Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default I'm a bit shocked to realise

how much $$$ I carry around in my handbag?? I cleaned out my bag today, and realised that I've spent a lot of money on what's inside it . . iphone, ipod, mini ipod speakers, perfume, lots of other bit and pieces . . not to mention the cost of the bag itself and my purse!! Tally it up and it's like OMG!! Have you ever thought about that (or am I just a bit too random hahaha)

Donna
Old 08-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Yes! I keep my iphone and kindle in my purse, and my makeup bag...that's another $100 +there...I know because I lost my makeup bag a year ago and had to replace it all...ouch!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I thought about it the last time I was waiting for an oil change. They told me I needed new brake pads & something & while I was wondering how much we could afford to get done right now it occurred to me I had my phone ($100), my DS ($80), two games ($50), my Kindle ($150) (the waits can be REALLLY long at this place) and my dSLR ($600) in my purse. Not to mention about $100 in cash.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Huh. I've never really thought about that.
Day to day I don't have much in there. My purse and wallet are Coach and were expensive ($400 or so for both, my 1st anniversary present from DH ), but other than that the only expensive thing in it would be my iPhone. Sometimes I carry my dslr in there, but not often.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I thought the same thing a few weeks ago when I had my Nikon D90, Kindle, iPhone and my sons iPod Touch in my bag, then I had my purse with my money etc it.

That's when I decided I need a smaller, cheaper camera to take out with me as I'd die if I lost my D90!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lol, my purse has a phone and my wallet with money/debit/etc. I don't have anything valuable in there! And the bag is like... a $15 bag...

ETA: I just tallied it up.

I got my phone for free... it would cost me about $20 to replace it. My bag cost me $15 with my discount (I bought it from a company I sell for). My wallet was $3 on clearance. I have $23 in cash on me, as well as a debit card. Makeup wise, I have $26 in makeup in my bag.

That's it!

New Siggy Coming Soon

Last edited by Jengerbread88; 08-17-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

HA! yeah - my $15 clearance messenger bag from Target, my $10/month phone and um... my $8 wallet from Target with little cash (but it does have a debit card) and my $13 MP3 player. I don't carry my camera anymore unless we're going somewhere picture worthy - I need a cheap P&S.

But I'm cheap that way
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Yep, another cheapie here, too. One of my work friends gave me the purse (she pays WAY more for purses than I ever would), I bought my wallet at TJ Maxx. I never have cash (but yes, my debit card is there), but I did just get a new phone. I take a P&S with me occasionally, but not everywhere.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got you all beat. I carry my 5D Mark II and three prime lens (like $5000), my iphone, my ipad, and a couple hundred dollars at all times. Yes, my Kelly Moore camera bag is huge and heavy! Lol. And I also freak out and refuse to leave it in the car ever. It stresses me out to really carry it, but I don't want to see something fabulous and not have my camera, you know.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
and a couple hundred dollars at all times.
I'm not even sure I own a couple hundred dollars at any time...that isn't sitting in my checking account waiting to pay a bill, that is.

I'm always shocked to even find a dollar in my wallet.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't carry it all the time, but when we were on vacation just 2 weeks ago, I was thinking about it. I had my $100 Vera Bradley bag with a $50 insert to make it a camera bag. My Nikon D7000, D40X, 18-55mm lens, 35mm lens, extra battery, extra HDSD cards, remote, BlackRapid camera strap, wallet with all the stuff in it, iPhone, my point & shoot, my makeup bag, epipen (that's $100!) & car keys (so, if someone stole my bag, they could easily get my car too!). Yeah, I didn't put that bag down ANYWHERE!!! lol
Old 08-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaGardner View Post
I'm not even sure I own a couple hundred dollars at any time...that isn't sitting in my checking account waiting to pay a bill, that is.

I'm always shocked to even find a dollar in my wallet.
My husband is a little weird and believes in keeping cash as an "emergency fund." I always have it with me, but never actually use it. If we are ever in a situation where debt cards won't work, we still have some money. Of course, if the world was melting down and couldn't take debt cards, then cash money would probably be useless. Lol.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
My husband is a little weird and believes in keeping cash as an "emergency fund." I always have it with me, but never actually use it. If we are ever in a situation where debt cards won't work, we still have some money. Of course, if the world was melting down and couldn't take debt cards, then cash money would probably be useless. Lol.
And that's always a great idea, Marla (a member of 'that' club)
Old 08-17-2011, 03:09 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

one of my coworkers had her purse stolen at the mall and the security caught the guy with the purse. Police asked her to total up the entire value of everything and between the Coach purse and wallet, the money in it, her cell phone, makeup, tickets to a basketball game, etc, the total was over $1000. The thief was charged with a class c felony (over $1000) instead of a misdemeanor. She was just real lucky to get everything back unharmed!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't carry a lot of stuff for me in my bag...purse...shoot and point (sometimes), journal, phone, couple of pens. I cleaned out my bag one day...thinking that 'I' was carrying around way to much stuff...this is what I found...

How sad is that lol! Apparently adding a toy car to the bag everytime we head out...adds up So yeah...probably I am carrying around a bit of value...in toys!!!

Fee x

Wear this -
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL..Fee that is too funny! I try to keep anything extra out of there...so just my purse (but that's usually a splurge item for me), my iphone, wallet, gloss, and random junk the boys hand me.

I had my purse stolen out of my car in MY driveway before. The thief took everything: cash, purse, etc except my wallet..He left my credit cards/ID. Must have been a high school kid out looking for some quick cash.

Penny
Old 08-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

hahahaha Fee . . I should have taken pics when I cleaned out my bag too!

Donna