Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Sad weekend for me

I completely missed all the games because our dog is soooo sick

I don't know if anyone looks at my gallery enough to remember my dog but Cody won't be with us for much longer. I've never lost a pet before, any advice?

Can't stop crying
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

This is when we first got him

Old 05-05-2019, 08:56 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Old 05-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your dog... hoping for a miracle for you!
Old 05-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry! Losing a pet is hard! Let your self cry, remember the good and fun times. Don't rush into getting another pet right away. Give yourself some time.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so very sorry, Tracey. Losing a pet is losing a member of your family. Allow yourself to grieve. Big hugs to you!!
Old 05-06-2019, 01:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved dog Big hugs!
Old 05-06-2019, 03:00 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry this all is just so sad! many hugs!
Old 05-06-2019, 03:17 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

So sorry about your dear dog, Tracey!! HUGS!
Old 05-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I’m so sorry hun. Nothing to help grief. But with time things get easier.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so, so sorry, honey. Sending you virtual hugs.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am real sorry
Old 05-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry
Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It’s so hard... my heart hurts for you!! If you haven’t already, journal about your favorite memories or just things about him. I know those memories fade and it’s good to be able to look back on them. I have a collage of photos in my bedroom of all our past and current pets. It makes me smile - I like to think of them romping around in Heaven
Old 05-06-2019, 09:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved pet. I just lost my 16 year old kitty in September. I know well what you're feeling. I often wonder if knowing you're going to lose your pet is worse than having it happen suddenly as you have so much time to dread it. Despite that, I think I would rather know so that I could spent the last days with him, loving on him and letting him know just special he is without regret and "should have spent more time with him, I didn't pet him goodbye, etc".

After I lost my cat, I swear I didn't want to get up in the morning -- I just didn't want to live. I thought I was being ridiculous at how hard I was taking it but I'm a feeler and I loved that cat like my own child -- even made my daily plans/vacation etc around his insulin shots. I guess I'm saying that b/c you might be shocked at how hard you take it and that's stressful too! But time does lessen the pain. It took me a good 2 months before I stopped crying every day. I'm still sad over it but I have noticed now that when I think of him my first instinct isn't to cry but to smile over him. I had him cremated and sometimes I talk to/pet his urn (it's a cat) and tell him I miss him and I just feel closer to him that way.

I did adopt another cat right away. I can see the value in waiting but I had so much displaced love that I really felt the need to get another one who needed me as much as I needed him. The cat I adopted was neglected, had fleas, has dietary/eating and minor behavioral problems. I knew he wasn't a replacement for my kitty, but just someone who needed me too. If you do get another pet, just keep that in mind and give the new pet (and yourself) grace when things aren't "as good as" they were before. They'll never replace your beloved pup but they could become very special in their own ways.

I am so very sorry you're hurting so much. Sending you a great big virtual hug. You'll be okay --- eventually.

Last edited by KingsQueen82; 05-06-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh no, that is such sad news. Pets are such a huge part of the family that it is so hard when they get sick I'm so sorry.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m sorry about your dog.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry... I get it, I'm a 'dog person'... they aren't "just a dog"... they are a part of the family. It is so hard to loose them, let yourself grieve - never think or let others say you are being silly. I can see waiting, but for those that I know, getting another one right away helped a lot... doesn't stop the hurt, but they are a comfort to help in the grief process.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to read this. I totally get this is hard on you. Take time to grieve. And listen to your heart.
Take care. You can vent here as much as you want and need to.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted to send hugs. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs for you and your family. I wish I had some savvy advice to help you get thru this but I don't. I've gone thru it a few times and it never gets easier. But I do remind myself that as heartbreaking as the loss is, the joy of having that love is worth it. I still miss every single fur babe I've ever lost but I am able to move forward and love the next one that comes into our lives.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Man...my heart is sad for you. I know this feeling too well. I have lost several fur family members. Each one has been my baby. He has been a true member of our family. They each have a special place in my heart and they have also left a void in my life. I miss them like crazy.

I second so much of what Cassie wrote. I also had my babies cremated. They sit on top of our TV stand in engraved wooden boxes. Each box has their photo on the top. Every time I dust, I pull them down, hug them tight and talk to them. I have several pictures of them in the house and often find myself chatting to them. No... I am NOT crazy. Just loved my boys and miss them.

I can't imagine our house not having a pet. Although it makes me sad that their life span is short, I know I have given each one of them a wonderful life and they knew love. They also loved in return. I was blessed to have been their Mom.

The healing process takes time. Don't think you are alone. Some people won't get it, but there are some that most certainly do.

Hugs and prayers. Cherish these days with your baby.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:49 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so much everyone for the well wishes and the virtual hugs.

Especially Cassie - what you say rings so true with all of the feelings I'm having. I never ever expected i would cry THIS much, i just can't stop, and he hasn't even passed yet. My son is coming home from the Navy on the weekend to say good bye so we will be getting him put down on Saturday. Originally i thought this was the cruellest thing ever, what if he has more time in him and we're cutting it short??? but now after the last few days i feel the opposite, waiting until Saturday seems like the cruellest thing with him being so sick, his quality of life is just zero right now and he doesn't even want to be with us he keeps wandering outside to lay on the verandah, i feel like if he wasn't a pet and any other animal he would just go off alone in the wilderness to die. I'm so sure he knows how sick he is, we are medicating him to help but i just wish i could do more.

Another thing Cassie mentioned - everyone is making me feel selfish for wanting another pet soon (not here, i mean IRL), I don't want to replace Cody, it's just that we're a family with a dog, I feel like we have so much love to give, we have really relied on Cody to be each and every person in this house's private confidant - what do we do without that...??

Sorry i'm rambling, I am soooo not good with all this emotional stuff

anyway what i just wanted to say was thank you, i have read each and every one of your comments and they all mean so much
Old 05-07-2019, 06:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is so sad. Six years isn't enough time. I would be crying all the time too. Furbabies are just part of the family. And don't feel bad about wanting another pet--if you've got the love, give it! There are too many animals in need.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww, I am so sorry My dog has been going through a lot of stuff lately, and there have been so many ups and downs, so I feel for ya. I'm sorry I have no advice to give on how to cope with everything besides to remind you that it's ok to grieve... I'm sure you know this but so many people out there will try to say "its just a dog, get over it." but in Reality, they are more than just a pet.... they are our family, our babies, our comfort, and our routine....all of which are difficult to say goodbye to or have change. Sending lots of hugs and healing vibes to you and your family.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m so sorry. Hugs for your family.
Our dog is 11 and I worry about how the kids will handle it when we lose him. He’s been a part of our lives for so long and my one son worries about him like he’s his child. No advice, just hugs here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2019, 01:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
but now after the last few days i feel the opposite, waiting until Saturday seems like the cruellest thing with him being so sick, his quality of life is just zero right now and he doesn't even want to be with us he keeps wandering outside to lay on the verandah, i feel like if he wasn't a pet and any other animal he would just go off alone in the wilderness to die. I'm so sure he knows how sick he is, we are medicating him to help but i just wish i could do more.
I wasn't ready for my kitty to go, not even close. I was still trying to save him (he developed sudden asthma and possible pneumonia with fluid in his lungs) when he decided to tell me it was his time. I had been giving him breathing treatments through a nebulizer and an antibiotic in case he developed pneumonia. It was time for his medicine when he saw it and used the last of his energy to move away from me into the closet where he knew I couldn't go. He was telling me NO MORE. He passed away minutes later. It was a horrible realization but a part of me is thankful that he did that, as guilty as I felt for subjecting him to it previously, because I know that he made his choice and didn't want to fight anymore. I did everything I could and he got to leave on his own terms, not me dragging it out longer for him. You will know when your dog decides enough is enough.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just a little word to say I'm so sorry…
We lost our dog at 5 years 2 years ago, He have been hitting by a car in stand of our house and die at the vet and we still crying when talking about him.
My sister who was her "owner" (but he was a family member) can't stand the loss and take another dog few monthes after. Not for remplacing the first, just because she needs to be occupied with another furry friend. It's still difficult.
I really think you needs to let your grieve and with the time things will be a little better but it really takes time.
I send you tons of hugs and I'm really sorry about this terrible new.
Take care, your furbaby will live forever in your heart.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you are going through this
Wish I could give you a hug in person.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's the worst. Hang in there. It will get better with time.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Aww, I am so sorry My dog has been going through a lot of stuff lately, and there have been so many ups and downs, so I feel for ya. I'm sorry I have no advice to give on how to cope with everything besides to remind you that it's ok to grieve... I'm sure you know this but so many people out there will try to say "its just a dog, get over it." but in Reality, they are more than just a pet.... they are our family, our babies, our comfort, and our routine....all of which are difficult to say goodbye to or have change. Sending lots of hugs and healing vibes to you and your family.
I'm so lucky to have such caring friends and family, no one has said it's just a dog, everyone gets it - they get why we're so upset. He's the most lovely dog and everyone understands why we will miss him so much

last night he lost the use of his legs, we're just hoping he can hold on until 11pm when my son gets here to say goodbye
Old 05-09-2019, 09:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
I'm so lucky to have such caring friends and family, no one has said it's just a dog, everyone gets it - they get why we're so upset. He's the most lovely dog and everyone understands why we will miss him so much

last night he lost the use of his legs, we're just hoping he can hold on until 11pm when my son gets here to say goodbye
Gosh, that's so hard.

Old 05-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

So very sorry about your dog. Losing a pet is so hard. I've been through it with our beloved beagle Max.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

i'm so sorry.

i have no advice. our dog passed suddenly five years ago - i didn't even have time to emotionally prepare.