Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2019, 04:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default How Do You Know the Difference...

between a creative funk and the end of your scrapping career?

I mean, think about how many scrappers aren't around anymore. I would guess that most of them didn't decide to quit scrapping; they probably just lost their mojo and moved on without making a conscious decision, right? They stepped down from their teams because they weren't "feeling it", but do you think that when someone scraps for the last time, they KNOW it's the last time?

I have had lots of periods where I didn't want to scrap, but I have always come back to it. Lately, though, I feel like maybe I just want to be done.

Because I have so many photos to catch up on from our seven months in the States last year, I decided to simplify and just print photos and put them in an album this year, no layouts. I can always come back and scrap this year if I want to.

But right now, I don't even want to scrap last year. My kids are older, and I hardly take any pictures anymore unless we're at an event. I've been teaching two classes at my kids school this year, and when I get home, scrapping just feels like work. Maybe I'll find my groove again, but what if I don't?