Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Weigh-In Thread for Jan 1 - 7

Hey girls!

So yeah... my good intentions last month were no match for the holiday treats. I've been completely off the wagon for 2 months now, and I've gained almost 7 lbs in the process. YUCK!

So, today, i got back on track with My Fitness Pal. I kept track of my calories and upped my water intake again. I still need to get back to the exercise habit, but I figure even just counting my calories is a step in the right direction.

Time to get back in gear. I have 38 to go to reach my goal, and this is the year I do it!

Who's with me?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

btw, do you guys prefer the weekly thread? If so, we'll go back to that format!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am READY!!! I didn't do a darn thing in 2012 but finally have the determination to lose the last 40 pounds of pregnancy weight!!! I am already down 5 lbs since Christmas!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally blew it for the past several months and gained all the weight I had lost last year...I did go back to Weight Watchers today and I'm officially starting tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Woo hoo! Let's go girls!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I'm with you Libby! I gained 2-3 pounds over the last few weeks cause I didn't even try to resist all the Christmasy treats. Hubby and I just stopped tracking for a few weeks and enjoyed ourselves. But, we're back in the swing of things now. I only need to lose 5-7 more pounds. Who knows how long that will take . . . it's pretty slow going lately. But, I'm here!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Well, I had a bad acid reflux episode over Christmas so that helped keep me from gaining too much. Not ideal, but I'll take it.

Now I'm ready to lose the other 30 lbs that I want to get to my goal.

I cancelled WW online and joined My Fitness Pal so I'll be tracking there. Next week when L.J. goes back to school I'm going to get back into running.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Oh my word. I don't even want to weigh in. I've been off the wagon for a year. But I need to get back on track.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to get into this, to keep myself accountable! I weighed myself January 1, and didn't like what I saw My goal is to get regular exercise in, not so much lose pounds (though that would be good. Or you know, replace the pounds with muscle)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey everyone! Well, my goal was to at least not gain over the holidays, but I didn't make it. I think I gained about 6 lbs! UGH!!! Now, it'll take probably a month to get that off. lol It was a yummy few weeks though. I'm ready to get going again. Going back to my WW meetings starting Friday and I've set a goal for myself to run a 5k by June, which means I'll need to start working on the cardio. Hopefully, this will be the year when I finally get to my goal weight. 53 lbs down...35 lbs to go!!!

Oh, and I think I prefer the weekly threads myself.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Ok, I'm in too. I'd like weekly threads as well. I would like to loose 10 lbs.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

OK, we'll do weekly. I'm thinking I"ll post a new thread on Mondays - start of a fresh week and all that stuff. That work for everyone?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds good, Libby! Thanks for keeping up with it for us.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OK! Count me in too! I'm going to throw 25 lbs out there to start. By my Birthday in August.

There. I said it.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I just joined WW online today. So sick and tired of the belly fat!!!

I weighed in at 167 today. They gave me 26 points per day with a first goal to lose 8.3 lbs (5% of my weight). I tracked for the very first time and realized breakfast cost me 10 points! I'm a breakfast person, so I guess I'll have to make some adjustments since I'm also a lunch and dinner person.

I do love snacking on raw veggies, so I'm going to the store this weekend to stock up on more cucumbers, green peppers, and carrots.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM

profile gallery send pm

Well, 26 points is as low as they go, Brook. So, figure out what works for you, and you'll be good to go. If you need a good dip for your veggies . . . Costco has an amazing greek yogurt jalapeño dip. I just love it, and it's only 1 point for 2 Tbsp. I eat it almost every day with my lunch. It's great with cauliflower.

I've gradually found 2-3 breakfasts that are 5 points, and that's pretty much what I stick with unless it's a special occasion. I try to keep lunch within 7-9 points, and then the rest is for dinner and maybe a little snack or treat.

It really does work if you stick with it and keep track of everything. Good luck, Brook!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am back on the healthy band wagon this year! I gained back all 68 pounds that I lost a few years back (took me 9 months to lose it, and 2 years to gain it back) and really need to focus on myself again.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
Well, 26 points is as low as they go, Brook. So, figure out what works for you, and you'll be good to go. If you need a good dip for your veggies . . . Costco has an amazing greek yogurt jalapeño dip. I just love it, and it's only 1 point for 2 Tbsp. I eat it almost every day with my lunch. It's great with cauliflower.

I've gradually found 2-3 breakfasts that are 5 points, and that's pretty much what I stick with unless it's a special occasion. I try to keep lunch within 7-9 points, and then the rest is for dinner and maybe a little snack or treat.

It really does work if you stick with it and keep track of everything. Good luck, Brook!
That dip sounds yummy! There's this cucumber dill greek yogurt one I've grabbed at the grocery store before that was good. LOL... I'm just thinking of all the time I'm going to spend calculating my recipes and food. Not looking forward to that.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM

profile gallery send pm

Good luck Jenn!! You'll do awesome, I know. And, we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Brook, the same company that makes the jalapeño stuff (Skoditakis - I think) makes a cucumber dill one too. But, I like the jalapeño best. Once you get in the swing of things, tracking really doesn't take that much time. Get the apps on your phone, and if you have a tablet, get that app too. That helps a lot.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have actually lost 2.6lbs since Christmas Eve so I'd say I did pretty well through the holidays! 0.2 away from 28lbs lost!

Libby, either monthly or weekly is fine with me.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to join in with you girls. I'm on a mission this year.

I'm down 9lbs for December, but I'm just starting my journey.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'm still tugging along..down 17lbs since Nov 1 which is huge for me b/c I lose weight incredibly slow. I've been on a 2 week plateau though so I hope to push thru this week and see a loss..I weigh in Monday am

Brook I only get 26 points too but I usually use a couple weeklys on any given day..it's hard with so few points

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
I'm still tugging along..down 17lbs since Nov 1 which is huge for me b/c I lose weight incredibly slow. I've been on a 2 week plateau though so I hope to push thru this week and see a loss..I weigh in Monday am

Brook I only get 26 points too but I usually use a couple weeklys on any given day..it's hard with so few points
So far 26 has been ok. It seems like I have to make some small changes... eating healthier snacks, less carbs, fitting in some dairy, etc. Yesterday I went over by 2 points but I didn't start tracking until 12 pm (today is day2) I took a 45 minute brisk walk which earned me 6, so I'm doing good. This morning I met a friend for breakfast and tried hard to make good choices!!! My breakfast out was 12 points.

Now, if you don't mind, explain the weeklies for me. It seems like almost too many points! Also, the oil. How do you fit in 2 tsp. of oil?

Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to throw myself in the mix here! I lost all of my baby weight (x4 of them) 4 years back but I gained it all back over 2 years when my thyroid gave out - bah!

anyway, last year I lost some and then once again gained it back - but this year I am really truly determined to be my best self! I am giving My Fitness Pal a try this time because I think the little scanner thing is AWESOME! We will see how it goes for me, but today i'm on day 4 of tracking, I may throw myself a little party when I've logged for a full week!

Nothing down yet and 18 to go, but I am determined to make it happen!

If you are on MFP and want to add me my ever so creative username is "shawnaclingerman"

Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Ok, so would any of you like to share some 7-8 point breakfasts and 2 point snacks? I'm out of ideas...

Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love the first week, I am down 3.4 pounds already and am loving trying new healthy recipes. Here is my "healthy meals" pinboard if anyone is looking for more ideas - http://pinterest.com/jennbarrette/om-nom-healthy/
Old 01-06-2013, 04:38 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Ok, so would any of you like to share some 7-8 point breakfasts and 2 point snacks? I'm out of ideas...
My breakfasts are 5 points. I have two main ones and they really aren't that different from each other.

1 cup cream of wheat
1/3 cup milk (2 %)
1 Tbsp sugar
fresh berries

1 cup multigrain Cheerios
1/2 cup milk (2 %)
fresh berries

If I feel like I need something more, I add fruit . . . a banana, some clementine oranges . . . stuff like that.

One egg is 2 points, so if you wanted to add some protein you could do a hard-boiled egg, and that would get you to 7 points.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My breakfasts are 5 points. I have two main ones and they really aren't that different from each other.

1 cup cream of wheat
1/3 cup milk (2 %)
1 Tbsp sugar
fresh berries

1 cup multigrain Cheerios
1/2 cup milk (2 %)
fresh berries

If I feel like I need something more, I add fruit . . . a banana, some clementine oranges . . . stuff like that.

One egg is 2 points, so if you wanted to add some protein you could do a hard-boiled egg, and that would get you to 7 points.
Oooh! Thanks for the ideas... I just bought some plain cheerios today. Figured I could do that with sliced fruit on top for one breakfast. Can you believe I have never purchased cream of wheat??? I should!! I like the option to have a hot breakfast without all the points.

I'm on day 3 and the only low point breakfasts I can think of is a Greek Yogurt with fruit (4 points) or a lenders whole wheat bagel with Philadelphia spinach artichoke cream cheese (7 points). Mostly because those were my only options in the house. But we were having homemade waffles, french toast & pancakes with eggs & sometimes a breakfast meat very often so I'm having to change my "big breakfast" mentality. It's obviously gotten me to the overweight state I'm currently in and can't be maintained!

I'm finding that after breakfast I get the urge to snack before lunch, which I never did before. Maybe that will change as time goes on? I think grabbing another piece of fruit is a great idea.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:27 PM

profile gallery send pm

If you want cream cheese options . . . go with the Laughing Cow wedges. Each wedge is 1 point, and they are really good. There are the sweet options - strawberry, cinnamon - and there are the savory options - garlic, onion, tomato/basil, etc. I buy bagel thins instead of regular bagels and Oroweat Sandwich thins instead of regular sandwich bread. That saves quite a few points.

Frozen grapes are one of my favorite snacky things. They are a great way to hold you over between meals without racking up points.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I love love frozen grapes

Most of my breakfasts are 5-6 pts

I usually rotate between these..and sometimes just have granola and greek yogurt

I do a low fat english muffin (3) with an egg (2) and sometimes turkey sausage patty (2) sometimes or just egg with 1/8 cup of 2% kraft cheddar (1)

1 cup special K
1 small banana
1/3 cup milk 2%

1 choc chip zucchini muffin (5)

hasbrown egg muffins (2 muffins for 3 points+ depending on ingredients)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Dude... I need those muffins. Mmmmmmmm!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM

profile gallery send pm

I weighed in this morning, and I've basically just lost the few pounds that I gained over the holidays. So, now I'm really ready to go!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I weighed in this morning, and I've basically just lost the few pounds that I gained over the holidays. So, now I'm really ready to go!
Nice, Lydia!!! Congrats!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome, Lydia! I gained 7 over the last 2 months, so I'm anxious to get those off so that I can start seeing "real" progress. LOL
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I too struggled with December. I've been trying to loose weight since August and have lost 21 pounds, but did gain back in December, but got it back down to about a pound over my lowest.

I decided to log in here as I haven't found time to visits other sites in a long time and was pleased to find this thread. I remember doing a skinny jeans one time with people here, although I didn't keep it up. I still have that layout and kit though!

Anyway, I use MFP too and I did start a group there so digi people could find each other.

We don't use the group much other than to find each other and mostly encourage each other on individual walls. Love that place!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I need to join ww again. I was down 19 pounds since having Harper, only 3 of those I gained while pregnant. Today i was up like 6 pounds, stupid holidays!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I joined My Fitness Pal too and that site is excellent! I have to jump in on this thread too. Back after my youngest was born I did really great and lost 60 lbs but when I went back to work 2 years later to a job that I hated I gained it all +20lbs back... bleck! But this May I turn 40 and I made a promise to myself to be at least 40 lbs down by my 40th. I have a whole lot more than that to lose but I figure that is a fairly safe and doable goal. So I am in for the weigh it... I am down 2 lbs since Christmas so far.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to jump in here. I've lost 5 lbs in the past week, but I had some tummy issues (not sure if it was gallbladder or a stomach flu that was lingering) so I've been super careful what I've eaten and had very small portions. I haven't changed anything else though and I need changes all around.

I'm thinking about Weight Watchers. I just don't want the expense, to be honest. That is the only thing that has kept me away from it. I want the information but I don't want the continuing online expenses or the meetings. I would pay for JUST the information but I haven't saw that as an option.

Anyway... for me breakfast is always 1 or 2 scrambled eggs. I put a little sea salt on them, nothing else. Most days I eat one, if I am especially hungry I eat 2. Lunch I usually have a 3oz portion of lean meat with some fresh veggies. I don't cook with oils or anything. Dinner though... sometimes I cook for me and go healthy but most of the time I cook for my family and they want stuff like lasagna and pizza, etc.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default I'm in too!

I just discovered this post today so I guess a little late is better than never for jumping in. I have been using My Fitness Pal as well to help keep myself accountable and It has been great. I am down 60lbs since last April and my goal is 100lbs. So far my tactics have been smaller portions and no carbs, no starches and no sweets. Some call it Paleo, others call it Primal but I call it working so I'm not messing with it. It has taken a WHOLE bunch of will power which I totally lost during the holidays.

I wish everyone luck with their own journey, mine has been challenging at times but last weekend I put on a size 10 for the first time in 10 years and it made it all worth it.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yay!! So glad you're joining us!! You've made such amazing progress already!!

For those who are still checking here, just thought I'd mention that you can find the new weekly thread stickied at the top of the forum here!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well girls I did really well before Christmas and lost 26 lbs September to the week before Christmas, had a fabulous Christmas and ate everything I wanted and put on 9 lbs, back on the diet from Monday when I went back to school and already have lost 3 lbs so I am a happy bunny I'm feeling very empowered so hopefully 2013 is my year!