Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Pottery Barn Kids Anyone?

I have never ordered from them before, but am thinking about getting bedding for the new nursery from them. So I am wondering about the quality? Is it worth the $$? Also, anyone know if it is normal for the shipping times to be so far out? The stuff I was looking at a few days ago said it would ship after March 15th. I go to look at it today, and it says will ship after April 19th. I am running out of time... LOL!

Anyway, just wanted the expert opinion from you gals! Thanks in advance.

Oh, and this is the set I am looking at:

And here is the room they show it in:

Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love pottery barn stuff... if it's anything like the adult bedding, well worth the money... but I can't get my hubby to agree to the $160 fireman quilt for my kiddo... As for shipping... usually came in a week to a week 1/2, unless it is back ordered...
Old 02-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My crib bedding is PBK. Can't attest to their shipping as I bought it on eBay, but through at least two homes and several years (my DS is 2 now), it's held up wonderfully!!! I still love it which is good as I'm going to 'need' it again this fall!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE PBK!! Don't have any bedding from them (but I adore the bedding set that matches your crib set) so can't really help there. And I've never ordered anything online either...so I guess I'm not that much help at all! lol

Old 02-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Another fan here, too! My kids are past PBK now, but anything we didn't keep was in excellent condition for donating when the time came.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

We don't have the bedding, but we got Luke an anywhere chair for his 1st birthday and it still looks new!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The quality is excellent. We have a twin quilt from 5 years ago that still looks great. It has been washed many many times and you can't tell.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well worth the money IMO. We have DS's bedding from there and a total of 3 anywhere chairs lol. They are awesome...the chairs are the best things I think we have ever purchased for our kids. The first we've had for 3 years and the cover has been washed countless times and is still in great condition so their fabrics hold up very well. He has one in his room upstairs and one down in our fam room. Ella got one for her birthday this year and she loves it.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought a used set off of craigslist and it has been wonderful through two kiddos. Washed repeatedly and still soft/bright. Well worth the money (especially since I paid for it used!). I will say that their popular styles will sell out and you may be running into this!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They really have high quality. I have never ordered from PBK but we have a PB couch in our house and it looks brand new even though we have had months.

I would call their customer service number and see what they could tell you about the shipping. They told us 8 weeks for our couch and we got it in 4 weeks.

Also, go to their website and sign up for emails. I get 10% off coupons all the time through email.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am not sure about there shipping because we have a PB Kids store in our local mall so I just hop over there when I need something but the quality is fabulous. We got the Star Wars bedding for my 2 oldest last year and they are very rough on stuff and it is still looking great!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Both my kids had the baby bedding and now they have big kid bedding. I LOVE it!!! Their quilts are so soft and snuggly and still look practically new.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm another fan of PBK! We also have 3 anywhere chairs and I LOVE them... they are WELL worth the money! My youngest has crib sheets and bumpers from PBK and they are really good quality and have held up well!

I did have a recall on a pull shade from them though, so just be careful about those!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

They have excellent quality...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My bedding from there has been great. I purchased a similar crib set for my eldest when he was born.

Penny
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I love PBK! Pottery Barn quality overall is very good -- expect durable items well worth their cost. I have yet to meet someone who hasn't been satisfied with their products.

Adorable set, by the way. What a gorgeous nursery you'll have!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

The bedding is great, but I wouldn't purchase major furniture pieces again from PBK. We purchased a table and chair set from them, and it had scratches and nicks in the paint within 24 hours. Granted, a toddler is using it, but other furniture pieces we have purchased didn't have that damaged look until a few months of use.

I stick with the bedding, lamps, and curtains/rods. The carpets are great too-we are on year 3 for the carpet in my DD bedroom.

Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Tiffany's Tidbits
Old 02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm commenting for a second time on this thread because now I have a story to share -- the good ole' "you get what you pay for" line is tried and true for me today.

Today, I went to Bed Bath & Beyond to pick up my daughter's new bed set. We just recently removed her crib from her "nursery" in order to transform it into a "big girl room". DH and I just purchased a king sized bed and gave Madi our nearly new full sized bed. We're skipping right over the toddler bed phase! Anyway, I special ordered this set for her and waited almost 2 weeks for it to arrive. I have been tracking the package daily, excited to see it -- I have been in love with it from the beginning. Seriously!

I merrily drove the 30 minutes to the store to pick up my goods only to fall in love with it even more because it's brighter and more precious in person...and to get home and realize A) the comforter colors bled during shipping and the comforter is now badly stained and B) the set is missing the shams (the cutest part of the set). BB&B says they have 7 other sets in stock "somewhere" but can't locate any store that has one of the 7 remaining sets.

I'm now canning the entire bed set, as much as I love in, and heading over to PBK to scoop up their adorable Kelsey quilt. I know it's more expensive (about $50 more than the defective set I have now) but the quality exchange is well worth it. I'll gladly fork over an extra $50 if it means the colors won't bleed in the wash -- I want a set that will last and PBK seems to be the company to go with. Now I have to wait until April to receive our new set since the one I've chosen as back up is on back order. But of course!

After all is said and done, I say go with PBK!

ETA: My mom just reminded me about the importance of finding a bed set that can be machine washed. The bed set I ordered from BB&B is dry clean only whereas the set I will be ordering from PBK is machine washable. Big plus!

Last edited by MadiLove918; 02-17-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

2 of my girls have PBK bedding and we looooove it I will def order from them again once the baby is moved to a big girl bed

the quality is fab!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so much for all the info! It sounds like they are a tried and true company and well worth the $$! I guess I better hurry up and get things ordered...only 13 weeks to go till the little guy arrives.

Thanks for the tip on signing up for the emails Julie!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love love love their stuff! We have bought several PB quilts for our bed and our sons' beds. We recently purchased the PBK locker furniture for my son's room. We got lucky and found the bed on Craigslist. And the PBKids NFL bedding we found on Ebay. There's an outlet in San Marcos (and I'm sure elsewhere) that apparently Black Friday they have great steals on returned-merchandise that's still brand new in package. Folks scoop those up and then sell them on Ebay. We were really happy with the PB stuff we got at a cheaper price. Enjoy!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like that set! I order from them all of the time and have never had a single complaint, other than popular items sell out quickly!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You just can't go wrong with them. Both my niece and nephew have had sets of theirs over the years. They always wash up beautifully and look amazing. They didn't have it (or I didn't know about it) when my kids were little or I most certainly would've purchased from them.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I may be in trouble...lol! I just realized there is a PBK store just up the road in Omaha - about 45 minutes away. And I am so excited! I called there tonight and they have the set I want in stock. I guess maybe I won't have to wait until the end of April! Again - thank you so much everyone for all your input!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Ooh lucky you! The set I'm eyeing is only sold online and out of their catalog...and when I attempt to buy it online, it says I have to wait until after April 10th for it to ship out. Oye, back ordered.

SO happy to hear you have a store close by and they have your set in stock. How exciting!