Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you have a digi supplies "budget"?

Do you allow yourself only a certain number of kits or set a certain amount to spend per month, or do you just see it, like it, buy it?? lol

I tend to be a "I see it, I like it, I buy it" kind of shopper, but I need to start holding back a little. I only started digi scrapping a few months ago (been a paper scrapper for 10 years) and I am finding now that I am doing as I did when I paper scrapped...."collecting" supplies!

SAHM to three girls (17,12,8) and two (very) spoiled mutts!

5 year breast cancer survivor

Words With Friends user ID: kpnv70

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Scrapper007/
Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No, I really don't. I'm more of a "I see it, I like it, I buy it" shopper too. But I find that I don't shop nearly as much as I did when I was first starting out since I know my style and I know what I will and won't use. I can browse at other shops and like what I see but know full well that even if I buy it I probably won't use it. Plus, since I get a lot of kits on my CT's, I almost always have a new kit or two waiting to be played with. That has curbed some of my shopping too.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's a scrap budget?!?! LOL

I spend CRAZY money on my digi-scrap supplies! I can't help it, I'm addicted!! hehehe

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post

I spend CRAZY money on my digi-scrap supplies! I can't help it, I'm addicted!! hehehe
yup

Old 07-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherKS View Post
No, I really don't. I'm more of a "I see it, I like it, I buy it" shopper too. But I find that I don't shop nearly as much as I did when I was first starting out since I know my style and I know what I will and won't use. I can browse at other shops and like what I see but know full well that even if I buy it I probably won't use it. Plus, since I get a lot of kits on my CT's, I almost always have a new kit or two waiting to be played with. That has curbed some of my shopping too.
This is me also. The first year I was scrapping, I bought SO much stuff that I never used. I still do it occasionally, even though I should know better by now LOL. I have bought 2 kits in the past 2 months.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No I don't have a budget either...I don't spend as much as I did because I have so many unused kits I feel guilty...When I do shop I usually buy everything that's on my wish list...
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

I also tend to be a "I see it, I like it, I buy it" kind of shopper, but I always remember not to ruin the family budged Or even... not to be noticed by DH

Old 07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a budget of $15-20 per month...just depending on what I manage to squeeze out elsewhere. I tend to do the portfolio everymonth because it makes that $15 go a lot further!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well... I use to be the I see it, I MUST HAVE IT NOW!!! That has gotten me into huge trouble with hubby... so he put me on a budget two months ago... I get $100 a month and that is to cover digi supplies, hybrid supplies, printing, and saving for software and camera equipment upgrades. I've cut back that I really only shop here... and I want to save money so I can get a new lens for my camera...
Old 07-21-2010, 02:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

$20 a month, sometimes I go over, sometimes I go under. I use to spend out of control, as I started getting creative teams, learned to be more picky, then I started spending less, getting what I enjoyed using, not what was popular.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

deffo a see it and buy it kinda gal
Old 07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I don't have a budget but I rarely buy/pay full price. If I'm shopping here I only shop if I have 40% sweet rewards. The one time that I do pay full price here is when it's "spend $X.XX and get this free kit". I don't really shop anywhere else, occasionally I'll pick up a Dollar Deal at The LilyPad but that's about it!!!

When I do my shopping here I spend anywhere from $10 to $40 dollars. I don't think I've ever spent more then $40 bucks at one time!!! It's usually about $20 bucks a month, or like I haven't done the challenges since April, so when I start them again and get my 40% I'll probably spend a good chunk of change since it will have been several months since I bought anything.

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I errr "theoretically" have a budget but I am not so good about adhering to it.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I do have a budget, but it changes it month and I don't always spend it.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to be an "I see it, I like it, I buy it" shopper (always on sale though, never full price) but I hardly ever buy any scrap supplies anymore. I rarely have time to scrap so if I do find time I have a huge stash I can pull from. I will occasionally pick up a $1 item here or there (usually at TLP) or the Songbird Avenue kit or The Digi Files but that's about it. Now actions/presets and photography related purchases are a whole different story lol...
Old 07-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Right now my husband lets me spend $10 a month. However our income is going up next month so he has said that it can increase to $25 a month. Which is going to be nice because then I can buy over the course of the month. Right now with $10 I tend to only buy what's on sale & only if I can scrap with it right away.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I was a spending tornado before I was a hybrid babe. I think my husband would FLIP if he knew how much money I spent on this hobby before, lol. Now that I am a babe though, I rarely buy anything. I rarely find something at another store that an SSD girl hasn't already done (usually better). There are only 1 or 2 designers outside of here that I buy from, and I've become WAY pickier about what I buy.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a scrapbooking specific budget... I just have a general personal budget for the month that lately I've been spending on SSD stuff... but I'm starting to slow down on the spending and needing to buy things like new shoes and clothes because nobody wants to see a naked me running around, lol.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to be a "I see it, I like it, I'll buy it" type of girl, but now I try realllly hard to stick to a budget of about 20 bucks a week.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I was a see it like it buy it type but I have too many hobbies to sustain that since I left work to be a SAHM - books, yarn, digi supplies, camera stuff all add up quickly.

I still see it like it buy it but I am so very very picky about everything now that I might spend $20 on digi supplies in a month, sometimes less. I have about $100 a month fun money & it has to be shared between books, yarn, cute shoes, purses, smoothies and digi supplies.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My budget is $30/month, and so far this year I've been under several times but NEVER have I gone over. This is HUGE for me!

I keep a list of kits I buy and check them off as I use them. Looking over that list (it's at 20 unused kits from this year so far) keeps me from spending more money.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a personal spending amount and out of that I allot for digiscrap supplies. I cut back when I need or want other things
Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a budget per se but I do try not to buy anything unless I have Sweet Rewards from the challenges here or there is a 30% sale. Occasionally I buy a kit I need for a LO I am going to scrap that day, but other than that I wishlist a lot.

and yes starting out you really feel like you are hoarding. But you'll find your niche and slow down some if you put your mind to it. Just wait until they have a party weekend here or they have giveaways like for the site's birthday...then you get all kinds of goodies!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have one but have had a hard time in the past sticking to it - it's part of my new goal to try to come in under budget (can you hear the designers crying? LOL)
Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I give myself $30/month. It's enough that I can stock up during SR but still have the fun of shopping new releases a few times a month. I usually spend it all and go over sometimes, but never by too much.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I give myself $30/month. It's enough that I can stock up during SR but still have the fun of shopping new releases a few times a month. I usually spend it all and go over sometimes, but never by too much.
me too

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Depending on the month, I can buy anywhere from 1 kit to 4 kits. I usually know, starting out, about how much money I have to spend. I try to make myself hold back a little bit until the end of the month so I can make sure there's no major sale that happens.

I basically spend what I have "leftover" when the month is about to end...

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 12-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post

Me too, I'm totally addicted. I'm a collector type and I have a big collection... When I buy new stuff I always intend to use it, but there is always new stuff that I want...
I have like 75 different Christmas/Winter kit so theoretically I don't ever need a new one, but when I see a beautiful new Christmas/winter kit I can't help myself. I have to buy it...
Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I range between $30 and $50 a month. More on the months that there is GGG or the BF sale, etc.