Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Angry Why is HE mad at ME?

So DH works a lot...he worked this weekend and had today off because it's a holiday. When it came to bedtime, I brushed Kaylee's teeth as usual () and then she asked him to read her a story. He said no without even thinking about it so I made a face then he made a mad face at me and took the book. WTH buddy...you don't ever put your kids to bed (Kristen is old enough to do it all herself anyway) and your daughter asked you to read a simple book...why the heck are you mad at ME? Spend some time with your kids for Pete's sake! Just because you work doesn't mean you don't ever have to do anything with your kids!! UGH!!

Oh, and the lawn hasn't been mowed since the week before we went on vacation (July 16th) so I mowed the front yesterday. Well today was a perfect day, but because it was his only day off, he didn't do the back and now he's complaining that it'll be hella hard to mow at the end of the week when he gets back from being away. Shoulda done it today then buddy! Would've taken about 45 minutes...

Last edited by Jennilyn; 08-01-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Men are so silly. They get mad about the weirdest things.

Hugs to you. Take a deep breath.

And then you can just sit back and enjoy when he has to mow.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I give you full permission to bop him over the head. Verbally if necessary.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Boo! Jerk...
Feel better Jennilyn-I would kick my husbands booty if he pulled crapola like that...
((Hugs))
Old 08-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ahh... our men.

A common complaint around here is that the second he walks in the door he starts 'taking charge'. Gee, I wonder HOW I got along w/o him all day??????
Old 08-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapsandsass View Post
Men are so silly. They get mad about the weirdest things.

Hugs to you. Take a deep breath.

And then you can just sit back and enjoy when he has to mow.
*HUG* True. May I suggest a tall glass of lemonade to go with your mowing-watching?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshobbes View Post
*HUG* True. May I suggest a tall glass of lemonade to go with your mowing-watching?
With a shot or two of Gin...if you are the drinking type (I totally am).
Old 08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sure he thinks I'm the one that will be doing the mowing anyway. I only learned this year to help out in case he's gone away when it REALLY needs to be mowed. Now he thinks I'm the one that is supposed to do the mowing all the time. I can't ever start the frickin' thing though so he needs to be home for me to mow.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, some men... *rolling eyes*

You've got it easy compared to what I have to deal with! :-/

Seriously though, mine hasn't mowed the lawn in a over month and I'm protesting... yuckiest lawn in the neighborhood- lol... luckily it's only a 3 inches tall..

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Last edited by rachaelsscraps; 08-01-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Wouldn't it be funny for him to come home to a neighborhood teen cutting it lol? Bet you could get one to do the back for cheap!

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyG View Post
Wouldn't it be funny for him to come home to a neighborhood teen cutting it lol? Bet you could get one to do the back for cheap!
Forget the teen and find a hot guy to come mow!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:49 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
I'm sure he thinks I'm the one that will be doing the mowing anyway. I only learned this year to help out in case he's gone away when it REALLY needs to be mowed. Now he thinks I'm the one that is supposed to do the mowing all the time. I can't ever start the frickin' thing though so he needs to be home for me to mow.
I can't start our mower either. DH hasn't been doing it lately, so I finally asked him to start the mower for me the other night so I could do the back while Kennedy was out there playing anyway. I did the whole back, but then he made a comment the next day about the front not getting done. Uh. So not my job.

I agree with the others and am all for hiring a hot guy to come and do it.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyG View Post
He actually mentioned it (our neighbors own a lawn maintenance company) and I said it'd probably be $30-$40 to mow and I forget what he said, but remember his comment had nothing to do with mowing which made me confused. LOL I'm thinking about asking the mom of a 12 year old boy who lives up the street to see if he mows yet and if he does, could he maybe come and mow for $10 or something.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

After having to mow the lawn myself (after taking the kids to school/camp and then coming back home to mow, shower and go to work) I decided to hire a lawn guy. He's not hot, but he does a fantastic job. He comes year round and only charges us when he mows, which is great in the winter when the grass only needs it once a month.

WHen DH complained I asked him if he was going to do because if not the rate we pay is more than worth it to me.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've decided that for guys time off is truly that. For women, it is a chance to catch up on laundry, dishes, organize and maybe, maybe have some downtime....

DH doesn't get why I'm irritated on the weekends. Dude, you sit on the couch and I clean... LOL.

I recommend the lawn service.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

He still hasn't mowed the lawn...granted he just got home last night from being away all week, but since today was a nice sunny but not hot day, he said he was going to do it. Lunch came and went...we watched a movie and he said he'd do it after the movie, then I said I'd go to Tim Horton's and get him some coffee if he mowed and he said he'd do the lawn after he got some coffee because he had a headache...coffee came and went...supper came and went...now he's laying on the couch and it's almost bedtime for the girls so it's not going to happen today. So frustrating! I just want him to do it rather than me since I did the front! I'm going to just have to try and start the thing myself during the week if it's nice and do it myself!

I think what bugs me the most is that he says he's going to do something and doesn't, just like he always does. If he's not working, he's laying on the couch "relaxing" because he works. Whatevz...grr...

BTW, I did e-mail someone who does lawn service to see how much it'd cost. DH said at the supper table "I guess we have to hire someone to get the lawn done around here". Uhh...it would be done if YOU DID IT! I do my share, now you do yours!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jennifer...call and get a gardener to do it. Seriously! It's what I did. I was so tired of fighting my boys and my dh (who was working out of state a lot of the year). I figured even when he came home if he wanted to do it, he could call and cancel the gardener and do it himself. (didn't happen)

I love that every Wednesday i know it will get done. it's worth whatever money you have to pay. I am NOT going to do it myself.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Definitely look into someone doing it for you. It's not worth the hours of annoyance it's now causing you ((hugs))

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp
Old 08-07-2011, 01:41 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Sorry you are going through that frustration.

I just had to laugh that this popped up again. It made me laugh cuz I did our lawn about a week and a half ago (the back) and DH never did do the front. Yesterday, he came in and told me he'd moved the patio table/chairs. He thought he'd check to see if I wanted to mow. LOL. Yeah, I've been just waiting for you to be around so you could start the mower for me and then stand there and watch me mow.

He actually went out and did the front and back though. I don't know why he won't just give up and hire someone to do it.

I think you should totally hire someone. Just tell him that you know how hard he works and you want to take one thing off of his plate.