Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic
Default Anyone have a Sony A200?

I wanna upgrade to an SLR, toying between the Rebel, D60, and Sony's alpha 200. I've only test drove the Rebel out of these since I was visiting my cousin and she just got it for her birthday. The Sony SLR is not very common, but it was highly recommended by DPR. I found a great deal on Ebay, for $499 you get a kit with the 18-70mm lens, carrying case, a couple of tripods, etc. The only thing I wasn't too sure of from the DPR review was that it's pretty noisy at high ISO and doesn't perform as well as the other 2 in low light, which is where I take most of my pictures. Oh and it doesn't have live view either.

So if anyone's using it, can you shed some light for me? I'm looking for something that will take great indoor pics, low light, clear action photos.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know anything about it. Sorry! I am a Nikon girl myself but know that Canon's are very good cameras too (someone even told me that Canons having better lower end SLRs than Nikon...with compatibility... but don't know how true that is).

I highly recommend getting your hands on each of the cameras to see how they feel in your hands. That was the deciding factor for me when I chose my D90 (I did have the D40x before that too) I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on something without having the chance to play a little.

Personally I have NEVER used liveview on my D90. I didn't care that it had it and will probably never use it. I was more interested in lens compatibility (I was very limited with the D40x).

Good luck with your decision! I know you can't go wrong with a Rebel or a Nikon.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I use the Sony A100. I love it!! I played with Rebel and I can't remember the other one and went for the Sony. It's easy to use and takes wonderful pictures.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

That's the thing for me, I got the play with the Rebel and a little bit with the D60 in the store. I can't find a Sony in the stores I've been to so far, but it's relatively cheaper than the other 2. I found a great deal on ebay though for a Rebel XS for $540, comes with the 80 and 300mm lenses and all the bells and whistles (camera case, tripod, mem card, etc). Oh, it's $22 for s/h but for all that not too bad!

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 12-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love my Sony but wow that is a great deal. Choices choices... LOL Either way you can't go wrong, a lot of people have the Rebel and love it but when I went to the store I fell for the Sony. Good Luck choosing!