Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic
Default Teasing - Grrr.

Mckenna was getting teased by a group of girls last week. She said they were calling her Magenta and were not being nice, like taking turns or laughing at her. I know it must have been a big deal because she's pretty tough on the outside and she doesn't fuss over things like that. She told the teacher about it when it happened but I guess it's nothing the teacher can completely fix. When they're in recess is when it happens the most.

Today I walked her to school, she ran to the playground and stood in line for the swing. Two of these girls were on the swing, I could already tell they weren't gonna let her on. So DH told her why don't you go to the slide. She went there instead. So now the girls' ringleader gets to the playground and grabs the swing from one of the girls, she gets off and ringleader climbs on. The displaced girl goes to the slide. Just then Mckenna fell off the ladder and sat there to put her shoe on. This girl starts pointing at her and laughing. Ugh! I felt so bad for her, but I gave her the thumbs up because she didn't fight or talk back. She just put her shoe on and came running to the line that was forming outside of the classroom.

Anyway, the girl that was laughing at her, her mom is a teacher at the school. I wanted to say something to the teacher, but I know she already talked to the girls before and there's only so much she can do. And the girl that took the swing from the other, her mom was standing outside the classroom with us chatting with another parent so she didn't see what her daughter was doing. I don't get to take the kids to the school too often because of work, but from what I saw today I hope it's not something that happens everyday. I just don't know how to handle it.

Sorry this is so long, I really need some input on this!

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 11-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That is terrible Sam!! That kind of crap just hocks me off BIG time.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How awful!!!! Those girls should get a stern lecture! If the teacher isn't going to do anything--in the classroom or on the playground, then I would go to the principal. That is bullying and it needs to be made crystal clear to these girls that how they are behaving is not acceptable. Good luck on this! It makes me mad just thinking about it!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

So sorry this is happening to McKenna Sam!!! I would continue to talk to the teacher about it. If that doesn't help, then I would go to the principle. Bullying is unacceptable! We are lucky that we have "no bullying" policies at our schools. The teachers here take this very seriously and will do everything in their power to stop children from acting like this.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

Thanks ladies. It's upsetting to say the least. When I picked her up from school today she seemed to be in good spirits, I don't think the incident from earlier bothered her. I just hope those girls are not like that all the time. I'm gonna keep asking her how school went to get a feel of things. If it happens again, I'll def have a talk with the teacher. I guess I'll leave it up to the teacher, I didn't know if I should talk to the parents as well. You know how people get when you talk to them about their kids.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*