Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Share How Do Your Organize Your Digi Supplies

This topic probably was discussed many times but I feel like I need a refresher and hopefully pick up new ideas. Here is how I organize my my scrapbooking supplies

I have one folder "Collections". Within Collections I have one folder for each kit. I usually keep all the alphas, papers, and elements in one folder. Sometimes, if the kit is large or if there are multiple alphas, I keep alpas in its own folder.

In the Collections folder, I also have Index folder, where I copy the the folder.jpg and rename it with the kit name. That way, when I'm looking for a kit for a specific picture, I look for right color scheme kit in the Index folder.

Templates are a bit tricky for me. I have a separate folders just for templates where I group them by how many pictures are in the template. I have groupings for 1 - 3 pics, 4 pics, 5 - 6 pics, 7 pics and above. But sometimes I will just leave a folder with designer's template alone and don't categorize how many pics there are.

Recently I also started to keep a list in Notepad what I have purchased and when. That way I can find recent purchases faster.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did a blog post last summer on how I do mine. I use ACDsee, I've been using it for at least 8 years. https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...be-sunday-712/
Old 04-09-2016, 03:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use Traci's method: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...o-little-time/
Old 04-09-2016, 05:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

i organize the kits by theme like Traci's method that Jacinda mentioned...

Old 04-09-2016, 09:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am not very organized supply-wise.

I used to use ACDSee 5+ years ago but I spent more time organizing than scrapping.

I figured out that I'd LIKE to be a scrapper who picks 'n' chooses between multiple kits & elements... but I'm not.

I just have my supplies (and it's 90% kits in the last couple of years) organized by designer name. I don't organize by store since designers move, and I don't pull things out of kits.

Within each kit, I do pull the alpha folder/sheet out with the papers so it's just elements in the elements folder. I'm not sure WHY since I rarely use alphas but that's what I do.

Oh, I do have a 'To Be Used' folder that I pull new kits into so I know what hasn't been used yet. Once I've used the kit, I then drop it into the designer's folder.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a kit scrapper that typically only uses a kit once. So my supplies are all in folders by year and month. I very rarely need something from my stash, so I don't invest much time in organizing. I can always use the search function if necessary
Old 04-10-2016, 02:10 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I organize it by shop folder, then the designer folders inside the shop folders. Then each kit folder inside the designer folders have papers, elements plus folders for alphas and other extras like paint/brush packs, bonus papers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2016, 03:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do it like this.
I organize by store and then the kits with their preview image (folder.jpg)
Inside of the kit, I like to keep the alpha, elements and paper folders only.
If there's more folders like solid paper, extras, etc. I cut-paste them into either element or paper folders.
I keep a TEMPLATES/ALPHAS/STAMPS/ETC folders for such things which are not kits. It works for me because I don't have tons of these and I can keep them in collective folders. Inside each collective folder is again each product with its own folder and preview.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 04-10-2016, 03:13 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I keep it like gwanny does.
some bigger folders like disney i make subfolders like characters, dining, parks ect.
or traveling i have subfolders like america, europe, asia ect
Old 04-10-2016, 08:26 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I organise my kits, alphas and stuff on designer. I have labeled all the previews and copied them in a separate folder, so I can search on theme or colorscheme.
My templates are all in one folder, I also labeled those so I can find what I need by search results.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

My stuff is a hot mess. Right now there is little to no organization. I mainly just have my store folder. Since becoming a babe I started downloading each week of NRs into their own dated folder so last weeks folder was 4-9 and all the NRs from that week went into that folder. I then move the kit once I use it to my regular folder.

No organization...lol But I should try to organize my giant SSD folder a bit. lol It's pure chaos.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Since I'm almost always a one-kit scrapper, I have everything organized by designer name. If I need something specific, I just use the search function on my Mac to find it. I do like the idea of putting templates into folders based on how many photos are in the templates, so I may have to try that.

As for my layouts, I have a "To Be Printed" folder that's organized by year and then month (when I actually scrapped the page). I'm SO behind on printing, but I figure this will help me keep track of everything when I am finally ready to print.

For photos, I organize by year and then theme/event. It's definitely not a perfect system, but it works for the most part.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Photos I'm pretty good at organizing lol. Year, Month, event.