Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-29-2020, 06:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default What brought you to SSD?

And when is your 'join date'?

I used to be heavy into making siggies back in the day. I had my own forum and everything (lol). That's where I first discovered digital scrapbooking products. And since SSD is THE spot, that's naturally where I went first. Crazy to think that it was over ten years ago!

Old 03-29-2020, 06:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember the earlier years, when my date says 2008 because let's face it, that was TOO long ago and if it wasn't scrapped about, it's been forgotten!

But I do know that Studio Basic Designs is what got me here and to stay at the shoppe! You see at the time, I was this "traditional scrapper", trying to find her style and fit in with the digi community. But I had a secret obsession with artsy style that I was always scared to post online. So I secretly followed Ru for many years until one day I didn't care and started posting my layouts online!!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 03-30-2020 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think I was looking for a new spot to call home after a few stores closed. I remember going to scrap orchard but it closed too. I knew I needed a strong place that was here to stay because I didn't want to have to switch again.
SSD WAS THE BEST! What was I missing all these years!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been here since the beginning; I was a huge fan of Sara Carling & Mindy Teresawa. And ScrapKitchen was one of my first creative teams. I'd been at Two Peas & DigiTalkShop, but it wasn't until the forums opened here that I felt like I'd found my home. : )
Old 03-29-2020, 08:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started digiscrapping in March 2004, when my oldest was 5 months old. My first digital home was Scrapbook Bytes. After a few years there I moved over to DigiShopTalk. I stopped by SSD on opening day and was here on and off in the very early years. My join date for the forums says December 2007, and my first gallery posting was April 2008. I think I started posting in the gallery when I started participating in the challenges here, and that's when SSD became my digital home.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started digi scrapping in 2009,but with all freebies....

then I found Stuff to Scrap (I think that was the name?) and then Scraps n Pieces... I was at Scraps n Pieces till they closed (and even did a little designing while there). I joined a bunch of stores for freebies n such over the years. I also post LOs in a few other galleries, just not very regularly.

Amber Shaw's designs brought me here and I joined the forum and gallery right after I bought a few of her sweet kits. Since then I have fallen in love with many designers here and my style has definitely changed in the last few years.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-29-2020, 09:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

fun stories, ladies!!!

my forever favorites have always been jenn barrette and lauren grier xo

Old 03-30-2020, 12:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had just started digiscrapping because my then two year old had just started walking around and nicking my stickers and stamps. And with a newborn on my hand on top of it I had no time for scrapping. So I went digital and needed some awesome ellies. Stumbled upon SSD and a kit by Kristin and have never looked back.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:45 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I had shopped here a little now and then, until Flergs moved here from SBG. So I guess you could say I followed her here, and discovered a bunch of new to me designers in the process.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty sure I first joined to do a Believe in Magic (Flergs and Amber Shaw) challenge and had to post here. After Scrap Orchard closed I followed some of the designers here and dabbled a bit, but as I got to know everyone and use the designers here, it quickly became my go to spot.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I came in December 2015 after another store closed. I was looking for a new home and SSD designs were the best I found. I started scrapping in 2011.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I first started using SSD products as a siggy maker, also. Having a siggy on Babycenter was a big deal. Once Cole was born I realized that I could also use the products to scrapbook. I started in 2007 when he was born and haven't looked back. I also really don't enjoy making siggies any longer. lol

Old 03-30-2020, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was a die hard paper scrapbooker. I absolutely loved it, and didn't think I would ever enjoy digital scrapbooking but decided to go to a class about the basics of photoshop hosted by our local scrapbook store so I could learn how to edit photos and that type of thing. The instructor was a lady I knew and after that class I saw how nice digital pages could turn out. I asked her about more classes and she told me about the Jessica Sprague site where I ended up taking several online classes. I think it was the class on clustering that had a free kit from SSD. It wasn't until I found SSD that I found products that I really loved. I joined in September of 2011.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I was a paper scrapper and when I started dabbing in digi back in 2006 I was on a pretty much all paper store design team....then there was LOTS of drama and I was looking for a place to find some great digi goodies and here I still am many years later..... my join date is 2008 and a lot of the girls here (that we're here back in the day) helped me get through my navy deployment to Kuwait from nov 08 - Jul 09....

I miss being on all my "girls" teams and being on their CT.... Libby, Ru, La, Shawna & Jenn..... I hope to maybe get back in the groove and get to use my talent on some ne CT' because l love working with a deadline ��

I haven't been hanging out in the last 5 years because life just happened but I'm so glad to be back with my girl Amanda (mandat I thunk is her new username) ❤️
Old 03-31-2020, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I believe I came here after Scrap Orchard closed and Amber Shaw came here. My join date is Feb 2014, but I wasn't very active here then.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:27 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
I first started using SSD products as a siggy maker, also. Having a siggy on Babycenter was a big deal. Once Cole was born I realized that I could also use the products to scrapbook. I started in 2007 when he was born and haven't looked back. I also really don't enjoy making siggies any longer. lol
girl. i bet we were in some of the same forums babycenter was my shiznit back in the day. lol. May 2007 baybeeeeeee

Old 03-31-2020, 05:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember what brought me here, but I've been around since April 2007.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

In 2010 or so I started doing editing for an online scrap magazine called ScrapStreet. Blagovesta Gosheva and Red Ivy were two designers that we were able to work with - that's when I discovered SSD, but I didn't join until a few years later.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been here since they opened, I think I started calling SSD my home when Heather Roselli & Fee Jardine both moved from the Digi Chick over here. I was CTing for both of them and just loved everyone.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I think I found SSD when my son was an infant so about 13 years ago. It took me a bit to come to the forums.