Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Special Events > 18th Birthday - Party Game-A-Day
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2024, 01:48 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

My best birthday present ever would be the day my children and me moved into our apartment. It gave us our space and away from a toxic environment.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:47 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Thinking back on my many birthdays... the one I really remember the most and it's kind of silly... my 20th birthday. My future ex-hubsand planned a surprise party for me. I was obviously in the dark and very down because none of my friends were available to go to dinner. My ex took me to a very nice Italian restaurant in the city "to cheer me up". Well, we got there, walked in, and there was a table with all my friends! And in what would be where I was sitting was GIANT Winnie the Pooh! 33 years later, I still have that loveable bear even though the ex is long gone! LOL

CTing for Kelly Bangs Creative
Old 02-23-2024, 03:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have had some amazing birthdays, and think my favorite gifts have been the handmade cards/gifts from my kids of course. One specific gift though I remember was my 40th birthday present from my sister (and really my nephew too) My sister and I got matching tattoos in honor of rare disease awareness (because she and I have at least one, one of my sons and then my daughter has a super rare among the rare diseases) My nephew actually designed/drew the zebras we got. It was her gift to me and I love it
Old 02-23-2024, 03:46 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

One of my best birthday gifts was from my husband. One year on my birthday he told me that I could turn in my resignation and retire whenever I was ready. This was several years earlier than we had planned so it was a great gift. I turned in my resignation the very next day and I have been loving retirement ever since!
Old 02-23-2024, 03:58 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Since I was little I always hoped to go see one of my favorite singers but for one reason or another I had not been able to, it is very difficult to get tickets since they sell out very quickly, recently my sister came to visit me and told me that as a my birthday present I had gotten VIP tickets to go to see him! so this is one of the most special gifts I have ever received!
Old 02-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My best birthday gift was when I was 17 and my grandparents gave me their old car. It was 14 years old, had rust on the back end, and 175,000 miles, but I didn't have to drive my parents 9 passenger Brady Bunch station wagon to school any more!
Old 02-23-2024, 04:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Best gift was when I was able to get everyone in our immediate families together to celebrate my twin brother & I's 30th birthday. Hard to do since we were all in different states at the time!
Old 02-23-2024, 05:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Looooove all these birthday stories! It's like one big happy thread.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Last summer we were in holidays in Croatia when I had birthday. I had just finished my treatments against cancer, so my birthday was a present on itself. We were traveling from city to city. On my birthday we just arrived in a new town, and we decided to drink a coffee and have a birthday cake. We found a nice looking place in the sun. I have no idea when he asked it, because he was with me all the time..but suddenly all the waiters came, singing 'Happy Birthday' with big sparkles in my cake. All the people in the restaurant started singing and clapping.
It was a very emotional moment for me and it showed how much my husband loves me. I have sent the video of this to my family and friends and they were all very emotional about it.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I prefer practical gifts or experiences for my birthdays. Some of my favorites have been a kitchen-aid mixer, a homemade meal made by my husband, drinks out with girlfriends, etc.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My husband surprised me with tickets to a concert by a guy I've fan-girled over my entire life, AND sprung for a meet-and-greet with him! It was a few hours away, so he turned it into a little getaway at a bed and breakfast. So awesome!
Old 02-23-2024, 06:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have had 2 Surprise Birthday parties.

One for my 16th birthday- from my friends in Youth Group at Church. The 2nd one was my best friend growing up and her husband surprised me on my birthday for a camping trip!

We don't do huge Birthday gifts, but both of those were very meaningful "gifts" that I received!

For the girls, when they have each turned 16, we have done a "dream" vacation for them! We have been to the UP of MI, a Disney Cruise, WDW, and Disneyland.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My best birthday gift was about 20 years ago when my husband and I were poor college students...I regularly walked our toddler to the library and used grocery bags to tote the books home, but the books would always tear the grocery bags. That year he bought me an inexpensive canvas tote for all our adventures to the library.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don?t really have memories of special birthday gifts, but my best birthday party was my 11th when my parents threw me a teddy bear tea party complete with decorating our own t-shirts with puffy paint, decorating mini teddy bear cakes, and croquet! Forever a very fun and memorable birthday!

41. Seattle
Old 02-23-2024, 10:12 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I will never forget my Barbie car when I was 4. I could drive in it and felt like a grown up. My mom was on a very tight budget growing up so I know that was a very big deal for her to make happen. My mom would take me out to this huge parking lot that was within walking distance and I would "pull over" and pop the hood, poke my head under and then "fix it"
Old 02-23-2024, 10:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Best birthday gift was a new computer from my sister and my brother-in-law five years ago.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My best birthday gift was my son, who was born 9 days before my birthday.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:45 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

My favorite birthday was my 40th. My husband and I spent the weekend in Toledo, where I went to college. We hit up my favorite places, including the zoo, Tony Packos for my birthday dinner, and a Mudhens game with my college roommate. Such a fun weekend!
Old 02-24-2024, 12:14 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My 32nd birthday, my then boyfriend (now husband) planned a weekend in Chicago with tickets to see Book of Mormon. A couple friends from work were teasing that he was going to propose, which I completely shrugged off. We had a great time in the city, and then came home and he did propose during a lazy Sunday morning at home the next day!
Old 02-24-2024, 01:26 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

The best birthday gift I ever received was for my 50th in November 2020. We had been planning big trip to Vegas to celebrate. Then the world ended, I mean Covid happened, and there was no travelling anywhere. One of my friends bought us each a mini cake and dropped it off at each of our doorsteps. Another bought sparkers, funny hats and other decorations which she also dropped at our door. A third ordered pizza for each of us and had it delivered. Then we mocked, I mean watched, a Hallmark movie on zoom and we ate pizza and cake "together".
That was over 3 years ago and for variety of reasons, I still haven't been to Vegas. And until that happens I'm not turning 50.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For my 23rd birthday my boyfriend got me an engagement ring. Well, technically it was the day AFTER my birthday because he thought I'd be expecting it ON my birthday (which I was), but an awesome birthday gift nonetheless.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:22 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Best gift ever received.
When we were first married my husband went in a craft store and bought me a pair of scissors for Christmas. It was supposed to be a surprise, but the clerk told me about a special order when I told her my name. It was very touching for me because my husband would rather watch a romantic movie than set foot in a craft store. Those are not manly things to do. I told the clerk she had the wrong person and she insisted she was not wrong and she wasn't.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:02 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This is such a fun thread! Loving reading about all these special moments!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Old 02-24-2024, 08:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am not very birthday (for mine), I was born on December 22 it was often mixed with Christmas gifts... So I will choose the memory of a gift made to my eldest son with a football shirt of the Belgian team (my country) with the name of one of his favorite players of the time

Old 02-24-2024, 08:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My best gift ever was my oldest being born just 2 weeks before my birthday. Best feeling ever to be cuddling my newborn on my birthday that year.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:25 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

A diamond heart pendant my grandma gave me when I turned 15.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:20 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

On my 13th birthday my parents surprised me with a horse. She was the best!!
Old 02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My dad is a sea captain, so he was away for a long time while I was growing up and later, well for my thirteenth birthday he sent me a telegram, the first and last I ever received, to wish me a happy birthday, I remember it made me feel so important and special.

{..:: daydreamer. imagination. dreams. books. night owl. nights. stars. sky. sea. pizza. music. movies & TV series. fairy tales. fantasy. magic. unicorns. pigs. fall. winter. ♋June. kawaii. manga. anime. colours. Sicilia♥Argentina. family. daughter. aunt. sister ::..}
Old 02-24-2024, 12:57 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My best birthday gift is my sewing table built for me by my husband the first year we were married. Many a sewing project has been completed on the table over the last 36 years from projects for our home to projects for our daughters and now projects for our grandchildren!

Old 02-24-2024, 02:04 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs down

My best birthday gift was for my 40th birthday. My husband booked a trip to Dumfries in Scotland for us staying in a tiny converted bothy and the highlight of the trip was up to the Scottish Dark Sky Observatory for a tour round and a look through the telescope. I have never seen a sky with so many stars in - it was breathtaking and the definitely the best present ever

Last edited by tillykaye; 02-24-2024 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:32 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

The best gift I ever got was the birth of my youngest daughter who was born 2 days after my 30th birthday.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for the fun challenge Jacinda!
I had lot of great memories, my last best birthday gift was last year for my 40. My grand mother offers my kids and me a Disneyland Paris trip. I already went to DLP a lot but it was the first time for my kids (except when they were babies lol) so I love this and enjoy this time so much!
Old 02-24-2024, 05:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't name one specific time, but on multiple occasions, my mother has made me various scrapbooks, photo collages, photo slideshows, hand knit sweaters, etc. for my birthday. She is super crafty and generous, and the things she makes are always beautiful. She always makes birthdays special.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:33 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I truly don't have one. In 2002, I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child but sadly I lost him 11 days later. Birthdays don't really hold a special meaning to me. My husband spoils me daily and I don't have a real want for anything. Maybe I will get a grandbaby next year on my birthday (or around it)!
Old 02-24-2024, 06:09 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

My best birthday gift was on my 16th birthday, a gift of fresh flowers from my aunt. I never received flowers before and it stuck with me to this day.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:42 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My best gift was received on my 29th birthday. I just started dating a man I liked (my husband today). We had only gone on a few dates before he left for an overseas trip. While he was gone my co-workers threw me a surprise birthday party which is a wonderful gift. The icing on the cake is that my soon-to-be husband arranged to have a gift delivered to me at the party. It was a fancy kite. It was the most thoughtful gift because he recalled a brief story I told him about a childhood kite experience. Plus, he lived two hours away and was currently out of the country but still managed to have the gift delivered (this was decades before Amazon).
Old 02-25-2024, 01:13 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Best birthday gift was on my 40th birthday. My hubby, kids and I went and had the BEST beach trip. Usually our trips to the beach are just day trips but we stayed for 2 nights and it was so much fun. We continued the birthday beach trips for the next 3 years until my back to school/work start date was before my birthday.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I would have been 7 or 8, I think. I received a Chatty Cathy doll for Christmas.

She had a string coming out of her back and when you pulled it, she would say, randomly, any one of these phrases:
I love you
Will you play with me?
Lets change my dress
Please brush my hair
Where are we going?
I'm hungry
Please carry me
Let's play house
I hurt myself!
I'm sleepy
Tell me a story​
I thought she was the most magical doll ever!
Old 02-25-2024, 11:53 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

One of my best birthday presents was when my best friend, who lives in another city and whom I don't get to see very often, unexpectedly came to visit me. It was a great surprise and we had a lot of fun celebrating my birthday.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:43 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

For my birthday 2 years ago. We took a trip to Disneyland for my Birthday and Halloween. I also got proposed to on that trip in front of the castle.
Old 02-25-2024, 08:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

For me, it was my 50th birthday. My family had a surprise party for me with all of my friends and family. It was so much fun! Close second is a birthday in Disney where the cast members do special things for you like add a desert or give you a shout out.
Old 02-27-2024, 05:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for playing along everyone, and sharing your stories. I loved them all. I'll PM you the download link to the kit in the next couple of days.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hi ladies. I sent a big email to everyone who participated, but the server seems to have cut the number of recipients to about 20. I'll go through and resend the download link to everyone else on Monday. I'm away from my computer at the moment and can't do it properly on my phone.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you! I was one of those that didn't get it. Got to love computers and their glitches.
Old 03-02-2024, 11:16 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Oh thank you, I just came here to check on it as I was sorting out my goodies and realized I had been missed too!
Old 03-02-2024, 03:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I came here to find out if it had been sent out, because I have not received mine either. Thank you!
Old 03-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hello,

Did the prizes already go out for this one? I don't think I have it here. LOL! Thank you!

Old 03-02-2024, 09:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I missed the deadline as we were traveling to Australia and have had limited access to wifi, but I have enjoyed reading all the responses. It is a fun happy thread!

I grew up with my Mom and Dad making a big deal out of birthday's so I have continued that in my household. I have tons of great birthday moments.

I have two surprise parties and have hosting at least 10 for others. Those are some of my favorites. For my DH's 40th, I arranged a surprise b-day Disney cruise for him that included our siblings and their kids. His birthday is in April and I knew he would be expecting a surprise, so we did the cruise about 2 months early...lol.. I arranged it all with his boss, out pet sitter, school teachers and friends. In the end I had to tell him we were going on the cruise, but he didn't know it included our family. He was very surprised when they showed up at the port waiting for us. It was a priceless moment I won't ever forget.

Old 03-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have received all the freebies except this one, February 23rd.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For those still waiting on their download link - it's coming. There was a glitch in the server that caused only some to receive my email. I'll sort the rest this afternoon when I get back home. I've been away on the other side of the country for the last several days without a computer.