Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default almost vacationed out!!! hehehe

We are sitting in Brandon, Manitoba at the moment, in the Walmart parking lot, taking advantage of the free overnight parking and the wifi from a local grocery store. hehehe

We left home on the 9th, and drove two hours that night to Lethbridge, Alberta. The next day, we drove to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, where we camped at a beautiful campground resort (which normally has awesome wifi, but we were far from the modem so we got crappy signal). Sunday we headed to Regina, Saskatchewan, and took in an awesome show with motocross tricks, wakeboarding on the lake, skateboarding, and a kick-butt concert (The Envy, Social Code, and Vanilla Ice - YES, Vanilla Ice!!! AWESOME!!!). We then drove to St. Lazare, Manitoba on Monday to visit with Des' aunt who is a nun, as she was down visiting another one of Des' aunt's. Tuesday we went up to Russell, Manitoba, to visit with some of Des' friends. Wednesday through Monday, we were up at beautiful Blue Lake Resort in Duck Mountain Provincial Park, north of Russell, where a family friend got married over the weekend. So beautiful!! Monday we headed across the Lakes of the Prairies, to Fisher Branch, Manitoba, where we visited with another aunt of Des', this time his mother's family (it's actually where she grew up). Yesterday we were went down to Winnipeg, Manitoba, where we were until this afternoon.

We head back up to St. Lazare tomorrow, to visit with the rest of the family, and then we start our trip back home on Friday. We would head home now, but we didn't get to see all the family we needed to when we were there last week.

I miss chatting and scrapping, but hopefully I got some awesome pics to scrap when I do get home!!! I know I've taken a lot, just have to get them transferred to the laptop.