Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default spin-off of the self-portraits thing

Um...naughty? or bedroom type shots for your hubbies and SOs? Anybody do those? I do. I have some ideas and tips I could share there, too, but um...not with the general public.

But I'm always looking for ideas in this area. It's really hard to just google pose ideas because, well, it's the internet and we all know what sorts of stuff we'll see when we google anything remotely related to the topic. There's a big difference between a tasteful (but still provocative) photo for my man and the vulgarity that I have to sift through for ideas.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

How bout the man's shirt pose, with nothing underneath, some serious cleavage and thigh and messy, sexy hair. That one got me good reviews from a SO. He said a lot of the appeal was the tease factor. I didn't really show anything, but he knew.

I generally hate any type of self portrait, but I'd be interested to learn how to do those better as well. Men are so visual.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

I have taken some in the past but I pretty much refuse to now. Only because I'm uncomfortable with myself.

Hopefully I'll get more comfortable in my own skin b/c I know he'd appreciate it. lol!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That is a winner. I took some like that over a year a go, but I should definitely revisit it. Maybe even go buy some cheap stiletto heels just for pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
How bout the man's shirt pose, with nothing underneath, some serious cleavage and thigh and messy, sexy hair. That one got me good reviews from a SO. He said a lot of the appeal was the tease factor. I didn't really show anything, but he knew.

I generally hate any type of self portrait, but I'd be interested to learn how to do those better as well. Men are so visual.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I actually did a whole series a month or so ago. I was inspired by some stuff from pintrest, and needed a model, so....I became the model.

Actually one of the only photos of myself-ever taken that I love.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Epperson View Post
I have taken some in the past but I pretty much refuse to now. Only because I'm uncomfortable with myself.

Hopefully I'll get more comfortable in my own skin b/c I know he'd appreciate it. lol!
Yeah. I'm super self-conscious msyelf. If there is an angle that gives me a fat roll on my back or makes my bewbs look overly saggy, they go to the rubbish bin. I have found certain positions and good lighting really, really help with my flaws.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
That is a winner. I took some like that over a year a go, but I should definitely revisit it. Maybe even go buy some cheap stiletto heels just for pics.
That will certainly add to it.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yeah. I'm super self-conscious msyelf. If there is an angle that gives me a fat roll on my back or makes my bewbs look overly saggy, they go to the rubbish bin. I have found certain positions and good lighting really, really help with my flaws.

(very true for anyone)
Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by apphotos View Post
I actually did a whole series a month or so ago. I was inspired by some stuff from pintrest, and needed a model, so....I became the model.

Actually one of the only photos of myself-ever taken that I love.
See, now I wanna see. or maybe you could at least link me up to the stuff that inspired you?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

To make him more interested in scrapbooking you could hybrid scrap yourself with embellies...think rolled paper flower pasties
Old 02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm self-conscious too but I'm sure Jeff would love them. My mom did one years ago for my dad wearing one of his shirts and tie. It hangs in their bedroom.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
See, now I wanna see. or maybe you could at least link me up to the stuff that inspired you?
I will PM you a password/blog post link.

Here are a few of the inspiring images: http://pinterest.com/pin/122019471123815988/ , http://pinterest.com/pin/122019471123806175/ , http://pinterest.com/pin/122019471123810953/
Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyMorris View Post
To make him more interested in scrapbooking you could hybrid scrap yourself with embellies...think rolled paper flower pasties
hahahaha

Some shots that I've done that were mega popular with the hubster:
The men's shirt and nothing underneath/cleavage shots
The profile of one side of my body lying on the bed with the sheets covering up all the treasures. A woman's curves from the side like that are lovely, and I don't give them much attention normally.
Me with a big cable-knit style scarf covering various parts of my body. The most popular was one where it is just sort of laying across my hips and I have one hand just sliding down underneath it. Boys really like that whole notion of girls touching themselves. Crazy.
I took some sucking on a popsicle. And wow. If you didn't know it was a popsicle...
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by apphotos View Post
Yay. And those are awesome inspiration phtotos. I really need to get me some sexy heels.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

A friend of mine had a boudoir session a few weeks ago and one of my favorite shots was of her knees down. She had on very sexy stilettos and pretty Lacey undies that were hanging around her ankles.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
A friend of mine had a boudoir session a few weeks ago and one of my favorite shots was of her knees down. She had on very sexy stilettos and pretty Lacey undies that were hanging around her ankles.
wow! That's steamy. I love it!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh yeah, that will get some serious notice.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Yep! I do them too. Krystal, I'll show you mine if you show me yours lol. Behind the scenes of course
Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Yep! I do them too. Krystal, I'll show you mine if you show me yours lol. Behind the scenes of course

Old 02-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

see, i just couldn't. i'd feel stupid and well, after all my bodies been through, NO ONE wants to see that shizz naked...or even given the impression of being naked.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have, but not recently. I will probably try to do some more in a few months. Losing 45 pounds has helped in the confidence area but I still have a ways to go. My husband doesn't care but I definitely do. I took some in front of the Christmas tree one year and they turned out really nice. Of course, its been 8 years since I looked at them so they may have only seemed nice at the time. LOL
Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So here's a question, if you take them do you just leave them on the laptop to be veiwed on computer only? Or do you print them off in house to give to them? If they're on your computer do you password protect them so the kids don't accidentally find them. Geez, I'd be nervous that a picture would somehow show up in a slideshow at some family event But I know DH would love these. So this topic totally intrigues me!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If you have a Charlotte Russe near you they have over a dozen pair of stiletto heels for 10 bucks some glittery, pink, turquoise, tan/neutral.. I was like OMG love but so not for me My dd bought some for her dance on Friday

Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyscout View Post
So here's a question, if you take them do you just leave them on the laptop to be veiwed on computer only? Or do you print them off in house to give to them? If they're on your computer do you password protect them so the kids don't accidentally find them. Geez, I'd be nervous that a picture would somehow show up in a slideshow at some family event But I know DH would love these. So this topic totally intrigues me!
I've had little books printed for DH. The last set I did, since it was a photography project and I want to do some of that type of photography, have been printed off. I will put them in a small album and kept in my office, for when 'those' types of inquiries come in.

If any of you want to see them, I don't mind giving the password via PM, I just don't want them available for all of internet-land & under 18 that happen to visit my blog, if ya KWIM. (And my body is FAR, FAR from perfect or tiny and I am FAR from being self-confident...especially in front of the camera)

If you're going to do them, think about what you feel like your best assets are, what you want to show off. Set aside time to doll up before hand, who doesn't feel better about themselves after getting all dolled up. Don't face the camera square on. Take LOTS of them and something will work and your DH/SO will love them, even if you feel like it's silly.

And heels, some DIY glitter heels, could be super hot! http://pinterest.com/pin/122019471123837679/

Last edited by MandaT; 02-27-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyscout View Post
This!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post

umm... I wanna see!!! I've been missing Manda's boobs and someone else needs to step up to the plate... we need to see some more... and you two are two of my girl crushes and I need inspiration!!!

I took some back when we were doing fertility testing and IVF... because Mark wanted to look at me and not some magazines that would make him totally uncomfortable... it was fun and he loved it... I should totally do it again... I do have some issues I feel like I need to just get over with... like the sagging skin and boobs from the pregnancies and c-sections... but I suppose since she's always grabbing and pinching and wanting some action... that I probably should just get over my issues because he's still totally attracted to me even with the sagging skin and boobs...
Old 02-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I'd love to do this near the end of the year (or my birthday) for the hubs. It's the reason I decided to get back into exercising.

Here's one photographer whose work I really love--her props are awesome and her photos are gorgeous And I love that she's single AND totally God-fearing. Her attitude towards her work is so inspiring
http://www.theboudoirvixen.com/blog/
Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
see, i just couldn't. i'd feel stupid and well, after all my bodies been through, NO ONE wants to see that shizz naked...or even given the impression of being naked.
Amen sister! I've never felt less sexy in my entire life. 3 kids, twins, 2 c/s later. And I saw serious cleavage mentioned a few times. And if you have NO cleavage these would all seem a lot less sexy. Not to mention my husband is in the best shape of his life with solid muscle everywhere and I'm solid flab.

I wish I had the confidence and self esteem to pull this off! You go girls! Good for you!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I plan on doing a book. For now, I LOVE texting them randomly to him at work.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ooh Lexi, great link!

This girl has a real body with curves and looks pretty good. I also have the c-section, 40 y/o boobs and stretch marks to deal with. Plus I'm short and short-waisted, so I feel like I have way too much cleavage and not enough length to give me a sexy waistline, but I work with what I've got.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I admire your courage!

When I reach my goal weight I want to do something like this. Only I will be wearing sexy undergarments that lift, tuck and hide. Not only will it be a provocative photo but also an optical illusion.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, if you go through her blog for her client posts you'll see they are REAL bodies, not model-sized. She even has "maternity" boudoir shots that look really sweet and sexy
Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Those were all so amazing to see! I think its a great idea and I am sure well received by every man.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnel View Post
If you have a Charlotte Russe near you they have over a dozen pair of stiletto heels for 10 bucks some glittery, pink, turquoise, tan/neutral.. I was like OMG love but so not for me My dd bought some for her dance on Friday
I'm totally making a shopping list based on some of the suggestions in this thread and from some of the gorgeous photos I've seen. I have such a BORING underwear drawer. And while I LOVE LOVE LOVE my flipflops and chucks, I really need something sexy on my feet.

Last edited by krystalhartley; 02-28-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Smokin' hot avi, Amanda!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've paid someone else to do them 3 years ago, but would love to try and do some myself.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Not gonna lie.. NEVER thought to do these before.. maybe after the baby and the baby weight have disappeared... I'm pretty sure DH would DIE...
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I plan on doing a book. For now, I LOVE texting them randomly to him at work.
I do it. And the texting it to him at work is the really fun part about it!
My fave one ever was me standing in front of a window - facing it, my hair is long and it was curled and cascading down my back and I am looking sort of to the side and down and I am removing an elegant gown. The gown stops rights at the small of my back. DH LOVES it and actually either wants to have it airbrushed on his motorcycle tank or hung in his office.

I have done the heels shots and done boots too. I am not super confident about my body either and stopped taking pictures for about 3 years when I got to my highest weight but I am actually starting to take them again the last 6 mos.

I love some of these ideas!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to start taking these. are y'all using a tripod for these or what...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've done a bunch with my iPhone (arm out in front of me or behind me or wherever I can get it to catch a new angle), but it does mean that I can't fit as much in the frame. I've done tripod and timer once and have just been too impatient to do it again. I should. I've seen some beautiful shots.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Smokin' hot avi, Amanda!!!
Thanks my dear!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've got a stinkin' cold at the moment - so might take a shot of me posing with puffy eyes and a nose like rudolph the red nose reindeer. If I text that to him, it should keep him away til I feel better
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I am SO saving this thread and super glad I found it! I contacted a lady a month or so ago to have photos done for our anniversary but I think I want to wait a little bit to get more fit! Going to be watching for more tips! Thanks for starting this thread!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatrout View Post
I've got a stinkin' cold at the moment - so might take a shot of me posing with puffy eyes and a nose like rudolph the red nose reindeer. If I text that to him, it should keep him away til I feel better
.. LOL
Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatrout View Post
It worked for Debra Winger in Terms of Endearment - Jeff Daniels' character seemed to love it ROFL
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am loving all the suggestions! Can't wait to shock my man. I have done a couple of text but he always freaks out. He is SO worried that I will text it to the wrong number. LOL (my man is a big ol' stress ball) I have also done a small book for him but it was many years ago. (just like Heather......we were doing fertility treatments and he didn't want to look at those magazines so I made him his very own personal one. It is now locked in the gun safe! LOL)

I need a tripod STAT! I already got the remote to my camera. hmmmm.......thanks for the inspiration ladies.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
It worked for Debra Winger in Terms of Endearment - Jeff Daniels' character seemed to love it ROFL
Or monica on the show Friends. Chandler went for it and loved vapor rub. LOL
Old 02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
I am loving all the suggestions! Can't wait to shock my man. I have done a couple of text but he always freaks out. He is SO worried that I will text it to the wrong number. LOL (my man is a big ol' stress ball) I have also done a small book for him but it was many years ago. (just like Heather......we were doing fertility treatments and he didn't want to look at those magazines so I made him his very own personal one. It is now locked in the gun safe! LOL)

I need a tripod STAT! I already got the remote to my camera. hmmmm.......thanks for the inspiration ladies.
*giggle* Jer has one from when we first started fertility treatments too, lol!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I told myself that, single, married, engaged, whatever, when I get to my goal weight, I'm booking a budoir shoot. I don't care if the pictures sit in a drawer forever for no one to see... I think that it would be a fun, confidence-boosting shoot.

The only downside is that it's the ONE shoot I can't get super affordable because my best friend (photography student who takes some AWESOME portraits) is NOT someone I'd ask to do this kind of shoot. I think he'd be really freaked out if I asked him, and I think I'd be too freaked out to ask him. Lol. I need to find a good FEMALE photographer for this task!

How does everyone do them by themselves? I'd be afraid to mess it up... but I would really like to try that sometime.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, my! Ha ha! I love this thread. Lots of ideas! Krystal, you little vixen, you!

Now I'm going to be thinking about investing in some smexy unmentionables. Good for the marriage, huh? LOL! Love it...