Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM
Default Did you collect beanies?

I admit it. I used to be a beanie baby addict and line up at Hallmark and Cracker Barrell early in the morning hoping to get those little stinkers that would end up worth like $200 a piece. No such luck on the value, but they're cute and I still have boxes full of them in the shed.
All former and current beanie baby addicts, check out this page. It is cute as cute can be! Brought back memories.....

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...hp?photo=68646

facebook
Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I was a huge collector. I have kept all of my bears, but every year I give my students each a beanie baby for Christmas. My collection is finally getting manageable.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I was never into them, but the MIL - her entire house is nearly wallpapered with them, literally. She even bought the little plastic cases for each one for a while. I remember picking up like 3 cases of these once for her at JoAnn's and then she was soo happy to get them inside to keep the dust off.

My kids love to look at them all and she always tells them..."When Grandma dies you guys get all of these to share." This is always followed by a look from my husband saying..what the heck are we going to do with all of these...LOL! There are some really cute ones, but in my house I'm not sure they would ALL be on display.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

This is way off track but a good way to promote something. In our area the VFW posts have a Toys for Peace drive. They were requesting little beanie type toys or other small stuffed toys. They send them overseas to the units to pass out to the troops. The toys are small enough to fit in cargo pockets and the troops can give them to the children in the area. There was story that one of the children who had gotten a little beanie stuffed toy stopped a convoy by wavying her little beanie in the air. She had warned them of a bomb up the road. Just wanted to share.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have so, so many of those all packed up in boxes somewhere. My mom spent entirely too much money on the Princess Diana one for me. lol
Old 11-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was a HUGE collector and still have quite a few put away.......my kids found my stash though and now they are all over the house, I swear you can turn around in each room and find at least 2-3 beanies somewhere!!!! I had actually sold quite a few and made some good $$$ but that was a LONG time ago. I have an obsession with Teddy Bears so those are the ones I sought after the most...FYI, it all started with the Pink Flamingo I bought my niece way back in the day

Anyone remember when McDonalds gave them away in the Happy Meals......I had my entire family in line almost everyday until we got them all so sad really!!!!!

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

we have a few beanies. maybe 15, or so.
I love the little animals, especially the little ape sweetheart and the frog and the cat, yada-yada-yada

alexandra LIFe Photoblog~365

Last edited by alexandra; 11-15-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to Kim

I used to collect the bears only. I started getting rid of them, but I hung on to my favorites.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, yeah! I was a HUGE collector. I still have bins of them in what will be the new baby's room. I don't know what to do with all of them now though?! I need the space! lol They might be relegated to the attic soon.

DD found the stash last week and is now begging to take some out. I gave her a couple to play with.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to work in a store that sold them so I got a hold of some cute ones. Wasn't a real collector so I didn't have that many, but I have bought some over the years for my girls and they have taken over the ones I did buy to "save for future funding" LOL
Old 11-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I do not collect the beanies but I do have quite a collection of Build-A-Bear and Care Bears beanies. I think at last count about 35-40 of each

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was a huge beanie addict! I ended up selling mine on eBay sometime back and kept a few special ones. I even decorated my Christmas tree one year with beanies:

Old 11-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I kind of collect them...it isn't a huge obsession or anything and I started collecting them when McDonalds had them in the happy meals but nothing crazy. Then in 2001 I discovered ebay and went alittle nuts. LOL I love the "ty Punkies"...I think that is what they are...they are so stinking cute!!! I just uploaded a LO with some of my collection this morning. LOL
Old 11-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I have about 3 large totes full of them!!! and we have some of the BIGGER bears too....I even bought some speial addition ones when I was in London that you could only buy over there!