Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default A Healthier Me in 2016

Hey girls!

Sorry I forgot to post a new thread again!

This is the place where we can share our weight-loss and fitness journeys! We're here to offer support and encouragement! Anyone on any plan can post. So feel free to jump in and share away!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Well, I was stunned to weigh in tonight and see that I'd lost 3.4 lbs this week! That puts me at a total of 12.4!! The past couple of weeks have just been a pound at a time, so it must've all been catching up with me! LOL

Also, we're having an "inspire me" session at our WW meeting next week, and the leader asked me to speak for a few minutes just on how our eating habits have changed as being a part of WW. Ack!!!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Libby - great job and how awesome that you were asked to be a role model (year YUCK on the public speaking but at least it is for something you know about).

I have been doing good on my exercising (stepped up to about 90 minutes a day spread out into 3 - 30 minute sessions) and food has been pretty good so I am hoping for a good loss (last week was only 1 pound).
Old 02-05-2016, 12:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did really well on the exercise front for about two weeks....then I let excuses take over (don't want to get out of bed, its hot, its raining, im not feeling well etc). Need to swiftly get back on board with a) wearing my fitbit everyday and b) attending both wed and sun aqua zumba classes while I can- I was good for 2 wednesday classes and thats it so far. From the end of the month I won't be able to do the Wed night class so I really need to make Sunday's a habit.

Eating wise I've been atrocious - can't be bothered eating a meal, miss it or graze all day, oo hot to cook, order pizza & garlic bread, out at a food court.....order a burger combo so I really need to kick myself back into gear big time.

Sent from my SM-G318H using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have had my first week of feeling tired of this change and thinking I was never going to loose weight again. I don't know why this week was so rough but then yesterday I felt a little better and this morning I stepped on the scale and I lost 2 pounds.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:13 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Hey girls!

I'm changing this thread to a monthly format since we don't have a lot of chatter right now. If it picks up, I don't mind changing it back to weekly.

How's everyone doing?

I'm down 14.8 since the first of the year. Slow & steady!

My goal for this week is to up my water intake. I know I haven't been drinking enough, so I want to really focus on that before my next weigh-in.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!
Old 02-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

As of today; I am down 27 pounds from 12/28. I had a week where I felt yucky about all of this but I am getting a second wind and feeling better.

I went through my closet and have about 20 items that I am taking to consignment shop tomorrow since they no longer fit.

Funny how it seems the weight went on overnight (even though I know it didn't) and the weight seems to take forever to come off.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Debbie, 27 pounds in 2 months is AMAZING!!!! That's actually considered really fast progress! I'd say you're doing awesome!!
Old 02-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow-27 lbs since the end of December is amazing! I'm close to Libby, down 12.6 lbs since Jan 3. There are no specific changes I plan to make this week.

I'm a little nervous about a trip we have coming up in late March. We'll be eating only in restaurants for 9 days. That's especially challenging as a vegetarian; lots of restaurant meals for vegetarians are either high calorie foods like pasta or are lots of vegetables with no protein. Not that big a deal when you're eating out 1 or 2 meals a week, but difficult when restaurant food is the only option. We'll be at Disney World (plus 2 days of driving each way), so I'm hoping all the walking will help me not gain too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 02-20-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Libby & Rachel - I have about 90 pounds I want to loose so I knew the beginning would go quick and I am hitting that area where it will be slower which I know is the way it should be.

Rachel - good luck with eating out; I have been eating out just not eating bread and so forth but I am not a vegetarian so I really don't know what you can eat.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Seem like everyone is doing amazing! Way to go ladies!

Me on the other hand fell off the band wagon for a few days. I am really discouraged as I still haven't lost anymore lbs but I think I am losing inches off waist instead. I like to see the lbs and not inches. Haha. All together I am sticking to the only 1 day a week I can drink carbonated drinks. I got semi-tired of the bland plain water and went out an bought every flavor of Crystal Light I could ever want and am sticking to the water better now. I am being wiser in what I eat and "snack" on. Still eating a lot of veggies and making better lunch/dinner choices when meal planning.

Today we are having Gluten free White Chicken Ranch Chili in the Crock Pot and it smells amazing as it is cooking.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like everyone is holding steady I've been sticking to my lifestyle changes and the pounds are slowly but surely dropping down at 2 to 3 a week and I'm fine with that since I don't want maintenance to be an issue.

I've been reading the book Proteinaholic and it's been very eye opening and interesting. Confirms for me the choices I've made in spades.

I cooked my meals/snacks for the week today so I'm ready to go. Cheyanne was on vacation all last week and I only worked part-time during the week, so I'm looking forward to getting back into our regular schedule.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I joined a women's Bible study a couple of weeks ago with a particular focus on food issues (not just weight loss but also bulimia, anorexia, etc.) & we are starting to read the book 'Made to Crave' by Lysa TerKeurst.

I'm so excited to finally get to the heart of my emotional eating so I can be healthy on the inside as well as on the outside.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

LA, I just bought that book, but I haven't read it yet! I can't wait to hear what you think of it! I'm totally an emotional eater, but I've been doing a lot better recently. Still, I'd love to get to the root of it with this book!

Marie, I'm totally with you! I don't want to lose too quickly because I want to be able to maintain. I don't want this to just be a "diet" to shed the pounds quicky. I want this to be a way of life from now on.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another good book to read as far as eating "habits", emotional eating, etc. is Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink (I might have mentioned this before but I can't remmeber! LOL). So many things in this book hit home for me!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Really struggling at the moment - next to no exercise and filling up on junk food with no real meals....I can't seem to stay away from white carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Old 03-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh....Jennifer....I am in the same boat. I am trying to eat clean and healthy most of the time but those pesky white carbs keep finding their way back into my diet. Mostly it's the restaurant and takeout foods. The good thing is that this month I am down a few lbs so at least I haven't gained.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I've been reading the book Proteinaholic and it's been very eye opening and interesting. Confirms for me the choices I've made in spades.
Just bought this - I saw its only 1.99 for kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Proteinaholic-...=proteinaholic

I was thinking about signing up for weight watchers but after some reading it sounds as if the new points plan is very paleo friendly which means it isn't very vegan/vegetarian friendly I'm going to start tracking with either lose it or a different app
Old 03-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok i gonne hope in on this healthy me for 2016 . for me it is a bit harder to really lose weight i can not eat glutes so a lot of products without glute are with a lot of sugar so i try to bake and make as much as i can homemade . Excersize is also diffrent because my fibromyalgie and hypermobilitie ..

So here is my plan
- Walk every day ( some days it wil be 1 hour other days only 20 min depends on the health )
- Don't eat candy and oh my i love my candy
- Skip the soda drink tea and water instead
- Try to do a bit of excersize on the good days
Old 03-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Just bought this - I saw its only 1.99 for kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Proteinaholic-...=proteinaholic

I was thinking about signing up for weight watchers but after some reading it sounds as if the new points plan is very paleo friendly which means it isn't very vegan/vegetarian friendly I'm going to start tracking with either lose it or a different app
It was an excellent book - a lot of scientific documentation included (which might annoy some but I have a brain that needs scientific data - LOL). I just track my calories in my fitness pal every day and have it set for 80% carbs, 10% fat, and 10% protein so I know when I'm going over those totals. I weighed in today at 22 pounds lighter than I was in mid January, and I feel fantastic (and I eat WHITE carbs all. the. time).
Old 03-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i'm going to PM you!!

I have the starch solution but haven't got to reading it yet - i love that i don't have to feel guilty about carbs anymore though - what an eye opener
Old 03-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
Ok i gonne hope in on this healthy me for 2016 . for me it is a bit harder to really lose weight i can not eat glutes so a lot of products without glute are with a lot of sugar so i try to bake and make as much as i can homemade . Excersize is also diffrent because my fibromyalgie and hypermobilitie ..

So here is my plan
- Walk every day ( some days it wil be 1 hour other days only 20 min depends on the health )
Sounds like a great start!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
i'm going to PM you!!
Okay! I'll be back shortly to read it - have to pick up the teen and drop her off at driver's ed school
Old 03-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I went ahead and just changed the title of this thread so we can just keep posting here. I hate to have to start a new thread when we've got conversations going on.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

It sounds like you have a good plan with Marie!

I love WW, and I've found that it works well for me even though I don't eat a lot of meat. But you have to find a plan that you feel comfortable sticking with.

I'm down 18 lbs since the first of the year, and I honestly don't feel the slightest bit restricted. I'm just eating less, moving more, and drinking water. I feel stronger and healthier. I've still got a long way to go on my journey, but I don't feel burnt out like I often do by this point in a "diet."
Old 03-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
I went ahead and just changed the title of this thread so we can just keep posting here. I hate to have to start a new thread when we've got conversations going on.
Makes perfect sense!
Old 03-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
So here is my plan
Good for you! Even the smallest changes can lead to big results! You've got this!
Old 03-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It sounds like you have a good plan with Marie!

I love WW, and I've found that it works well for me even though I don't eat a lot of meat. But you have to find a plan that you feel comfortable sticking with.

I'm down 18 lbs since the first of the year, and I honestly don't feel the slightest bit restricted. I'm just eating less, moving more, and drinking water. I feel stronger and healthier. I've still got a long way to go on my journey, but I don't feel burnt out like I often do by this point in a "diet."
That's really awesome!
Old 03-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
i'm going to PM you!!

I have the starch solution but haven't got to reading it yet - i love that i don't have to feel guilty about carbs anymore though - what an eye opener
Isn't it though?!? I have 2 potatoes every morning for breakfast with mustard (I have a mustard collection... I think I need a mustard anonymous group ) I have a potato for a snack when I need one; again with mustard - LOL. And I eat pasta at least once or twice a week (sometimes whole wheat but sometimes white pasta) and I eat a lot of rice too
Old 03-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

March's goal is for me to loose 5 pounds - I have hit that time when the weight is just slowing falling off which I am sure is the healthy way but very slow.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can I get another Do-Over? (seriously, how many do overs does one need....ugh). I know what works for me, what I need to do and it's not hard to do at all, but I am seriously lacking the motivation to stick to things. I know when I am ready ready I'll know it, but man, I want to be ready now :S
Old 03-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I too just got the Starch Solution book and will read it soon. I do eat more carbs now (I was really low carb for a few years and felt good, had less achy joints, and less bloating but felt deprived) but try to eat them earlier in the day, have smaller portion sizes and don't eat carby snacks after dinner (much).
Old 03-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I too just got the Starch Solution book and will read it soon. I do eat more carbs now (I was really low carb for a few years and felt good, had less achy joints, and less bloating but felt deprived) but try to eat them earlier in the day, have smaller portion sizes and don't eat carby snacks after dinner (much).
That's one thing the book Proteinaholic pointed out was that people who did the low carb thing couldn't sustain because they felt deprived - some sooner than others, but he said so many would come back to his office with the weight back on and bummed out because they couldn't stay on the paleo without getting cravings for carbs. I tried low carb myself years ago and yeah, that didn't last long! LOL
Old 03-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have tried so many different types of dieting i.e. paleo, WW, low carb, low fat, vegetarian (my shortest attempt b/c I just can't go without meat) and I'm sick and tired of working so hard at it and depriving myself that initially I am thrilled with the weight loss but then gain it back. So this year I have decided to not focus on the scale so much, am eating much less white flour, white rice and sugar and am eating as clean as I can (not a lot of processed/boxed/canned foods) and so far this is working well. I indulge every now and then but it's not an everyday or even every week thing, so maybe this will be better for me to follow. I eat butter, not margarine, I eat full fat cheese but in smaller quantities and I try to eat grass fed meat but in smaller quantities to make it more economical b/c it is more expensive.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I met with my Bible study again last night -- reading 'Made to Crave' by Lysa TerKeurst -- and we decided to make weekly goals for ourselves that the group will then help us to be accountable for from week to week.

The book has seven 'go to' scripts (+ applicable Bible verses), and the one that most struck me is the last one: 'I have these boundaries in place not for restriction but rather to define the parameters of my freedom.'

I have always failed before at healthy eating/lifestyle changes because I do feel restricted by not being able to eat the 'good' stuff. I am hoping that reframing it mentally will help me get past that. Bear with me here but I am imagining myself as a wild stallion (I know, I know -- but just listen!) that needs a fence around him because he doesn't understand the strength & power he possesses. He needs to be guided and trained first before he is let loose on the prairie. Being let loose before he is ready, before he has 'grown into' his power, will just wreak havoc on the beauty around him, and he won't understand why or how it happened. He is not being restricted from the good life but being prepared for the good life first.

I need the visualization to help me remember the point so my goal this week is to remind myself of this go-to script + that image whenever I am craving something unhealthy or otherwise on the cusp of making an unhealthy choice. I am also using my commute time taking my daughter back and forth to school to pray/meditate/reflect on the day & my long-term goals for myself.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Re-framing is a powerful tool LeeAndra - I decided last year that I can eat whatever I want but I am CHOOSING to not eat certain things. I just remember that I have the freedom to eat whatever I feel like but I'm consciously making a choice every time I put something into my mouth. I'm choosing to fuel my body with good foods (which I also happen to think taste really good too!) so I can live a great life.

I also refer to some foods in my head as poison - every time I want to eat something fried and oily I remind myself that it is poison to my arteries and I successfully make a better choice. I have other "poisons" too but oil is my #1 poison.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndra - I love your visualization of the "wild stallion" and may be stealing your thought process.

I know I can have what I want but I must make better choices. I have done so well (31 pounds since 12/28) but I really am feeling cramped with life and it is reflecting in my choices and the scale. I have still not chosen to eat chocolate/candy which is a plus for me but the scale not moving is starting to really impact my thoughts.

I know the weight was not put on overnight and I am in a journey but I wish the journey was to a beach instead of the mountains.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Hi, everyone. I started weight watchers this week. I have a lot of weight to lose. I have tried every diet out there: vegan, vegetarian, paleo, weight watchers, low carb. I always do well for a while but then 1 thing sets me back and I don't get back on the right path. Then I end up gaining all the weight I lost plus some. I am now at my highest weight ever and I can't keep going in this direction. For the last month or so my knees have been hurting and I'm sure it is from all of the weight. I am uncomfortable in my own skin.

I decided to try weight watchers again because on paleo there isn't a lot of measuring. In fact a lot of recipes don't show serving sizes or measurements. I know I was over eating. Portion control is one of my issues along with emotional eating. So, I decided to start weight watchers and start measuring my food. I am still trying to eat vegetables as my carbs but if throw some dairy, bread or potatoes in I'm okay with that as long as I work it into my points. I don't feel deprived. I think it is working well and tracking my food is making me aware of what I am eating. I am trying to make sure I make healthy choices so I can do more with my points. In fact, I lost 5.5 pounds this week! I am very happy with that.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not sure how I missed this! I need more support and accountability, LOL! I had my third baby last April, was at my highest weight ever and actually gained even more weight after I had my babe. It was so much harder for me to be active with three than it was with two. This last September my sister convinced me to start a Riot conditioning class (which is just a local crossfit type class) and it gave me just the boost I needed to get started. I lost 5 pounds and inches all over that first month and I've been working hard ever since. I joined a gym where they have fitness classes and daycare for my kiddos and I go every morning after I get my daughter off to school. I was down about 10 pounds by Christmas and then got stuck at the same weight for about a month. I think it's because my eating habits hadn't really changed. I started the FitGirl challenge and once I started eating their meal plans, the number on the scale started going down again. I'm now down a little over 20 pounds and I'd like to lose another 15. I'm taking my husband on a cruise in May to celebrate his med school graduation and is like to be down another 8 pounds by then. I LOVE to exercise but eating healthy is the hardest thing for me because of all the prep! I've totally quit buying junk because if it ends up in my shopping cart I WILL put it in my mouth when we get home. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to not eating it so not buying it has been the simplest best solution for me. You ladies sounds like you are doing awesome! I'm excited to have some more accountability! Make me reach my cruise goal, LOL!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Tracie - WW is a great tool to assist with weight loss. I also have been on every diet & fad pills there is. I understand the yoyo and emotional eating so welcome to our little world.

I am with you on alot of weight to loose (60 pounds to go - already lost 30). Keep trying and start with little steps (exercise) and you will get there.

Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerM View Post
Hi, everyone. I started weight watchers this week. I have a lot of weight to lose. I have tried every diet out there: vegan, vegetarian, paleo, weight watchers, low carb. I always do well for a while but then 1 thing sets me back and I don't get back on the right path. Then I end up gaining all the weight I lost plus some. I am now at my highest weight ever and I can't keep going in this direction. For the last month or so my knees have been hurting and I'm sure it is from all of the weight. I am uncomfortable in my own skin.

I decided to try weight watchers again because on paleo there isn't a lot of measuring. In fact a lot of recipes don't show serving sizes or measurements. I know I was over eating. Portion control is one of my issues along with emotional eating. So, I decided to start weight watchers and start measuring my food. I am still trying to eat vegetables as my carbs but if throw some dairy, bread or potatoes in I'm okay with that as long as I work it into my points. I don't feel deprived. I think it is working well and tracking my food is making me aware of what I am eating. I am trying to make sure I make healthy choices so I can do more with my points. In fact, I lost 5.5 pounds this week! I am very happy with that.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, Debbie!
Old 03-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm trying to remember that it is all about balance. Last night I was really craving pizza, so we had it. But today I will balance it out by drinking lots of water, green tea, whole grain toast with peanut butter and then for dinner a huge salad with lots of greens, shredded chicken and a dressing with a bit of ranch mixed with plain greek yogurt and a few drops of stevia.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Confession. I haven't been very good with the healthy eating the past 5 weeks and have gained 7lb

It means I am now 33 weeks pregnant and now 6.5lb lighter than pre pregnancy weight so still not bad going I suppose lol.

I keep meaning to be more healthy but it's the snacks that are killing me. I think I'm making up for being good for 28 weeks
Old 03-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Confession. I haven't been very good with the healthy eating the past 5 weeks and have gained 7lb

It means I am now 33 weeks pregnant and now 6.5lb lighter than pre pregnancy weight so still not bad going I suppose lol.

I keep meaning to be more healthy but it's the snacks that are killing me. I think I'm making up for being good for 28 weeks
you're pregnant!! it's ok to gain weight <3
Old 03-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Gemma - don't worry about the weight, eat healthy. Try to avoid the junk food and try making some smoothies, have fruit and dip, or bake your own tortilla strips with spices and coconut oil on them (I add parmesan spice to mine).

Here's my pin for a chocolate spread that is good if you are interested.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/153615037266360908/

This one is my fave.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/153615037264925765/
Old 03-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love to see everyone chiming in here!!

Still rocking and rolling over here. As of this week's weigh-in, I'm down 19.8 lbs... soooooooooo close to that 20 lb mark! I feel confident I'll hit it next week. I'm feeling good, not hungry, no junk cravings, and I'm actually enjoying our morning exercise.

And a little NSV (non-scale victory), I actually had 2 people comment at church that they noticed I was losing weight. I still don't see much of a difference in myself (though my husband says he does), so it was nice to know that other people are noticing.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerM View Post

Tracie, I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. I could've written your post word for word. I got to the point where I didn't want to even leave my house because I didn't want anyone to see me.

You've got this, girlfriend!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellahBean View Post
Not sure how I missed this! I need more support and accountability, LOL! I had my third baby last April, was at my highest weight ever and actually gained even more weight after I had my babe. It was so much harder for me to be active with three than it was with two. This last September my sister convinced me to start a Riot conditioning class (which is just a local crossfit type class) and it gave me just the boost I needed to get started. I lost 5 pounds and inches all over that first month and I've been working hard ever since. I joined a gym where they have fitness classes and daycare for my kiddos and I go every morning after I get my daughter off to school. I was down about 10 pounds by Christmas and then got stuck at the same weight for about a month. I think it's because my eating habits hadn't really changed. I started the FitGirl challenge and once I started eating their meal plans, the number on the scale started going down again. I'm now down a little over 20 pounds and I'd like to lose another 15. I'm taking my husband on a cruise in May to celebrate his med school graduation and is like to be down another 8 pounds by then. I LOVE to exercise but eating healthy is the hardest thing for me because of all the prep! I've totally quit buying junk because if it ends up in my shopping cart I WILL put it in my mouth when we get home. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to not eating it so not buying it has been the simplest best solution for me. You ladies sounds like you are doing awesome! I'm excited to have some more accountability! Make me reach my cruise goal, LOL!

Ooooh a cruise!! That's definitely motivation! I'm SO like you in that I can NOT buy junk or I will eat it. If it's in the house, I have no willpower. I *will* say that the junk cravings have gone away since I've been drinking Shakeology, so it's easier for me to resist. But still, since jeff & I are both doing this together, there's no sense in buying junk. Chloe certainly doesn't need it. And it saves money on the grocery bill. LOL
Old 03-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Tracie, I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. I could've written your post word for word. I got to the point where I didn't want to even leave my house because I didn't want anyone to see me.

You've got this, girlfriend!

Thanks Libby. Congrats on your achievements so far! You are doing awesome.

I get that...I find myself getting up really early on weekends to go to the store and to run other errands in hopes that a lot of people aren't up yet. I work full time so it isn't like I never leave the house but on weekends I find myself trying to avoid people.

I did have a little more pep in my step this weekend though because I am proud of my loss this week. That has also helped to keep me on track. I want to keep losing. I also have my lunch and breakfast for the week made and all of my food for tomorrow is ready to go. The heavy cooking for dinners is also done. I have no excuses this week.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was super proud of myself today as I found a great cafe/bakery for lunch- bought a chicken wrap and had honeydew melon which is a great step for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram