Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-02-2015, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default OLW 2016

FYI: The 411 on One Little Word

Did you have a OLW for 2015? What was it? Did you scrap it? Did you make any goals or resolutions for your OLW? Did you keep them? Did you feel like choosing your OLW influenced your life in any way over the past year?

Do you have a OLW for 2016? What is it? Why did you choose it? How are you going to keep it in the forefront of your mind?
Old 12-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My 2015 OLW was Flourish. I paid for Ali's class and did great, again, for the first 6 months. I haven't looked at the class notes for the past few months though. I have kept it on my mind though and had goals to flourish in different ways. I had a necklace made from The Shine Project and wear it daily. It's my favorite and it's really helped.

I told my husband a few nights ago that I felt like I didn't really "flourish" this year and he laughed at me! He then gave me several different instances where I did grow and become better so I love that he realized it and it made me realize that all of my goals might not have been reached but I did flourish in many other ways.

I'm still trying to decide for next year. I have some thoughts & goals but I haven't been able to nail down a OLW...or reach a "click point" with any word yet.

What about you??
Old 12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

for 2015 I picked Thrive. I was pretty excited a few years ago when we were moving to Washington, and at the end of 2014, none of us were thrilled to be moving to Missouri. So I wanted to not just deal with living here, but really make the best of it. -Hoping the girls would do well in their new school, make friends and start to get back on track after living in 3 states within a year. Hoping dh would do well and love his new job. Me get out of the house more, actually *meet* people irl I always kept the word in mind, and I think we really have made the best of being here so far. We don't love it here, not by a long shot, but it's not horrible. I did scrap the word a few times, and a couple los here and there with journaling about it.

I haven't really thought of a word for next year yet. I used thrive for all of us in our family, really, so not sure if I'll do one for just me, or another like that.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:04 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My OLW for 2015 has been Cheer. Anyone who follows me on FB knows that it has been a constant part of my year. And, boy did I need it. It's been a rough year for me personally, and having that as my word made a HUGE difference in what I've learned and how I've come out of this year.

For 2016, I'm thinking . . .

I was listening to a podcast recently with an artist who was talking about art as a physical/spiritual/emotional thing, and I just loved the way she talked about it. Like . . . life is art . . . not just the traditionally artistic/creative things . . . but everyday moments. She calls herself a "maker." And, I've been thinking about that word and its connotations. So, that's the direction I'm heading for my OLW for 2016. We'll see where it ends up.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Since I can't remember what my word was, I'm going to say it has been a fail.

I know my husband's was simplify and he has done quite well in his goals... so I'm not sure what I want to do for mine... nothing speaks to me. I just want to be content.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My word was Better for 2015. I think in many respects I have gotten better but there is always room to be even better which I think was a problem with that word. I was in a bad place in 2014 with some bad stuff happening (some of my own doing!) and I needed to get out of that head space. So I think did embody the word.

For 2016, my word is Intention. That word has been popping up in my life all over the place in the last few months. So I am hoping to live my life with a bit more intention and more intentionally decisions and choices. I am excited for 2016.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My 2015 OLW was forge & specifically the verb as opposed to an actual forge... but both ended up applying to my life.

I was able to FORGE through the hopeless situation we were in Indianapolis... FORGE through moving cross-country to a brand new place... FORGE through finding out the move was not what we had hoped for or intended... FORGE through moving cross-country a second time & the unexpected fallout the move had on a relationship (not my marriage) of mine... and now I am FORGING through restarting my life in my hometown which has been a dream of mine for the last 5 years. The whole year has really been a FORGE in which I have been reshaped into a bigger better stronger vessel.

The best thing I did was creating a Facebook cover page with my OLW on it so I saw it multiple times a day almost every day for the last year. It helped so much.

I knew what my 2016 OLW was going to be several months ago, actually. It's hard to describe, but sometimes I just see things in my head (like a vision but not all religious-y and weirdo-like) and that's what happened with this word. My word is going to be (em)BODY.

What I mean by that is I am going to embody my best self by focusing on my physical body (see what I did there?!) for the year. I have ignored my body & my looks for years & years and dismissed them as not important or shallow or vain, and while caring ONLY abt the physical body is not that great, caring abt the physical body as much as you care abt your soul, spirit, heart, mind, etc. is perfectly reasonable & logical. Because I am always all in, I have set for myself two 'impossible' goals: running a half marathon (I currently do absolutely NO physical exercise) & having a boudoir session (I hate photos of myself let alone photos of MY SELF). I have other smaller goals, too, like getting real 'grownup' makeup, eating more whole foods, etc.

I am excited to see how the year SHAPES (wokka wokka wokka!) up for me!
Old 12-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Because I am always all in, I have set for myself two 'impossible' goals: running a half marathon (I currently do absolutely NO physical exercise) & having a boudoir session (I hate photos of myself let alone photos of MY SELF).

I've secretly always wanted to do a boudoir session. I like the classy, clean, sexy ones...not the trashy ones. Good luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My 2015 word was OPEN. And honestly, I feel like I've accomplished many of my outlined goals, but it was a tough year and OPEN didn't really resonate with me...

For 2016 I'm going with CHOOSE. We're heading into a major life transition along with a physical move next year and I want to remember that I have a choice. I have a choice in how I view things, in how I spent my time and my money, in how I approach situations, etc.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never done an OWL, but it's something to consider because I can't come up with a goal for 2016. 2015 was to read 60 books and I'm nearly done. I don't want a 'resolution' because they're easy to fall away from and then I feel like I can't go back to it. I can always redirect myself back to a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post

I told my husband a few nights ago that I felt like I didn't really "flourish" this year and he laughed at me! He then gave me several different instances where I did grow and become better so I love that he realized it and it made me realize that all of my goals might not have been reached but I did flourish in many other ways.
THAT is a very sweet husband
Old 12-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My OLW for 2015 is Nurture. I did scrap it, mostly for my facebook cover photo which I always put my word on.

I have really focused this year on nurturing my family, my health, my spirit, my relationships, etc. It was a pretty successful year.

For 2016 my word is Joy.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Mine was Focus/Motivation and in some ways I stuck to it and others not! I focused on my debts and slowly working on getting that eliminated. Other areas I ignored.

I think my OLW for 2016 will be Blossom or Discover.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I kinda stopped doing it this last year. I don't know why. I enjoy them.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My word for 2015 was Organize and I did accomplish all the goals I set in that respect (organized house, closets, became better organized at work and also improved my organization with bills).

In 2016 I want to put the focus on me (that may appear selfish but for 30 years I have always put someone else before me). Not sure what word I want to use but my goals is to scrap more pages about me as well as become healthier (eating better & loosing weight).
Old 12-13-2015, 07:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

OMG - my teenager just came up to me and said our One Little Word for 2016 should be CONCERTS! I love that kid.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Yeap, definitely BLOSSOM for my OLW 2016!

Let's see how this turns out!

Old 01-01-2016, 03:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I tried one little word a few years ago, but I stopped using my word after a few weeks. I feel like I need to try again this year. Reduce is speaking to me. I need to reduce the amount of embellishment on scrapbook pages so I finish them more quickly, reduce the pressure I put on myself to do things perfectly, reduce the amount of time I spend on certain things (stopping when they're good enough instead of perfect), reduce my weight, and reduce the clutter in our house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never done this before, but I'm going to give it a try and I chose the word 'intention'. I really want to be more intentional about my choices this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
OMG - my teenager just came up to me and said our One Little Word for 2016 should be CONCERTS! I love that kid.
That. Is. Awesome.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am still trying to decide. Thinking about determination or motivation or persistence. I don't know, I want something that shows I am going to keep with my goals that are all about health. I want to get my running back to where it needs to be after an injury last year. I want to get my family back to a healthy clean eating menu, it's an adjustment now that I have to cook for an extra adult not used to eating my way. I want to get back to my lifting weights and attending fitness classes on top of my running. I want to meet my goals.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thinking Shine. I'm finally getting out of the shadows of my last pregnancy (she will be 2 this month...amazing baby, I've just been a shadow of myself) so I'm hoping that Shine will help me be me through the darkness that keeps trying to settle in. I'd also love to make my home shine, and my friendships shine, and my children shine, and my faith shine, my marriage shine, etc. I'm working on turning my spark back into a fire and letting it shine. And my goal is to be sure I'm shining before DH graduates with his Masters, because I know that shining through the hard times will make the easier times that much better.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am actually going to do this in 2016. My OLW will be lighten... it means so many things to me. Lighten up, stop taking everything so seriously and letting it weigh heavily on my heart. Lighten my load of 'stuff' I do that keeps me feeling over-stretched, too busy and stressed. Lighten my spirit with more time in the Bible. Lighten my body by getting back to eating right, exercising and feeling good again.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I made my OLW cover photo for Facebook today.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I don't usually do OLW but this year I am - mine is Strive. I feel as if I became too comfortable with normality last year. I really want to push myself out of my comfort zone this year and work hard towards some goals - both professionally and personally. This time next year both of my kids will be in school and it's time to start figuring out what I'm going to do then. I have a job in journalism which I know I can go further with, but I'm trying to figure out if that's what I really want to do. Either way, I'm not waiting for opportunity to come to me this year, I'm going out and finding even greater things instead.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Strive is an awesome word!!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2016, 11:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've not done OLW before though last year my main 'goal' was to 'move more' (i.e. be physically active - me and the kids). We did pretty well with that so this year its 'keep moving' but I'm also thinking of focusing more on being 'positive'... so I guess that would be my main word/goal for this year.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I am going to do OLW of Renew... i feel like 2016 is a fresh start... and so many good things happened in 2015, that i think a renewal of myself is needed.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I didn't have a OLW for 2015.

I think I've narrowed it down to 2...ok maybe 3...I thought I had it figured out but still can't decide on one.

Believe
Balance
Create
Old 01-02-2016, 01:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I am thinking my OLW will be active. I am not too sure yet it could possibly change lol

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥