Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Adobe Bridge... renamed folder and lost all my tags

and after some Googling it appears there is nothing I can do. WTH???

The only way my tags show up is if I go in and click on each file, after which they magically reappear.

I. Could. Puke.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry! I tried tagging in ACDSee (or whatever that program was) when it first came out. A few days in I did the same thing, and that was it for me and tagging. I hope someone here can help you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

omgosh I feel for you, I have tried in all the above,
hrs and hrs of taggin & poof gone
now Zoner photo studio 16 no better- I gave up
Old 02-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Oh boo! That sucks!
Sorry, I have no solutions... I don't do tagging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A quickish fix, would be to take the mother folder that's over the folders that lost their tags, and at the top where you can see the "address" of the folder, you can click on the arrow and then "Show Items From Subfolders", and then you can wait for them all to load (it can take a bit if there are a lot), and then select all.

An example would be: Desktop>This PC>C:>Scrap>SSD>beautiful things

Click on the arrow after SSD (or if you need all of your scrap then click on the arrow after scrap) and everything should show up (eventually...wait until it all loads or you won't get the whole picture).

There's also a way to backup your keywords (once you have them all again), and if it goes away you can reimport them. They are still on all of your files, but Bridge hasn't read them all to know that they exist. I think I did a restore point to get them, to before I'd moved those files. Or if you have a previous version of your keywords backed up then that works too.

Hopefully some of this handwavey info helps you. I can't find how I solved it when it happened to me, but it happened right after I started tagging, and now I have my backup.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
A quickish fix, would be to take the mother folder that's over the folders that lost their tags, and at the top where you can see the "address" of the folder, you can click on the arrow and then "Show Items From Subfolders", and then you can wait for them all to load (it can take a bit if there are a lot), and then select all.

Click on the arrow after SSD (or if you need all of your scrap then click on the arrow after scrap) and everything should show up (eventually...wait until it all loads or you won't get the whole picture).

There's also a way to backup your keywords (once you have them all again), and if it goes away you can reimport them. They are still on all of your files, but Bridge hasn't read them all to know that they exist. I think I did a restore point to get them, to before I'd moved those files. Or if you have a previous version of your keywords backed up then that works too.

Hopefully some of this handwavey info helps you. I can't find how I solved it when it happened to me, but it happened right after I started tagging, and now I have my backup.
Thank you for this tip. I never knew you could do that in Bridge (never occurred to me to click on the last arrow). It always bothered me that I had to click on every folder to see the contents.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, that is the worst, Val. I am so sorry!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post

I'll try that if it happens again. I was able to go into each folder and then do a ctrl+A to just select everything, and that reactivated the tags. NO idea why. It took awhile but at least they're all back.

Those of you that don't tag... how do you manage? I'd never find what I was looking for. If it's a new kit that I'm using I'll usually use it only on a page, other than that I use a whole hodge podge of different kit pieces.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would love to be a hodge podge scrapper the same way that I would love to be a size 6. We all know neither is going to really happen!

Seriously, though, 90% of my scrapping ATM is CT work so I am only "allowed" to work with one kit. Guess my brain is so used to working that way that it can't think any other way even when it has the chance.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2016, 12:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I'll try that if it happens again. I was able to go into each folder and then do a ctrl+A to just select everything, and that reactivated the tags. NO idea why. It took awhile but at least they're all back.

Those of you that don't tag... how do you manage? I'd never find what I was looking for. If it's a new kit that I'm using I'll usually use it only on a page, other than that I use a whole hodge podge of different kit pieces.
I am way too lazy of a scrapper to pull from multiple sources unless I'm looking for things from specific packs, like stitches (which I keep in a separate folder). I've always admired scrappers who can pull pages together from multiple sources! I'm also way too lazy to tag anything. On the rare occasion I do need to search for something, I rely on the designers' naming conventions of the elements.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah! I'm glad you found a workable way to get your tags back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I've been digiscrapping since 2004, so I started using a folder-based system for organizing before tagging was really a thing. I copy the kit preview into relevant folders, and if there are any elements I LOVE and could see myself using frequently I copy them into folders, too.

For example, a winter kit that had great flowers might have its preview in Seasonal and Flowers and Foliage. If the same kit had a wonderful kraft paper, I would copy it into a folder of favorite backgrounds. Then if I needed a certain style of flower, I'd look in my Flowers and Foliage folder and see my favorite 100 or so flowers plus previews for 20 kits that have amazing flowers. Even though I'm duplicating things and that takes extra space, most kits only get 2-3 files plus the kit preview copied into folders.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Yeah! I'm glad you found a workable way to get your tags back.

I've been digiscrapping since 2004, so I started using a folder-based system for organizing before tagging was really a thing. I copy the kit preview into relevant folders, and if there are any elements I LOVE and could see myself using frequently I copy them into folders, too.

For example, a winter kit that had great flowers might have its preview in Seasonal and Flowers and Foliage. If the same kit had a wonderful kraft paper, I would copy it into a folder of favorite backgrounds. Then if I needed a certain style of flower, I'd look in my Flowers and Foliage folder and see my favorite 100 or so flowers plus previews for 20 kits that have amazing flowers. Even though I'm duplicating things and that takes extra space, most kits only get 2-3 files plus the kit preview copied into folders.
That's actually a good idea too. I do make a copy of all kit previews and keep them all in a folder, so I can scan them to figure out a base kit for my page.

I just love organizing, anyway.