Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Another H1N1 Thread...

I haven't been taking this whole H1N1 thing too seriously...I mean, remember the drama surrounding Mad Cow, and then the Bird Flu (that big epidemic that umm...never became anything).

But my little girl is sick, sick, sick. Her dad took her to the hospital a few days ago and the doctors think it's H1N1. They did bloodwork and started her on treatment for it, but we won't know for sure for a few days if it really is.

I did a video chat with the kids last night and she came on for a few minutes, the poor sweetie looks like she's been hit by 3 trucks. I don't think I've ever seen her so sick.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my Bree.... how long ago did they do the bloodwork? that should come back fairly soon....i pray for your little one and Hope to heck she gets better soon...KEEP US POSTED!!!!

Proud to be creating for:

Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry Bree. That must be so scary for you. {{hugs}}

We're scared for the H1N1 here too. I'm still on the fence about vaccinations. We either get them and die of cancer at an early age or we don't get them and then we're sick with H1N1. How are you supposed to know what to do??

Keep us posted honey.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
Oh my Bree.... how long ago did they do the bloodwork? that should come back fairly soon....i pray for your little one and Hope to heck she gets better soon...KEEP US POSTED!!!!
It was on Friday after hours, it sounds like he took her to the ER. All he told me that night (via text) was that she has a virus and is on meds...when I talked to him quickly last night before talking to the kids I asked if it was H1N1 and he said the dr thought it probably was and it's what she's being treated for. I'm sure he'll keep me updated if he hears back about the bloodwork.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's running pretty bad here too both my kids had it I'm pretty sure I had it even tho I didn't get checked and I have 3 daycare kiddo's home sick with it right now, I've never seen so many people sick with the same thing before. I really hope your kiddo feels better soon luv, please make sure to keep her very hydrated and pay close attention to her breathing, my daycare kiddo yesterday was rasping so bad her mom had to take her to the er
Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Im sorry she's so sick!! I know how rough that is. Hope she recovers quickly. Keep us posted.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had a few friends whose children have had it. From what I understand, by the time you find out that it is H1N1, you're pretty much over it already. Around here, they're treating anyone who has any flu-like symptoms as if they have it. I hope she gets better very soon. I know you must be worried sick.

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 10-29-2009, 10:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Bree... {hugs} I hope she is gets well soon and that no one else catches it either. Thinking of you...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's seems that AH1N1 is the only active flu strand right now, so if your kids are sick with flu-like symptoms, chances are it's swine.

My older DS was sick last week, he missed 4 days of school. He had fever, muscle aches and head aches, as well as cough and runny nose, so I'm gathering there is a good chance it was swine flu. Since then, my two other boys were sick (my yougest one is still feverish today), I had fever and muscle aches as well as massive headaches and DH had fever and aches too.

I really hope your DD gets better soon!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I have had nausea, dizziness, massive headache, body aches, chills and I've had an on and off fever all week - but no respitory issues at all. No runny nose, no cough. My son (who has a supressed immune system and history of respitory illness) has had a very slight cough this week... we're watching him carefully for any changes but right now all we can do is stay away from people! It's hard to tell if we have the flu necessarily. I feel like we have something, but it's hard to say.
I hope all of you stay well, and healthy and your children too!!

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 10-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Natalie seems to be feeling almost 100% better, I talked to her last night and she looked like her old self. BUT, now I'm sick, lol...fever, body ache, chills, my head is swimming...it's NOT fun at all. Everyone I know here is sick with it, or has had it already.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

yeah its going around here in Massachusetts. And we have no vaccines, so even if you want to vaccinate you can't. However I talked to my pediatrician today and she said that the cases they have seen of it have been rather mild so far and actually not as bad as the typical flu. Meri has been coughing and a runny nose all this week. I'm pretty sure its a cold, but its really hard to tell with a toddler who can't fully express tehmselves yet...
Old 10-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, it's miserable -- I think we had it over the summer but we were not tested for it since the Dr. said they don't get the results back until too late to be useful. The 3 main things I remember were the dizziness (which I don't usually get when I'm sick), the fever which went on and on, and then at the very end when I thought I was feeling better -- a bad, bad cough. Good luck Bree!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think it's coming here too. We've been pretty lucky in our area, not a lot of people seem to have it yet, but it has arrived at the high school now, so I'm sure it won't be long before they get it in the primary school or daycare either.

They have started vaccinating this week, but only the high risk groups for now. Kaja is getting her shot at school in a couple of weeks, and I think I have to take my youngest to the health centre to do it, but they are only doing the high risk people at the moment.