Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Advice?

Ok I live in an apartment complaex. Most of the families here are single parent families. Actually mine is about the only one in this section where there are two parents. Well the kids around here act up a lot. Today I caught three kids kicking the air conditioner unit that goes to the laundry area. I asked them what they were doing and they said one girl accidently kicked it and it is fine. I was leaning out of my car when I asked. Well I waited a few seconds and watched them and they kept turning around looking at me like when is she gonna leave. Well when I got back the grate was coming off. So I called the landlord to tell him. The other day I caught these same kids coming out of the laundry room and they had sprayed water all over the floor. I am just tired of these kids making trouble. Now here is what I wm afraid of. They will know that I told. I am afraid now they will try to do something to me or my car. They have egged our vehicles before (can't 100% prove it but I have my ways of knowing). They have thrown stuff at our windows and doors before. Now that my hubby is gone (he became an over the road trucker) I consider myself more vulnerable. Any ideas of what I can do? I don't want to go out and have a flat someday or crap all over my van.

Ok sorry so long lol
Old 12-13-2008, 09:20 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

how old are they?
Old 12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
how old are they?
Thats what I was going to ask.

Talking to their parents is probably out of the question, right? Because the parents obviously don't give a crap if their kids are getting into trouble. Gotta love lazy parenting.

If it was me, and I"m a bit of a bitch, I would just be their worst nightmare. I know it sounds cruel, but intimidation might just work with these little punks (depending on their age, of course). Anytime they are near you, glare at them. If they're going anything REMOTELY wrong, chew 'em out. And let them know that you'll call the cops and the first hint of them doing something to your property.

But, like I said. I'm a bit of a bitch when it comes to bad kids.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I had a similar problem with some boys down the road. I went and talked to their mom and she felt really bad and told me that it would never happen again. They were disciplined and she brought them down to apologize. It never happened again and the boys were really respectful from then on out so maybe talking to the mom/dad (whichever they live with at your apartment complex) would help? If not Id tell the manager your concerns and see if the manager cant catch them doing something so it wouldnt look like it came from you

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcameronsmommy View Post
Thats what I was going to ask.

Talking to their parents is probably out of the question, right? Because the parents obviously don't give a crap if their kids are getting into trouble. Gotta love lazy parenting.

If it was me, and I"m a bit of a bitch, I would just be their worst nightmare. I know it sounds cruel, but intimidation might just work with these little punks (depending on their age, of course). Anytime they are near you, glare at them. If they're going anything REMOTELY wrong, chew 'em out. And let them know that you'll call the cops and the first hint of them doing something to your property.

But, like I said. I'm a bit of a bitch when it comes to bad kids.
I am exactly this same way. I make their lives a living hell where they want to behave!! If they didn't, I called the cops on their little juvie butts.

Now that we own our home, I have made it VERY clear to all the neighborhood hellions and visitors that I have a nice, well functioning, frequently cleaned and used Smith & Wesson and that my daddy taught me how to use it. LOL One night, I saw some kids out wreaking havoc in the neighborhood, and two of the kids said when they got to my house - "You better skip that one, the lady packs a gun and knows how to use it." LMAO

So, I put the fear of God in the kids around here and they don't mess with me.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmm, I grew up in a single parent family and my brother and I never acted like that. Sounds like the parent/s, whether single or not, should be keeping better track of their kids.

I hope you find a solution.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I am all for putting the fear of god in them....but then again, I am a middle school teacher

Old 12-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well we have talked to one of their mom's in the past. But her kids are innocent. Her ex is in prison and I know they will end up there someday if they don't straighten up. The kids are about 12. One of the trouble makers has an older brother who was giving us problems. We had a cop talk to him (the cop happened to be my brother in law) and things quieted down for awhile. But the oldest son who is about 14 now moved to his grandparents because the mom couldn't handle him. I witnessed him pushing his mom across the room and had to help break it up. Another of the kids involved happens to be my son's cousin on my ex's side. So in ways I would hate to be mean to her. People here just let their kids do whatever because they don't care or they are working so much the kids have to fend for themselves.I have been here for five years and really want to leave, mainly because of the kids. But we have tried to make financial goals and hopefully we are buying a house on 2009 so we can get out of here. I just don't want to rent somewhere else before we do buy. Thanks guys.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, I would call the cops on them. I work with juvies in the system here and sometimes that first time through the system is enough to scare them straight and if not, then they were going to get into trouble sooner or later. I don't have much sympathy for troublemaking youth because they often end up as troublemaking adults.