Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-31-2020, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Breech Babe Advice?

Hey ladies! I found out that my little man is still breech at 37 weeks! I've been trying to do a bunch of exercises to help him flip on his own, but I haven't had any luck. Do any of you have any tried and true techniques that you've used to flip your breech babe? Please share!! I'm truly worried about the possibility of a c-section, as I'll now have no family here to help, and my hubby is worried they'll pull his paternity leave because he's a physician and may be needed. It's the calm before the storm, but my brain is headed in the worst possible direction. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 03-31-2020, 02:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My first baby was breech and I tried chiropractic care, flipping in the pool underwater, laying upside down on an old door propped against the couch... you name it. She didn't budge and I had a C-section but she came on her own terms. I was pushing as they were giving me the epidural to get cut open. lol It was a good experience minus the recovery that was a bit harder. But in times like these where you can't have social gatherings... I'm sure it would be harder.

My second baby wasn't breech and I had a v-bac in hospital.
My third baby was also breech and I tried chiro, acupuncture and moxi stick (around the pinky toes). I was 35 weeks. My babies come early so I looked into the external cephalic version but I didn't want it done at a hospital so I found a midwife that does "gentle versions" at your house and monitors the baby. She was awesome! She flipped her so easily (that's what she said!) compared to others. I had made sure I drank tons of water so I could have tons of amniotic fluid to slosh her around and had a glass of wine to de-stress me. She flipped her on a Monday at 36 weeks. I was told to wear a rebozo (big scarf used in pregnancy) to avoid the chance of her flipping again. And there is also a chance to speed the arrival by doing the version. She came out at 36.6 weeks with a home birth. Super speedy labor again. So thankful I decided to do the version when I did.

Where are you located? Do you have midwives around that can do this? Call a bunch of places!

Where to find info on how to spin a baby.
https://spinningbabies.com/learn-mor...flip-a-breech/

Last edited by Leablahblah; 03-31-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had some advice. My first was breech. The doctor tried to turn her, but she must have been holding on (she's always been stubborn!!). She ended up being a c-section.

I hope your little guy is more cooperative and turns!!
Old 03-31-2020, 05:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

They did an external version for Elyse....my oldest. It was easy breezy and she flipped!!
Unfortunately her head was the size of Texas so I had to have a C-section anyway :P
Old 03-31-2020, 08:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have no words of wisdom, but will be whispering prayers as things progress!!!
Old 03-31-2020, 10:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine were both frank breech. It must be something in the way my uterus wash shaped. They didn't even bother to try and flip the first because scans showed her cord was in an awkward position. They just opted to do a c-section that day. It was 3 weeks early but no sooner than I got to the hospital my water started leaking so it all worked out. Second was a c-section as well. His was planned, but I am glad we went with it because he was frank breech with a true knot in the cord and the cord wrapped around his neck twice.

Best of luck! I hope your little one does a dance and gets flipped around! I will say that I was terrified of a c-section but mine were a breeze. I had super easy recoveries. With my first our hospital was at capacity (she was part of that post 9/11 baby boom) and the doctor asked if I felt like being released early. She wasn't yet 36 hours old. I was happy to go and the next day I was walking around a mall while when we went to pick up a changing table. I couldn't bend over (thus needing the changing table) but the rest was easy peasy.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My son was breech & I tried everything to flip him: inversions, moxibustion, frozen peas, swimming/flips in the pool, giving up sitting on the couch, ECV, prayer, hypnobirth script; nothing worked. I scheduled a c-section & I thought it would be the worst thing ever, but in the end, only the baby mattered, not how he got there. And his head was huge... 5th percentile for length & weight, 95th for head, lol. My midwife leaned in as they pulled him out (had to make the incision bigger as his head was stuck) and whispered, "I'm quite glad we didn't go for the home birth " So... while I thought his position was a horrible thing, it may have been quite a blessing in disguise.
He is STILL the most stubborn creature I've ever encountered.
I spent so much time worrying about him being breech that I didn't realize--until my 2nd non-breech baby was full term--how pleasant it was to have a baby whose head was not pressing down.

Best of luck to you!! I hope your baby will flip! Either way, hope all goes well & smoothly for you!
Old 04-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
They did an external version for Elyse....my oldest. It was easy breezy and she flipped!!
Unfortunately her head was the size of Texas so I had to have a C-section anyway :P
I'm glad to hear it was easy!! I had a version with my 3rd on my induction day after he flipped at some point between my 38 week check and then, and it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, but after thinking about it this past week, I'm realizing they didn't use any jelly on my belly. It literally felt like they were ripping the flesh from my body as they turned him! I'm hoping if they need to, that it's doable and easy!! And my kids have big heads, like 90+%ile, and I haven't had a problem yet... Here's to hoping!
Old 04-01-2020, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
My first baby was breech and I tried chiropractic care, flipping in the pool underwater, laying upside down on an old door propped against the couch... you name it. She didn't budge and I had a C-section but she came on her own terms. I was pushing as they were giving me the epidural to get cut open. lol It was a good experience minus the recovery that was a bit harder. But in times like these where you can't have social gatherings... I'm sure it would be harder.

My second baby wasn't breech and I had a v-bac in hospital.
My third baby was also breech and I tried chiro, acupuncture and moxi stick (around the pinky toes). I was 35 weeks. My babies come early so I looked into the external cephalic version but I didn't want it done at a hospital so I found a midwife that does "gentle versions" at your house and monitors the baby. She was awesome! She flipped her so easily (that's what she said!) compared to others. I had made sure I drank tons of water so I could have tons of amniotic fluid to slosh her around and had a glass of wine to de-stress me. She flipped her on a Monday at 36 weeks. I was told to wear a rebozo (big scarf used in pregnancy) to avoid the chance of her flipping again. And there is also a chance to speed the arrival by doing the version. She came out at 36.6 weeks with a home birth. Super speedy labor again. So thankful I decided to do the version when I did.

Where are you located? Do you have midwives around that can do this? Call a bunch of places!

Where to find info on how to spin a baby.
https://spinningbabies.com/learn-mor...flip-a-breech/
Lea! Drink tons of water!!! That's such a simple thing, but something that I'm terrible at! Thank you for the reminder!! We are currently in the middle of a stay at home order, and three of my four birthing experiences have come with emergent needs for me or baby, so I don't think I would even dare have a midwife do something here at home.

That website has lots of great info that I haven't seen yet. Thank you so much for taking the time to share!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Mine were both frank breech. It must be something in the way my uterus wash shaped. They didn't even bother to try and flip the first because scans showed her cord was in an awkward position. They just opted to do a c-section that day. It was 3 weeks early but no sooner than I got to the hospital my water started leaking so it all worked out. Second was a c-section as well. His was planned, but I am glad we went with it because he was frank breech with a true knot in the cord and the cord wrapped around his neck twice.

Best of luck! I hope your little one does a dance and gets flipped around! I will say that I was terrified of a c-section but mine were a breeze. I had super easy recoveries. With my first our hospital was at capacity (she was part of that post 9/11 baby boom) and the doctor asked if I felt like being released early. She wasn't yet 36 hours old. I was happy to go and the next day I was walking around a mall while when we went to pick up a changing table. I couldn't bend over (thus needing the changing table) but the rest was easy peasy.
Glad to hear the recovery wasn't terrible. That's my biggest concern with already have 4 babes at home. My two oldest are fabulous helpers, but my 2 1/2 year old, can be quite the stinker! I'm already terrified about how she's going to treat her little brother, haha.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
My son was breech & I tried everything to flip him: inversions, moxibustion, frozen peas, swimming/flips in the pool, giving up sitting on the couch, ECV, prayer, hypnobirth script; nothing worked. I scheduled a c-section & I thought it would be the worst thing ever, but in the end, only the baby mattered, not how he got there. And his head was huge... 5th percentile for length & weight, 95th for head, lol. My midwife leaned in as they pulled him out (had to make the incision bigger as his head was stuck) and whispered, "I'm quite glad we didn't go for the home birth " So... while I thought his position was a horrible thing, it may have been quite a blessing in disguise.
He is STILL the most stubborn creature I've ever encountered.
I spent so much time worrying about him being breech that I didn't realize--until my 2nd non-breech baby was full term--how pleasant it was to have a baby whose head was not pressing down.

Best of luck to you!! I hope your baby will flip! Either way, hope all goes well & smoothly for you!
Thank you!!!
Old 04-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellahBean View Post
I'm glad to hear it was easy!! I had a version with my 3rd on my induction day after he flipped at some point between my 38 week check and then, and it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, but after thinking about it this past week, I'm realizing they didn't use any jelly on my belly. It literally felt like they were ripping the flesh from my body as they turned him! I'm hoping if they need to, that it's doable and easy!! And my kids have big heads, like 90+%ile, and I haven't had a problem yet... Here's to hoping!
It's insane that they didn't use any jelly or oil on your belly! Ouch!!

Good luck to you! I hope whatever you decide to do that it will be ok.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any experience with breech babies, but I have had one natural delivery and one C-section, and have to say my recovery after the c-section was MUCH easier than the natural delivery by far.

Can the ladies at church help out after baby is born? Is there a single young adult or sister who would be willing to help you out for the first week or two?
Old 04-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I don't have any experience with breech babies, but I have had one natural delivery and one C-section, and have to say my recovery after the c-section was MUCH easier than the natural delivery by far.

Can the ladies at church help out after baby is born? Is there a single young adult or sister who would be willing to help you out for the first week or two?
Our stake presidency consists of a pulmonary/critical care doc here at Cleveland Clinic and they have been sending updates often asking people to stay home. No visits, even for ministering purposes or sacrament for single sisters.. they’ve been incredible proactive. Our governor has ordered a stay at home lockdown that has been enforced for 2 weeks now and they’re being sure to follow suit. It’s a crazy time! I’m not sure I would want someone else in my house anyway. Especially with my husband at the hospital. I never know if he’s been exposed and wouldn’t want to risk anyone else. We’ve been incredibly cautious and proactive with our family, but it’s still really scary.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
Oh my goodness! This made me laugh, Kjersti!!
Old 04-02-2020, 04:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No advice from me but hopefully baby will behave and flip before labor starts ♥
Old 04-02-2020, 06:35 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Praying that your baby boy will squirm to the right position soon, Janelle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 02:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had some advice to offer, but none of mine were as they turned whenever they were supposed to turn. You do however have my prayers as you go through these next couple of weeks! Please make sure you come back and tell us when you've had him
Old 04-05-2020, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Praying your baby turns around naturally and for easy, healthy delivery!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 01:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Any updates, Janelle?
Old 04-05-2020, 04:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any advice for you, Janelle, but I'm praying that your baby will turn in the last minute. Have a safe delivery!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

No advise .... but lots of prayers for a safe delivery and healthy babe!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 04-07-2020, 09:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Although my one and only child was not breech, I did have to have a C-section, and, thankfully, I had no issues. I hope you have a smooth and safe delivery!! Sending some prayers your way!