Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2015, 07:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Summer Plans?

Share with us so we can live vicariously through you! Do you have any fun summer plans coming up? vacations or holidays?

For us.. 99% sure lily will be going up to visit my sister again and take part in a week long anime drawing camp. I'm also really hoping that my husband and I can get away for a couple days by ourselves this summer and do glacier national park/going the sun road in montana. We only live a few hours away and have never been!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

uhm...moving cross country???
Old 05-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DH is going to be gone for half of June. We're not planning on doing anything then. My best friend comes into town soon though and I"m super excited about that! We're going to be meeting DH's brother at their dad's grave in Idaho sometimes around the 4th of July (while the military has block leave since DH and his brother are both military) and then we're spending Jamesen's birthday at the Great Wolf Lodge. DH will be gone all of August, and again, we won't be doing anything. I'm going to be buying a pool and we will be spending the summer in it!

Old 05-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Not much, work is crazy right now and I might not be able to get much time off at all. We didn't have much planned anyway. Might go camping a couple of days, but mostly hang out at home and work. Boyfriend is gone most of this summer for work, too. Not gonna be a great summer, but we will spend as much time as possible at the pool and make the best of it.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not much here either. Lots of camping, LOL!

We're going away to Sean's parents vacation home over 4th of July, but it's only 4 hours away, it's a cottage in the woods.

Then Cooper has cub scout cabin in July as well, Keira has girl scout camp in August and we're going camping sometime in August too as a family. June we have some family get togethers. It's going to be a busy summer, but nothing really awesome!
Old 05-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jaime is taking the girls to New Orleans again this summer so they will be gone all of June. I have to work, so I'm going to fly down to hang out with them for 5 days. That's about it on the fun stuff planned.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My sister and I will be going to the Stargate convention in Chicago in August again this year. A good friend of ours who lives in Australia is also going to be visiting. We'll spend Labor Day weekend with her and her family here in Massachusetts and then a couple of days later we'll be joining them for a week in Disney.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have lots of travel planned. Flying to Boston then St. Louis, family in Seattle, old friends in Monterey on the California Coast, camping. We have 5 different baseball parks in major cities we'll visit. Going to be awesome! I think we'll be worn out by the time summer is over!!!!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband is having surgery next week.

The last two weeks of June we are driving to PA to visit family.

Beyond that, no real plans. I hope to do a LOT of cleaning, organizing and purging around here while I'm off work for 3 months.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We're doing our 4th annual Summer of Fun...

Old 05-29-2015, 12:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing that exciting. There's a week in August that we rent a house in the Poconos with my family, so that's our vacation. Each of the kids is signed up for a month of day camp or other activities, but most weeks I'll have at least one of the kids with me all day. DH has already warned me that he's going to be swamped at work all summer. The thing I'm most looking forward to is that I finish work for the summer a week before the kids get out of school. I'm planning to do a ton of scrapping and reading and as little housework as possible!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We'll be moving cross-country halfway through the summer, so we'll be spending the first half packing, making sure we complete our Indiana summer bucket list e.g. summer reading program at the library, u-pick strawberries, splash pad, etc., spending a week in my hometown in late June/early July, and meeting up with other local friends. Funny how when you tell people you are moving 1100 miles away they come out of the woodwork to see you 'one last time!'

I am way psyched that I have plans to meet up with Lena of BGD + her kids as well as Crystal, Laura W., and Amber of ALD + their kids before we hit the road.

Once we get to WY, we'll be busy finding a house to rent, finding me a job, unpacking, enrolling DD in school and DS in childcare, and planning DD's 6th bday party (cowgirl & cowboy-themed, of course). After spending 6-8 weeks as a single mom, I already told DH that I will be driving down to spend a couple days with my cousin (who is also a digital scrapper!) while he does Single Dad Duty. Hopefully, we can get our matching tats (my first one!) then. There's also a Critter Camp at the local humane society that I hope we can get DD into as well as get her signed up to cheer with the YMCA.

I am so psyched to finally have a fun summer after 3-4 back-to-back summers of suck and boring!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We've just sold our appartment, so now we have to get everything ready for our move in August/September. But before that, we're going to France and my littlest one is having her first beach trip ever. So excited! And spending some time at the cabin, boating and relaxing by the shore.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:13 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Moving apartment, 5 days trip to Jeju (South Korea) third week of July and then 20 days in Bali for my brother's wedding (and a bit more of holiday, of course! )
Old 05-29-2015, 05:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

umm honestly relaxing - I finish uni on the 15th or 17th of June (depending on when I get my last assignment in), work experience goes until the end of June then I'll be catching up with friends and scrapping til I go back to uni in mid July

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-29-2015, 05:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Work, work, and then work some more LOL - but such is life. Cheyanne is done school on June 12th and then starts summer basketball and physical training on June 29th, which goes through July 31st, Monday through Thursday). While I'm working she will be at the track from 9:30-11:30 am doing endurance training/jumping, etc. and then over to the school gym for basketball practice until 2:30 pm (with an hour break for lunch in between). Then she has 2 games every Tuesday and Thursday night - she absolutely loves it (she's a bit crazy if you ask me! )

Sundays are our one day "off" together (I work Saturdays) so we'll be doing our usual day trips to Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor and to Old Orchard Beach (awesome beach and pier with carnival, etc.) There's also one other state park/beach that we love going to so hopefully we'll get there a few times.

This summer I am taking a whole week (actually 9 days) off and we're going to our home at the lake in the mountains and crashing for the week. Cheyanne's bringing 2 friends to hang out with so I can hang out with my friends who live up there - I miss living there year round and can't wait to spend a week there!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We are doing our annual family beach trip the week of July 4, and beyond that, don't have any big, concrete plans. I want to go down to Hilton Head for a weekend and also take my daughter to Carowinds (amusement park in Charlotte). She will have cheer practice all this summer, so we can't get too crazy. I DID just get my summer work schedule approved, so I'm pretty excited about that. I'll be working Tues-Thurs and am looking forward to spending some time with my girl. I envision lots of pool days in our future over the next couple months.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Farming! Lots and lots of farming! lol.

I also have three weddings booked and several sessions. June is going to be full of work between my sessions, weddings, and wheat harvest.

We really have fun winters- not summers. I will live vicariously through of all of you.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a week of fun schedule at the end of June...I know we'll be spending a few days at a resort we always go to in Reno that caters to kids...I have to figure out what we'll be doing the other days. My sister's birthday is in August and she wants to go to Tennesse (at least this week) to hang out. Other than that I'll try to keep my little guy busy with stuff around our area.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

MAUI BABY!!!!

22 days....21 hours...19 minutes....29 seconds til takoff

Old 05-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I bought the children and myself season passes to Dorney Park (sister amusement park to Cederpoint). I plan on going there as often as possible, if not every day minus Sunday, having the older girls ride the rides while the little man and myself hang out at the kiddie splash park.

We have four weeks of camp--the entire month of July is either a week long-overnight camp or a week long-daily drama camp locally.

Outside of the usual, I am still trying to find the time, when we can leave for at least two weeks, possibly three, to head to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba where my husband is currently stationed. We are allowed to stay down there for 16 days, but I need to give myself a week of travel. Right now, I'm looking at the first week of August, but I need to buckle down and work on my Space A flights, otherwise, we can't afford to make that trip and won't get to see my husband until he comes home next year. Really hoping I can make this happen and make it the highlight of the summer for all the children!
Old 05-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
MAUI BABY!!!!

22 days....21 hours...19 minutes....29 seconds til takoff
not that you are counting down or anything

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
We have lots of travel planned. Flying to Boston then St. Louis, family in Seattle, old friends in Monterey on the California Coast, camping. We have 5 different baseball parks in major cities we'll visit. Going to be awesome! I think we'll be worn out by the time summer is over!!!!
Which parks are you going to? I got to go to Chase Field last year and see my Braves play the Diamondbacks..hoping to see them play the Rockies in Coors Field in July but not positive yet....Seeing them in Turner Field next weekend first

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-29-2015, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
not that you are counting down or anything
Yeah...no

Did you know there's an app for that?

22 days....15 hours....29 minutes....52 seconds

Old 05-30-2015, 04:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Which parks are you going to? I got to go to Chase Field last year and see my Braves play the Diamondbacks..hoping to see them play the Rockies in Coors Field in July but not positive yet....Seeing them in Turner Field next weekend first
We're actually heading to Chase this week to watch the Braves play the Dbacks... Love me some baseball!!!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_A View Post
Jaime is taking the girls to New Orleans again this summer so they will be gone all of June. I have to work, so I'm going to fly down to hang out with them for 5 days. That's about it on the fun stuff planned.
You have a month to yourself???? I spent a only a few days with John and Eden gone and I loved it because I had no responsibilities because the boys just came and went as they wished.

I mean, umm, I missed them dreadfully?

Old 05-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww... I love reading everyone's plans! I wish I could *like* them like Facebook.

I went to a wavepool a couple times last year that I hadn't been to since I was in high school and it was awesome! Didn't realize I had been missing out. So I want to spend some time there for sure. Dh and I left the kids at home one day (because they always argue and find something to whine about and ruin everything) and drove up there and just laid out in the sun. So that is definitely on my list.

I was thinking yesterday of writing a kind of bucket list, which I've never done.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
We're actually heading to Chase this week to watch the Braves play the Dbacks... Love me some baseball!!!
I woulda loved to go again I loved that stadium I hope you have a good time.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Lots of little meetups planned! Like LA mentioned, I'll be meeting up with her, Crystal Livesay and Amber LaBau. I plan on hooking up with my little friend Amber Shaw at some point...
Ummm, I'll be visiting Tara Swinford (taracotta) down in Oklahoma for a week, AND meeting up with Libster and little Chloe....
LOTS of trips to our rec club for swimming and beaching it up...
deck parties

I think that's it. Hubby works ridiculous hours so I try to plan lots of little things here and there for me and the girls.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
First a minor league game in Sacramento (River Cats). Then for Major League we are going to see the Red Sox in Fenway Park!!! Two Cardinals games in St. Louis with my DH's uncle who is a season ticket holder. And then the Mariners in Seattle at the end of July. My DH is also hoping to make it out to San Francisco to see the Giants before the end of the summer!

Going to be lots of fun!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
Lots of little meetups planned! Like LA mentioned, I'll be meeting up with her, Crystal Livesay and Amber LaBau. I plan on hooking up with my little friend Amber Shaw at some point...
Ummm, I'll be visiting Tara Swinford (taracotta) down in Oklahoma for a week, AND meeting up with Libster and little Chloe....
LOTS of trips to our rec club for swimming and beaching it up...
deck parties

I think that's it. Hubby works ridiculous hours so I try to plan lots of little things here and there for me and the girls.
Laura! I'm jealous that you get to meet so many digi friends!!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
First a minor league game in Sacramento (River Cats). Then for Major League we are going to see the Red Sox in Fenway Park!!! Two Cardinals games in St. Louis with my DH's uncle who is a season ticket holder. And then the Mariners in Seattle at the end of July. My DH is also hoping to make it out to San Francisco to see the Giants before the end of the summer!

Going to be lots of fun!
fun!!

gl with the giants..they were saying last night that it's the hardest baseball ticket to get. They have 353 consecutive sell outs as of tonight (My braves are playing there now)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Going to be lots of fun!
Awww, I love Fenway! We haven't been down for a game in a couple years though. Cheyanne and I were just talking about maybe getting down this summer/fall but we'll see if we have time. Sounds like a great summer of ball you have planned!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Probably just some camping when we can and most of the summer I will be taking care of my MIL as she is having knee replacement surgery and they have moved in temporarily so I can take care of her when she does. Hubby and I will be heading on a cruise to Jamaica and the Grand Caymans in September though as a reward. LOL!!
Old 05-31-2015, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd love to relax a little... we're not in the summer here but well we are always in the summer in Brazil lol and so if everything goes well we're going to the beach on June 21 for almost a week and then going to visit hubby's family with our 3 dogs! It's always fun and relaxing! It's been a long since we went to the beach... Can't wait! Woot!

Enviado de meu GT-I9192 usando Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2015, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
fun!!

gl with the giants..they were saying last night that it's the hardest baseball ticket to get. They have 353 consecutive sell outs as of tonight (My braves are playing there now)
Awesome!!! Might be good though...I think they are going to need a rest in there somewhere!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Awesome!!! Might be good though...I think they are going to need a rest in there somewhere!
sellout 354 straight today just announced it haha

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Laura! I'm jealous that you get to meet so many digi friends!!
Tara's my definite every summer. This summer just has a lot more digi friends packed in