Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Diet Time

Tomorrow I start a new diet. Basically I mostly eat packets of dried "food" that I add water to and I am supposed to pretend it's really delicious stuff like soups and chilis. Sigh. It's a necessary evil though, I need to lose for many reasons. And this one is a medically approved plan my medical center has. It just isn't fun. Why I can't I eat crap food and be skinny? Life isn't fair.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! ... and if it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure there are very few people who can eat crap food and be skinny! (heck most of us can't even eat healthy food and be skinny, lol )
Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck!

I am on a diet (I call it an eating plan, feels better that way!). I gave up sugar and carbs. I am eating lean protein, green veggies (mostly) and some fresh fruits. I lost 11.2 pounds this past week. I can't wait to see the numbers on the scale go even lower. I KNOW I lose weight when I eat clean and healthy like this... it is just so hard. Thank heavens for mushrooms. I love mushrooms and I can have as many as I want so I eat plenty!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

lol...truth, Sheri. I actually eat mostly health food, but it's not the right combo apparently. (though the last two weeks knowing I would be starting the diet, I have eaten absolute garbage food. probably not my best idea)

Yes, Sherri, mushrooms are delicious.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

hmm speaking of diets. Has anyone done "IIFYM" it fits your macros? It sounds like it is a little confusing and tons of counting but from the sounds of it you're allowed way more calories on a whole than most other calorie counting diets..
Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

No, Kristin, but when I googled it, all I got was massive bodybuilder links and pictures. lol
Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yea there does seem to be quite a lot of strength training and craziness as well. I wonder if there is a balance for some of those who don't want to be arnold.. haha
Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking into IIFYM. a friend of mine swears by it. Yes, she is a weighlifter, but she started it before she got into weights and looked AMAZING even then.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The best "diet" DH and I ever did was moving our carbs. We weren't allowed to eat carbs after lunch, except for the weekends, and we both lost 5 lbs in a month and we were even lazy about exercise that month. Then I got pregnant and could only eat carbs. Lol!

Now we maintain by adding more fruits and veggies to our diet. We have to take a second helping if veggies or salad before we take seconds on the main dish, and we often don't need those seconds. DH's dr. Is worried about his weight, but he can do pull-ups and just ran a half-marathon, so most of it is muscle. I'm on the weight-gain plan right now (pregnancy), do I can't compare. at least I love veggies this time around.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I rejoined WW for the umpteenth time I know it works and after seeing pictures of myself in the Bahamas from a few weeks ago I really need to stick to it...The only thing is I really don't have time to exercise...how do you fit it in when you have work and kids
Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have no time for the workout (or so I thought). One day, I got groupon for CrossFit and only time that would work for me was 7AM, before going to work. I'm not a morning person, so, having to wake up at 5 to be there by 7 took total willpower for me to sign up for it. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way. I look forward to go there.

As far as the weight loss goes, after going for CrossFit for 3 months already, I haven't lost a single pound! I don't understand it. But maybe my body is just converting my fat into muscles? Good thing my goal wasn't the weight loss when I went in. I want to get the body toned and build up the stamina, which I have seen HUGE improvement already!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ripal, I know for me, I don't lose any weight from just exercising. I do however, lose inches, but I need to both exercise and diet for me to lose anything.

Rachelle, I am glad weight watchers works for you. It stopped working for me after they changed to points plus.

Thanks, everyone! I am hoping this works. My plan is to run a half-marathon next year and I cannot run 13 miles at this weight. I would hurt myself, so I need to get it off to reach my goal. Plus I would be healthier and be able to buy cuter clothes. It's worth it.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
lol...truth, Sheri. I actually eat mostly health food, but it's not the right combo apparently. (though the last two weeks knowing I would be starting the diet, I have eaten absolute garbage food. probably not my best idea)

Yes, Sherri, mushrooms are delicious.
I try to always eat healthy (besides the occasional splurge) but I think I've finally found the right combination for me. I love carbs but they make me bloat and gain as does starchy veggies. Bummer.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started a "diet" on 10/1...last Tuesday. Basically all I'm doing is cutting way back on portion sizes, carbs and sugar. Not cutting them out completely, just cutting way down. I weighed in today...lost 6 lbs...woot!!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started watching what I am eating again after a gadzillion months. Definitely more veggies and fruits. My downfall is junk food *sigh*, all eaten between meals. I also know I need to get more exercise--I had a really bad bout of flu two weeks ago that just drove home the point that I need to take better care of myself.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good luck, Mari!!
I am horrible with counting calories and following that IFFYM. I honestly just eat cleaner and exercise. It has really helped me.
I eat more chicken breast, salmon, tilapia, shrimp. I try to stay away from the red meat it gives me stomach problems now I try to combine the above with brown rice and quinoa but not everyday.
I also have lots of vegetables and green smoothies. I have cut down on bread and pasta, I won't deprive my kids though but I did change it to whole wheat everything. They don't seem to mind.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_A View Post
I started a "diet" on 10/1...last Tuesday. Basically all I'm doing is cutting way back on portion sizes, carbs and sugar. Not cutting them out completely, just cutting way down. I weighed in today...lost 6 lbs...woot!!
That's pretty much what I'm doing though I did cut out sugar entirely and most carbs. I started on the 30th and I'm down 12 pounds as of today. I tend to drop weight fast the first week or so. I also tend to gain it fast if I'm not careful though.