Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default The Walking Dead 11/4 SPOILERS!

Oh my gosh! Was that episode crazy or what?

I've never been a Lorie fan but I was bawling during that entire scene. And then when Rick saw Carl and realized what he'd had to do. I think even my DH nearly teared up on that one.

Now how are they going to feed that baby???

Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I agree. I did not see that coming! Wasn't a big fan of her but man that was tearful to watch. In the preview Hershal tells them that they need formula and it looked like Maggie & a guy ( I can't spell his name) went to go get some.

But it looks like they are just down to Maggie and her sister for the only women now. So who's going to become mom?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think Carol is dead. She'll turn up next week I'm sure.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope so Nikki but it did look like her shirt that they found on the ground. I am loving the show this season!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Not a huge Fan of Lorie so I was kinda happy they got rid of her character. I was a bit shocked by Rick's reaction to it though as they have had such a strained relationship, I didn't think he would take it like he did. Or maybe he is just upset that his kid had to kill his own Mother. As for the baby we don't even know if it's a boy or a girl or if it's "normal." I did feel bad that T-dog was taken out, he didn't have much of a role but it was nice having him around. Wheres Carol!?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That episode was intense! I hated Lori, but did not see that coming at all. I also wondered how they would feed the baby now. Formula has to be hard to find. T-Dog, I kept expecting him to die during the last episode of Season 2, but was shocked he went this time. I think Carol will be fine. It was her head scarf they found, not her shirt.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Seriously? It's not as if they didn't know a baby was coming. Wouldn't they pick up some diapers, formula, baby wipes, clothes as they were scrounging around the countryside? Even if the plan was for her to breastfeed, having formula around wouldn't be a bad idea. Formula powder has a fairly long shelf life (and there's always ensure, etc. that could be used in a pinch). Surely they could have found some at a Walmart, convenience store, drug store, grocery store, baby store.... something along the way. I just find it unbelievable that they hadn't picked up some basic baby stuff in the last 8 months.

As for Lori... I never once thought she was going to survive birth. They mentioned a few weeks ago that she had a c-section with Carl. Now she's older, and stressed, and their only doctor is a vet. Even before Hershel got his leg chopped, I didn't think there was any way she was going to survive childbirth. When she went into labor last night, I knew she was dead. I was sort of hoping for a zombie baby, but I guess a real baby is more interesting.

Poor Carl. Is there any hope for him? Rick, Darryl, etc. are a product of circumstances, but they had a life and morals and values before the ZA. Carl is being raised this way. Poor kid.

Wonder if the prison group is going to end up in Woodbury to be able to take care of that baby? I bet they have baby stuff in Woodbury... or know where to get it.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Wellll....the whole Lorie thing- I feel bad about it even though it's a show, but I am glad she is gone. She was getting on my nerves every episode since she found her husband (LOL!!) - can't deal with all her lies. The other thought in my head was "HOW are they going to feed a baby??" That just makes no sense to me. What kind of formula are they going to find that has not already expired? This is at least 9-10 months down the road from when they left the farm.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I just finished watching. OMGee, that was so intense and sad. T-dog went out like I thought he would, protecting someone else. Personally I always liked him, seems like he still had a moral compass and compassion. I was not a big fan or Lori's (Why are you all spelling it Lorie by the way?? ) but that entire scene had me crying. And Rick's reaction was not unexpected by me. Even if they were on the outs, that was his wife, his responsibility and their child that had to put her down. If he hadn't fallen on the ground weeping, I would not have respected him one bit. Now I am wondering where Carol is and hoping she is still alive and like the rest of you, I also wanna know how they are gonna feed that baby? Is it a boy or girl? Did anyone say? I was kinda waiting for an an alien to burst out of her.

Oh and I still can't stand Andrea and if her head ends up in a fish tank it will be her own stupid fault. She makes me gag.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pretty sure the baby is a girl. I think in the preview for next week when Hershel is talking about getting formula, he called the baby a her.

Powdered formula is usually good for at least a year unopened.... getting sterilized water might be difficult but they could probably do without it in a pinch. I think they could probably find some unexpired still on the shelf. The premixed stuff might be expired but even then, I wonder if they couldn't find something close to the expiration date. At this point, it's been about 10 months since the ZA started. There's probably still some unexpired formula out there.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I feel guilty now.

If she'd just died because of a walker, I wouldn't. But now I do
Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Aw Darcy, she was wasting away to nothing but skin and bones anyway, so I am kinda glad we don't have to watch her starve anymore. The actress who played her is probably ready for a burger and fries. lol
Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Next week will be an interesting one, thats for sure!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm kind of wondering if they will run into the Woodbury crew, where they may find a woman who's recently had a baby to nurse this one...
I also wonder why the heck they weren't stock piling some baby supplies, at least some diapers as they went along the way! lol

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I finally watched this episode last night! Crazy for sure!!! I was crying like crazy to see Lori go like that. And it actually made me have a tinge of affection for Carl... which I never thought would happen because his character annoys me.

I also had the weirdest dream last night that I was living in a village back in the 1800's and someone died in childbirth, so they brought the baby to me to try to nurse. LOL!!!

Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
Aw Darcy, she was wasting away to nothing but skin and bones anyway, so I am kinda glad we don't have to watch her starve anymore. The actress who played her is probably ready for a burger and fries. lol
She was skinny anyway I think..she was like that when she played in Prison Break. She needs to have burgers and fries 3 times a day lol

Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
She was skinny anyway I think..she was like that when she played in Prison Break. She needs to have burgers and fries 3 times a day lol
When Daryl calls her Olive Oyl in season 2, I laughed and laughed.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A guy on Facebook said something in his status so I knew T-Dog & Lori were going to die. I hate when that happens!!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I guess the person watching Carol perform a C on the lady walker, was the one who caused all the walkers to get loose. Isn't he the same guy that Rick left outside the prison door for all the walkers to eat. I guess he got away somehow. So I guess the 2 prisoners will join their group now. Hated loosing Tdog, not so much for Lori. Tear jerker for sure.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just watched yesterday.. and OMG i cried when TDog got attacked and then Laurie omg emotional I didn't think they would kill her off

Talk about the human emotions with the 2 prisoners wanting to join them. So they lost 2 and gained the baby & 2 prisoners... I LOVE this show

Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok, so she was in labor for all of 30 min and had to cut the baby out? Oh for goodness sake.

I wasn't so surprised by Rick's reaction though because even tho their relationship was messed up, she's still his wife and his link to his previous normal life. If I was Maggie I would not have let Carl do that. I would've shot her before he had a chance. My gosh, it's not like she was a dog! lol!

And Rick is hot. Just have to say it again.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Ok, so she was in labor for all of 30 min and had to cut the baby out? Oh for goodness sake.
They had mentioned earlier that she had a c-section with Carl and Herschel had been saying all along, he thought she would need a c-section with this baby, too. She also started bleeding pretty heavy. Yeah, it was super rushed, but on Talking Dead they mentioned Lori thought of the pregnancy as a death sentence.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I'm not keen on Lorie either.

What do you think to Ricks accent? He's British, and there's times where I notice he's struggling with the accent, maybe because I'm English and I would struggle myself, does he sound genuine to those of you who are American?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post

What do you think to Ricks accent? He's British, and there's times where I notice he's struggling with the accent, maybe because I'm English and I would struggle myself, does he sound genuine to those of you who are American?
Oh wow I never noticed. I can usually pick up on those things. I guess I was just too engrossed in the show, lol

Lori's death scene got to me - I cried the whole time. It got me when she was squeezing Carl and crying with him and stuff. And I wasn't a Lori hater, lol - I liked her (well, I liked the actress - loved her from Prison Break). So I'm bummed she's gone. And T-Dog! Never know who's safe on this show, lol. I think that's why I like it
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post

He's doing a Southern American accent and I think he does a pretty good job. But I've noticed that British actors/actresses seem to handle a Southern accent better than American actors/actresses. When a "yankee" tries it it usually sounds really fake

Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I never noticed a struggle with the accent. I saw the actress who plays Maggie on Conan last night and she has an accent, too.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I never noticed a struggle with the accent. I saw the actress who plays Maggie on Conan last night and she has an accent, too.
Yeah - she used her accent when she was on Supernatural. I still think of that character every time I see her and expect the British accent to come out. I think she's done really well with her southern accent
Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I noticed it mostly in the first series. The nearest I can get to NYC accent is saying the word cwoffee lol, but my southern twang isn't bad, if I do say so myself
Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think part of the worry was if the baby died inside her, it would turn and since they share blood Lori would be infected then too maybe? So I think that is why getting the baby out quickly was so important.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
She was bleeding pretty heavily and I don't think that would've been good for the baby, plus if Lori died because of the bleeding, the baby would still be inside her when she turned.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

okay, I can finally join this thread! I watched the episode last night and managed to avoid all mention of it all week! That was hard! What an INTENSE episode! And I cried on the part when Rick breaks down after learning Lori died. I would not have expected otherwise - for all their problems, she was his wife and they cared about each other. He protected them through the ZA so his reaction is not surprising.

And I second that about Andrea! She is so annoying and so trusting in people that shouldn't be trusted. Why does she do that? I think Mishonne needs to leave her quickly before she brings her down as well.

I remember seeing Andrew Lincoln in other movies before his role in Walking Dead and it blows me away every time - he is a fabulous actor! I remember him as the sweet guy in love with his friend's wife in Love Actually. So different from this role

Last edited by navaja77; 11-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, definitely intense and the scene with Lori and Carl was very sad -- that's hard for a mom to watch.

As for Rick, I don't think it's so much that he didn't love Lori anymore as that he has basically been forced over time to harden himself against emotion. Killing Shane probably killed off what was left of "compassionate" Rick and he had lost too many people by trying to hold on to the civilized way of doing things. That's why he wouldn't let the two prisoners into the group even though he probably would have a season or two ago. I think Lori's death cut through the wall he had built up - at least temporarily.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen22 View Post
It got me when she was squeezing Carl and crying with him and stuff.
omg me too!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
if Lori died because of the bleeding, the baby would still be inside her when she turned.
<shudder> I didn't even think of that. Yikes! Now THAT would've made good tv, lol!