Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-21-2020, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Easter Baskets

So, I'm really starting to think everyone will be completely locked down by the time Easter comes and I'll admit, I felt completely guilty spending a few extra minutes today trying to grab Easter Candy after I finished my grocery shopping.

I tend to overfill our baskets, but I'm struggling this year finding things online, especially for Cooper my 12 year old boy.

Link me up to any cool things you're getting your kids this year.
I did get Coop this thing, it looks neat.
Keira is pretty easy, and Harper, he is still little.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’ll be surprised if most kids get them, honestly Easter supplies candy toys and baskets were untouched in our stores. Feeling it’s the last thing on peoples minds.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:26 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I did alot of my Easter shopping about a week or so ago just because I was just trying to plan ahead.I have ALL of the candy I am going to buy LOL! I'm going to get Peyton(12) a cool Dinousaur book and probably something lego, they are all getting new swim googles as well ....I got them each a new beach towel and am going to do this

and I got Abby some new micron pens and face masks that she asked for....Ben jsut gets his favorite candy LOL!
Old 03-21-2020, 04:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I'm going to do any. Mostly for my own sanity. It's just another thing I'd have to add to my list and I just don't have room for anything else. My kids are older now, too, and most things they'd get are so pricey.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My son is 20. The Easter Bunny has always visited us (even after my son found out about the EB years ago), but I doubt it for this year, because I can't go out shopping. I was going to buy some candy a couple of weeks ago but decided to wait a week, and now I won't be able to.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I plan to do a little something. I had bought my 3 boys each a candy bar a couple of weeks ago that looks like a dollar bill, or hundred dollar bill or something like that. With a bunny on the front instead of a president. I had to step inside an Ace Hardware store today and saw some cute little toys. I picked up a few for my youngest (9 year old)...a pocket magnifying glass, and now I don't even remember the other two little things. I would imagine I'll be in some grocery store in the next couple of weeks, so I'll grab some chocolate Easter eggs or jelly beans or something. Nothing crazy. I can't even think of a "toy" or gadget to get my older boys. They're 17.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know, this year is gonna be so hard for so many.

I having a feeling Easter Dinner is going to look much different this year. At least the baskets can be the same.

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-21-2020 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

At the very least we will have an Easter Egg hunt. The kids enjoy this. The EB usually puts change in the eggs (as well as some candy) and my 14 year old asked this year if he could get whatever change he gets in his put into his 'Greenlight' account (debit card). I jokingly said "what if the eggs just had virtual amounts on them and we put that amount in your account?" and he got super into it. So we will hunt for eggs with pieces of paper in them with $ amounts written on them. The kids can use the money to buy something online.

I got my 17 year old a bracelet a few weeks ago. I will come up with something else.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We do the same thing with our eggs! A couple years ago I started giving each kid certain colors to look for. To make it harder for the big kids and more fair for Harper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
At the very least we will have an Easter Egg hunt. The kids enjoy this. The EB usually puts change in the eggs (as well as some candy) and my 14 year old asked this year if he could get whatever change he gets in his put into his 'Greenlight' account (debit card). I jokingly said "what if the eggs just had virtual amounts on them and we put that amount in your account?" and he got super into it. So we will hunt for eggs with pieces of paper in them with $ amounts written on them. The kids can use the money to buy something online.

I got my 17 year old a bracelet a few weeks ago. I will come up with something else.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 4 teenage daughters, we usually do something small-ish. This year, I plan to hopefully get them all new spring pjs and a bath towel (color coded because we are having towel issues lately). BUT, that all hinges on if stores are open. I can't shop for clothes online. I have one with sensitivity/sensory issues so I have to physically touch the material to see if it's something that would bug her.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have one kid who can't eat food so we haven't done Easter baskets since he was old enough to realize he couldn't eat it. Since Easter is in the spring we always got the boys some kind of sports equipment. Scooters one year. Soccer balls, practice golf balls, whatever they were into at the time.

The neighborhood we live in usually has an Easter party. It's been cancelled this year since most things are closed in Ohio. But they decided to hide eggs around the lake every day for kids to find. People can turn the eggs back in to be refilled or those who find the eggs (of any age) can refill and hide for someone else. The kids seem to be having a blast. It seems like a long time to keep up a daily egg hunt, but we'll see!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any ideas for you, Vanessa, but just wanted to say it's been on my mind, too.

I don't want to have to explain to my 5yo that there is no Easter Bunny so I will have to come up with a plan or list soon. We were supposed to go to Disney over Spring Break, which is a couple days before Easter, so now whatever we do at our house will be the only fun thing we do that whole week... and by then, the kids will have been out of school & unable to see people for an entire month (with at least another 3 weeks to go!)
Old 03-22-2020, 03:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I hadn't ordered anything, thinking we'd be back in the states before Easter. Now, too late to get anything here, not even sure how long we'll be getting our mail. There's still a possibility of us being in the states for Easter (if they'll agree to let a plane in...before all of the other connecting flights are canceled). If so, we'll add a few little things to our cart (as we'll need to go to the store anyway because we'll have nothing that's not in a hotel room or in our suitcases). We won't have baskets...but we can use our shoes like St Nicholas day If not... ? Maybe I just won't flip the calendar page & they won't notice
Old 03-22-2020, 09:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My son is 16 and he doesn't really feel the need to search for Easter eggs/presents anymore. Instead of going for brunch at my inlaws (we go every year) we decided to have our own brunch and just a small Easter celebration. I don't think life will be back to normal on April 12th so we've already decided to just stay home.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We won't be able to get together for lunch with my SIL. That's disappointing. She most likely will be working anyway, since she's an RN at a hospital.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I also grabbed some Easter candy at Aldi because I saw it and thought maybe I wouldn't have a chance later. Also because my kids are usually with me while shopping and not this time.
I don't do Easter baskets. Just chocolates and eggs hidden in the yard.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The EB usually brings my kids some practical stuff (swim suit, flip flops, sunglasses) and maybe a toy or something small. I just threw away all their Valentine's day candy so I think I'm not really going to do much for candy (I dont usually anyways) but I will have to be online shopping instead of picking things up here & there like I have in the past....

We usually spend easter with my hubby's family- but that wont be the same this year. And.. I'll have to do all the cooking of dinner... lol Maybe I'll will get something for the my hubby to smoke in the smoker!
Old 03-22-2020, 04:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I ordered the boys Easter stuff the other day.... I figured even with post being busy and slow it'll still get here in time. My boys are all older now 13, 15 & 18 so I wasn't planning on much this year anyway.... I had already decided on some candy, snacks and drinks and a new Funko Pop.... nothing overly crazy.... and in their eggs I was planning on doing cash so they could then get whatever they want.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I went ahead and ordered some stuff on amazon today.

A lot of things I looked at had April 21st delivery dates, so I'm glad I did. I ended up grabbing the boys both a remote control car and an activity book. Keira I got a lap desk and cookbook. A little bigger than what will actually fit in their baskets, but things suck right now!
Old 03-22-2020, 10:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tell your littles that the Easter Bunny is also quarantined so he's taking wish lists and will send gifts in the mail. That's what I told my 14 year old. He laughed. Then he got serious and said he'd give me his list.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOL!

Quote:
Tell your littles that the Easter Bunny is also quarantined so he's taking wish lists and will send gifts in the mail. That's what I told my 14 year old. He laughed. Then he got serious and said he'd give me his list.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went to get some necessities at Target today, hubby was out of Naproxene and their UP/UP brand is GF. I did sneaked in a DARK chocolate lindt bunny!

Old 03-23-2020, 08:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We threw away Valentines Candy too!
I shopped online yesterday and think I am all good. I bought some arts n crafts things (yes, including slime supplies! UGH!)
Old 03-23-2020, 08:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought Starburst Jellybeans when I first saw them in the store. I've been dipping into them and stress snacking, so we've blown through two bags already. I think that I'll need to do something for my kids because we are probably going to stay home for Easter. My BIL has serious respiratory issues, and I can't risk someone in my family giving him the virus.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Two weeks ago our commissary had Easter candy out so I grabbed a chocolate bunny for each of my girls then b/c I figured we wouldn't be going out much more after that! I'm glad I did! I don't do any other candy than that anymore b/c we just throw it away anyway. Earlier this week I ordered some string art and perler bead sets on Amazon for their baskets too. They're supposed to be here Thursday! My girls will be happy with that because they think they won't be getting anything at all.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I have 4 teenage daughters, we usually do something small-ish. This year, I plan to hopefully get them all new spring pjs and a bath towel (color coded because we are having towel issues lately). BUT, that all hinges on if stores are open. I can't shop for clothes online. I have one with sensitivity/sensory issues so I have to physically touch the material to see if it's something that would bug her.
LOL!! I did the same thing - each kid had their own colored towel

Quote:
Too funny, Sherri!!

My kids are all older, so I don't have to worry about the Easter Bunny. I usually try to at least get a chocolate bunny for them. We'll see this year.
My mom & I bought some books for the Grandbabies. We need to get those in the mail!
Old 03-25-2020, 01:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was in Walmart yesterday and picked up some “fake eggs” to dye. I can’t see dyeing real eggs right now. When we do, they sit out as decoration for a week or so. This is the kind I got at Walmart (even though it’s an Amazon link) D.I.Y. EASTER EGGS 12 COUNT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5Q5LZG..._O54EEb9BW1JK3

They also had some at Walmart that you use chalk to decorate.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I did Wal Mart grocery pickup online (ordered Monday and PIcked up today) and got Peyton a new Lego set, Ben some jalepeno beef jerky....I also ordered Abby an adult paint by number from Amazon
Old 03-25-2020, 04:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I take empty plastic eggs and throw them all over the house--like literally throw them. Inside ONE egg, that is hidden really secretively, is a $20.00 bill for whoever finds it. The youngest is exempt from this because he gets angry if he doesn't win--plus he gets a more expensive gift in his bag. Once the eggs are all picked up, everyone gets their bag and shares with one another what they got in their bag.

For us, the kids get a small bag (like a 4x6 gift bag) with their favorite candy. Then they also get something small that isn't going to rot their teeth. The oldest is getting a bathbomb, the middle is getting oil pastels and the youngest is getting one of those cheaper $9.99 lego sets.

I'm sure I'm no help I tried.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
I was in Walmart yesterday and picked up some “fake eggs” to dye. I can’t see dyeing real eggs right now. When we do, they sit out as decoration for a week or so. This is the kind I got at Walmart (even though it’s an Amazon link) D.I.Y. EASTER EGGS 12 COUNT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5Q5LZG..._O54EEb9BW1JK3

They also had some at Walmart that you use chalk to decorate.
We bought some of those one year. The kind you can dye and the chalk kind. I wasn't impressed with the chalk kind. I know we didn't end up dying the others either. I should pull them out this year. Maybe they will have more fun with them now that they are older.

We will actually be dying eggs this year. It hasn't happened since we moved into this house 4 years ago, but we are going to this year because we actually have TIME! We don't really need to color eggs because our chickens do such a great job of it, but I've always wondered how some of these will look colored, so I am anxious to find out. Here's a shot of some after I rinsed them off the other day, we've had so much rain we end up with muddy eggs.

On a side note (people are touchy these days so I feel the need to clarify a lot of things - probably not necessary here, but... ) we have been sharing several dozen eggs a week with others who can't get eggs right now. We have only kept what our family will use (and we haven't been using as many as we used to). We have given away 14 dozen eggs in the past week (and 2 dozen duck eggs).
Old 03-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After a lot of deliberation, the Easter presents have been 'ordered'. This is what we are getting our kids...

I ordered some games on Amazon also. I didn't expect them in time, but was shocked that they actually shipped today. So mine will get a little candy, a couple of games, some 'virtual' money to hunt in Easter eggs and a pair of fainting goats. Really though, the goats are more for me.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
After a lot of deliberation, the Easter presents have been 'ordered'. This is what we are getting our kids...

I have to tell you, after just reading a friend asking where she could get Lamb for Easter Dinner and then seeing this photo, I thought you were eating that goat!!!

I'm SO relieved it's a pet and not something you are eating!!!
Old 03-26-2020, 12:41 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Iand a pair of fainting goats. Really though, the goats are more for me.
I am coming to your house!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2020, 07:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We bought some of those one year. The kind you can dye and the chalk kind. I wasn't impressed with the chalk kind. I know we didn't end up dying the others either. I should pull them out this year. Maybe they will have more fun with them now that they are older.

We will actually be dying eggs this year. It hasn't happened since we moved into this house 4 years ago, but we are going to this year because we actually have TIME! We don't really need to color eggs because our chickens do such a great job of it, but I've always wondered how some of these will look colored, so I am anxious to find out. Here's a shot of some after I rinsed them off the other day, we've had so much rain we end up with muddy eggs.

On a side note (people are touchy these days so I feel the need to clarify a lot of things - probably not necessary here, but... ) we have been sharing several dozen eggs a week with others who can't get eggs right now. We have only kept what our family will use (and we haven't been using as many as we used to). We have given away 14 dozen eggs in the past week (and 2 dozen duck eggs).
Cool eggs! When we moved to this house, I suggested that we get some chickens. I was only half serious and we didn't. Now I'm wishing we had! We go through a lot of eggs. I've always tried to keep two 18 packs in the fridge at a time. With the stores being out of eggs recently and now our county is under "shelter in place" orders, I don't want to leave for the grocery store very often. And I don't want to use our "eating" eggs to dye. I have friends that have chickens and it's making me really consider it now! Hopefully the "fake eggs" will work out well for my youngest son.

I think this weekend I'll get out our Easter decorations. (I still have a Valentines hearts to take down! lol)
Old 03-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I ordered stuff on Etsy for Nick. I got him a wand holder for all his Harry Potter wands and a lightsaber holder for the fancy one he got at Galaxy's Edge. Plus I got really cool bath bombs. And I ordered stickers for his HydroFlask. I grabbed a bit of candy at the grocery store. I think that's it.