Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2015, 10:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default It's my turn on SugarBabe Sunday

Come over and read all about it! I just talk about organizing photos and getting those layouts printed!

Did you know our kids will be the most photographed generation so far in history, but most will not have any physical photographs?

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...be-sunday-712/
Old 07-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Vanessa, your article is great, thanks for sharing your experience and tips. It's a very interesting read.
I like printing my pages but so far I've printed only two books (12x12 and 8x8). I used shutterfly for the 12x12 and then artscow for the 8x8. I gotta say I love them both equally and it's really true that there's nothing better than a printed layout. I am currently working on a new book for a summer vacation trip and plan to do a lot more because I have TONS of photos (both high DSLR quality and medium smartphone ones). I really like your idea for the random shots layout...this is super helpful because I'm sure everyone has some super cool random photos that don't make it to a page.
Truth is, I really like 1 or 2 photo layouts but when I print I want to include as many photos as possible and I focus on them rather on embellishments. I guess this is where "pocket scrapping" comes handy
Wanted to ask you about that 8.5x8.5 size -- where do you print it?
--
Mama to Albert
Old 07-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love your albums! I do a pretty good job staying caught up... but I currently have three vacation albums to do! Ek.

And phonebooks are the bomb.com. lol

Edit- ^ obviously I meant PHOTO BOOKS. Haha.

Last edited by marlathrall; 07-12-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
Vanessa, your article is great, thanks for sharing your experience and tips. It's a very interesting read.
I like printing my pages but so far I've printed only two books (12x12 and 8x8). I used shutterfly for the 12x12 and then artscow for the 8x8. I gotta say I love them both equally and it's really true that there's nothing better than a printed layout. I am currently working on a new book for a summer vacation trip and plan to do a lot more because I have TONS of photos (both high DSLR quality and medium smartphone ones). I really like your idea for the random shots layout...this is super helpful because I'm sure everyone has some super cool random photos that don't make it to a page.
Truth is, I really like 1 or 2 photo layouts but when I print I want to include as many photos as possible and I focus on them rather on embellishments. I guess this is where "pocket scrapping" comes handy
Wanted to ask you about that 8.5x8.5 size -- where do you print it?
Aww, thank you!

I've been using http://www.prestophoto.com/ since 2009, they use to be viovio. I really love their quality and prices are great!
Old 07-12-2015, 01:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you! I'm working on finishing December 2013, and I have all of 2014 to work on. I'm caught up through mid May of this year.

QUOTE=marlathrall;1062760812]I love your albums! I do a pretty good job staying caught up... but I currently have three vacation albums to do! Ek.

And phonebooks are the bomb.com. lol

Edit- ^ obviously I meant PHOTO BOOKS. Haha.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-12-2015, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

i love your blog post Vanessa!

so, regarding organization, do you have to 2 organized folders for pictures then? the one for scrap and other for all pictures?

i need to organize a folder for photos to be scrapped because mine is in one folder (organize the same way as yours) and sometimes it's hard to find the photos to be scrapped among those duplicate shots

Old 07-12-2015, 04:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
i love your blog post Vanessa!

so, regarding organization, do you have to 2 organized folders for pictures then? the one for scrap and other for all pictures?

i need to organize a folder for photos to be scrapped because mine is in one folder (organize the same way as yours) and sometimes it's hard to find the photos to be scrapped among those duplicate shots

All of my pictures are in one big folder, Family Photos and then sub folders, that are Month/Year- Like February 2015. If you ACDsee, when you tag the image, it stays in that folder, but when you click the tag and select go to file, it takes you to the image. Like a shortcut. So if you have 10 photos that look similar, but only want to scrap 4 of them, tag those for and those will be the only ones you see. Once they're tagged you can drag them into your scrapping program and won't see the rest of them, unless you click go to file and it will take you their original location with all the photos that are in that folder.

Like my scrapbook kits, they're all in one big folder, then by designer. Say I tag something a few different times, it will be tagged in several categories (like girl kits,not used, summer, food, designer's name) , but it will stay in the original folder.

Does that make sense?
Old 07-13-2015, 01:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

aaah, got it...
so actually all of the photos are in there but you only see the ones that you tag (want to scrap)
Thanks!
(i really should look at that ACDSee program, sounds like it might make my scrap life easier )

Old 07-13-2015, 09:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Exactly! I've been using it at least 7 years I think, I've been digi scrapping 9 years, so it might be longer, but I can't scrap without it. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
aaah, got it...
so actually all of the photos are in there but you only see the ones that you tag (want to scrap)
Thanks!
(i really should look at that ACDSee program, sounds like it might make my scrap life easier )
Old 07-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love this article. Seeing all of those printed photo books makes me happy. I need to get more printed.

Which ACDSee version do you use? I had ACDSee on an old laptop ages ago. Maybe if I got it again I would get more scrapping done.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
Love this article. Seeing all of those printed photo books makes me happy. I need to get more printed.

Which ACDSee version do you use? I had ACDSee on an old laptop ages ago. Maybe if I got it again I would get more scrapping done.
I actually just got ACDsee 18, you can do a 30 day trial of it I think.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:55 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Great post! I loved seeing all of your albums. I am terrible. I have been digiscrapping since 2006 (wow, almost ten years now!) and although I've printed a few pages, I have no albums to show for it. I feel like I still haven't "finished" one and keep adding to it. I use ACDSee too and your post really inspired me to get finished with one. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashersmommy View Post
Great post! I loved seeing all of your albums. I am terrible. I have been digiscrapping since 2006 (wow, almost ten years now!) and although I've printed a few pages, I have no albums to show for it. I feel like I still haven't "finished" one and keep adding to it. I use ACDSee too and your post really inspired me to get finished with one. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I actually just got ACDsee 18, you can do a 30 day trial of it I think.
Thanks!