Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-18-2018, 07:36 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default When You Fall Behind...

When you fall behind in your ongoing weekly/monthly projects how do you catch up?

Jump right back in and play catch up later, or start back where you left off and plug away until you're up to date?
Old 05-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My non-weekly pages I can scrap out of order and not care, but for some reason it really bothers me to scrap my weekly pages out of order. I think it's partly because I used to skip weeks intending to come back later and never did. So even though most of the advice I've seen says to start with current pages and work backwards, I start where I left off and plug along. I stay motivated better that way.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2018, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wait, people are actually caught up?! I'm years and years behind! The best scrapping advice my BFF gave me is to scrap the most recent stuff first. I have been trying to do that this year, and it has helped!

Good luck catching back up!
Old 05-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
My non-weekly pages I can scrap out of order and not care, but for some reason it really bothers me to scrap my weekly pages out of order. I think it's partly because I used to skip weeks intending to come back later and never did. So even though most of the advice I've seen says to start with current pages and work backwards, I start where I left off and plug along. I stay motivated better that way.
I generally don't scrap in any kind of order, but I was really hoping to keep up with my son's first year album... NO such luck! It turns out taking care of an infant is a full time job

I'm tempted to start scrapping from here, but I agree, something about it just irks me!
Old 05-19-2018, 02:51 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Wait, people are actually caught up?! I'm years and years behind! The best scrapping advice my BFF gave me is to scrap the most recent stuff first. I have been trying to do that this year, and it has helped!

Good luck catching back up!
Thanks!!

In my head, everyone else is caught up but me, haha!
Old 05-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I could help, but I'm definitely a scrap whatever I feel like kinda girl. No order at all to my method!!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
I wish I could help, but I'm definitely a scrap whatever I feel like kinda girl. No order at all to my method!!
That’s how I used to be... until I decided that I needed to meticulously document every minute of the first year of my son’s life #ridiculousoverachiever haha
Old 05-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
Thanks!!

In my head, everyone else is caught up but me, haha!
Definitely not! My version of "caught up" means that I'm working on October 2017 right now and hope to finish 2017 by the end of June. I fell WAY behind in 2016 and didn't finish it until Nov 2017. I've been playing catch up ever since. If I can finish 2017 this June, that will be a victory! Maybe if I succeed, I'll be able to finish 2018 by March 2019. But that's getting way ahead of myself--no matter what goal I set, I'll probably fall behind and not finish by then.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I push on with my PL weeklies and will usually do them by order. If I can’t complete it I’ll do what I can and move on to the next, then go back and fill in as I go. I journal in a planner designated to PL journaling so I have every detail of our where, what and who in there to add later. It’s only this year I haven’t added any journaling to my weekly pages yet, but as it in my journal I don’t need to. Regular scrapbook pages I’ll go back to from my PL albums and scrap whenever I have time. No set order and sometimes it’ll be as a bingo challenge or just out of the blue. So far, I’m caught up on my weeklies (week 1-3 2018 complete, 4-19 missing patterned paper and embellishment + journaling).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2018, 01:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've found it best to start with current, keeping current and when you get a moment go back to the ones that you missed to fill in the blanks.

I'm sorry you fell behind, but hope you can get caught up and finish this project!