Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default Home based business?

Curious if any of my fellow sweet shoppers are consultants for home based businesses/direct sales. I recently became a consultant with Private Quarters, and it's already been such a blessing.

We all love and support our SS designers' home based businesses that they have created for themselves....I thought it would be fun to know of other SS members that might have businesses of their own. As women, I think we love to share things we like with others, so these businesses just fit!

If it somehow breaks a rule of the forum, or I'm just a dork, feel free to tell me and I'll delete the thread
But I'd love to know what any of ya'll are involved in, if it has allowed you to stay home with your kiddos, etc.

Thought it was just something else we could support each other in and share!!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have done some graphic design work, creating pamplets, brochures, things for conferences. I only do about 2-3 jobs a year, so its just a little extra spending cash. Sometime I should advertise and see if I can make more than that. I have never heard of Private Quarters.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing photography shoots over here. Back home I did graphic work like Mari.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a consultant for mark. makeup. It's the little sister company of Avon, and I love it. It's not just makeup- it's also got a lot of cute fashion and accessories.

My problem is that I tend to be my biggest customer LOL

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Very good idea, Mari! How do you get your jobs? Just word of mouth usually? And, that's usually the response I hear about Private Quarters...it started around 2004, so it is fairly new in the direct sales world...which has been a great opportunity for me!!
A couple of my friends/relatives do on-location photo shoots for people...I think that would be hard for me, even if I was a great photog...I'd have a hard time charging what I should!!
And never heard of mark! Had to check out that website...very cool!!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE Private Quarters. There is nothing nicer than a comfortable bed. When I can, I know who to call for PQ bedding!!

I am a Brand Ambassador with Votre Vu, a French Skin care company that is sorta new to the US. I like you, love the flexibility, and it gives me more money to spend here!!

I am also a market researcher for a local magazine, and I do the research at home. I also do other data things for them.

On the volunteer spectrum, I am building a database for a local Dressage Barn, and one for a local School Board campaign.

Scrapin' is my escape!!
Alison
Old 05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randa View Post
Very good idea, Mari! How do you get your jobs? Just word of mouth usually?
Totally word of mouth. Thats why its only a couple a year. I work full-time and part-time jobs though so I don't have a ton of time.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohlala View Post
I LOVE Private Quarters. There is nothing nicer than a comfortable bed. When I can, I know who to call for PQ bedding!!

I am a Brand Ambassador with Votre Vu, a French Skin care company that is sorta new to the US. I like you, love the flexibility, and it gives me more money to spend here!!

I am also a market researcher for a local magazine, and I do the research at home. I also do other data things for them.

On the volunteer spectrum, I am building a database for a local Dressage Barn, and one for a local School Board campaign.

Scrapin' is my escape!!
Alison
Wow! You're a busy girl! I've never heard of Votre Vu! Their website is great!! Market researcher...sounds intriguing....does it involve free samples of some sort?

Yup...love my comfy bed! Just didn't know what I was missing!!! Contact me anytime :-D