Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2010, 02:34 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default Tell me I won't be sorry...

Just purchased Adobe Lightroom from the SundaySoft website. Great deal at 69.00, but now I'm a little nervous
Googled all I could to see if it was a legit website...not piracy or scam...found nothing, so I went for it. I deleted my trial version which had expired and I'm currently uploading the link they provided. Serial number for unlimited use should be emailed in less than 12 hours, they say.

Please, someone tell me I won't be sorry!!

I'll let you know how it goes
Old 05-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

Wow, they had some good prices. Looks pretty legit. I hope so!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I loooooooove LR. I love shooting in RAW and having so much more control over my final images. I love that I can copy and paste settings from one image to a bunch of others with similar issues (like a group of photo's from one shoot).
Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I dont know about the website being legit, but I know fo' sho' you wont be sorry buying Lightroom.........it will totally change the way you do your LOs and take photos!!!! Yeah!!!

Kristen
Old 05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Let us know if you get your full program or not - I'm dying to get the full version (I'm using the Beta3 trial right now), but $400 is a little high for me!

Huge fan of:

Old 05-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I looooove using Lightroom, but I've never heard of that site. Good luck and let us know if it works for you.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I hate to be the one to say it, but if a deal seems too good to be true, it's because it usually is.

From Adobe's website:

Quote:
Be cautious when ordering software over the Internet. Many resellers with Internet storefronts or those who sell from auction sites knowingly distribute copies of software illegally. Estimates reveal that as much as 90% of software sold over Internet auction sites is either bootlegged or gray market. So, if the pricing seems too good to be true, it probably is.
and this:

Quote:
Do not buy downloadable software except at the Adobe Store. This is the only authorized way to purchase Adobe software through download.
So if you're getting a download version for $70, odds are it's probably not totally legit. Not to say it might not work, but there are lots of ways to fake serial numbers without them coming from Adobe. I would recommend going through one of their authorized dealers instead. If you are eligible for the education version, you can get Lightroom for $99.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
So if you're getting a download version for $70, odds are it's probably not totally legit. Not to say it might not work, but there are lots of ways to fake serial numbers without them coming from Adobe. I would recommend going through one of their authorized dealers instead. If you are eligible for the education version, you can get Lightroom for $99.
Well, it downloaded fine and the serial key came by email. It is up and running.

I'm sure I will feel super-guilty now every time I use it, wondering if it's an illegal version!! I actually do qualify for the education version, but I was too impatient to wait for it to ship. You get the hard copy mailed to you and I wanted to download it so I'd have it on my vacation this weekend.

I know Adobe can't police the internet, but it seems it would be easier for them to put a stop to these websites. I thought when I googled the info I would at least find sites that would "out" them, maybe a generated list saying "beware of these sites" or something of that nature. I found nothing on the SundaySoft business, not even on the IT sites.

Too late to second-guess now...it's done
Now just have to figure out Lightroom...which will probably just add to the frustration!