Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Pregnant Ladies Check-in!

OK, I know we did this a couple months ago, but we've had several more people chime in and say that they're expecting now. Let's get an official count!

If you're expecting, post here and let us know when you're due. Do you know what you're having? And just for fun, was this a surprise pregnancy for you (as I know that's the case for a LOT of us around here! LOL)

I'll go first -

I'm due Feb 14, but she'll likely come at least one week early (due to high risk issues).

We're having a girl. Her name will be Chloe Alexandria.

And YES! Total, complete, utter surprise for us (many of you will remember my claims of "I'm NOT pregnant" before I found out. LOL) As the parents of 2 teenagers, this was SO not in our plans, but we are thrilled and feel blessed.

Who else?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm one of those cool kids!

I'm due March 23rd, but will more than likely be pushing the baby out a week or two earlier since each baby has come earlier than the last.

Boy - Mason Spencer

Well, since I was on birth control it was a pretty big surprise. lol Plus ever since I had gotten so sick my cycle was just so out of whack that even though we still used charting and my body's signs we obviously missed a day. (Or well I guess didn't miss a day would be more accurate. lol)

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post

Well, since I was on birth control it was a pretty big surprise. lol Plus ever since I had gotten so sick my cycle was just so out of whack that even though we still used charting and my body's signs we obviously missed a day. (Or well I guess didn't miss a day would be more accurate. lol)
Kennedy was a birth control baby. I also had my odds stacked against me medically so she was a complete shock and the most WONDERFUL miracle ever!!!

(I secretly want to be a cool kid too...but baby #2 will be waiting for a few yrs, if all goes as planned)
Old 10-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm here!
I'm due in March, 20. My DD was born in a emergency c-section at 37 weeks b/c high blood pressure issues, so I didn't even felt any signs of a true labor. Hoping for a different ending this time.

It's a girl!! (I found out at exactly 18 weeks on 10/18 )

Name? I don't have one . It's a battle over here. All I ask for is a name that spells the same both in Portuguese and English, since this child will be a Canadian citizen as well: Alice, Anna, Jessica, Monica, Olivia, Pamela, Patricia, Paula, Priscilla, Rose, Sarah, Sophia, Suzannah, Victoria... as you can see many options. BUT I really love just one name in this listing: Olivia and DH none of them. DD wants to name her Giulianna *sigh*

Totally a surprise baby (I'm not fully recovered from the shock! )!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm due May 23 with #4. Big surprise here, too, but we're all excited! I already have 2 boys and 1 girl, so we'd love another girl, but honestly, we'll be thrilled with either.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh, exciting thread! I wanna get my name in too!
I´m pregnant in week 20, our due date is march 14th and what an exciting time it is!
It´s my second child, Mattis, my big son is 5 years old and I´ve had such a hard and long delievery, which ended in a c-sectio...
I´m so hoping for a natural birth this time, but we´ll see. Come what may, we´re just praying for a healthy, little baby!

It seems like we´re getting another boy, we´re so happy about! Mattis has grown up to such a gorgeous boy - we´re hoping that his little brother will be a lot like him!

His name will be Lönne Hinnerk, which is a scandinavian name.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Weeeeee!!! Pregnant lady thread, WOOT WOOT!!

I'm due 2/29 and I'm now 21 weeks along.
We're Team Green, so we don't know the sex, and we're not even discussing names until after the new year because it's going to be a fight, lol. DH hates every name I throw out there, but has no suggestions either, so I've given up for a while. We're both going to make lists and try and find some common ground, lol.
It was a big surprise, but also not, you know? Lol! We weren't actively trying, but we had planned on starting to try this fall. So a few months early is no big deal. PLUS that means I won't be huge in the middle of the summer, which is exactly what I didn't want in the first place, so this is actually better (for me!).

I have ZERO idea what we're having. No intuition on it whatsoever. We've been referring to Swerbaby as "he", just because I hate saying it, or "the baby" 483920843290 times in a sentence. I did tell Jordan that I'll probably have some guilt if we happen to have a girl and I've spent 9 months call her "he", lol!

I started our registry the other day, so that's been fun. I need to do my research on carseats and strollers. I'm super frustrated at the price of nursery furniture. I even went to a furniture store to see what they had for kids and was totally disappointed. So I might have to come to terms with the fact that the baby is going to have the nicest furniture in the house, LOL! I'm not against refurbishing something off craigslist, but I'm running out of time.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Col, do you watch HIMYM? i totally thought of you this week...

Old 10-20-2011, 02:55 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
Col, do you watch HIMYM? i totally thought of you this week...
No. Fill me in! LOL!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

there are 2 characters on there who are expecting. they're team green, but had the envelope. someone wanted to see it, so they let him....and they found out at the end of the episode. i'm just a dork bc i've never 'known' anyone who is team green LOL

Old 10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
Kennedy was a birth control baby. I also had my odds stacked against me medically so she was a complete shock and the most WONDERFUL miracle ever!!!
Zach was the product of BC and condoms... Lol. Surprise! The BC I understand failing because I had gotten sick not long before and was finishing up antibiotics- my doctor made a bit of a mistake by having me on both and forgetting to tell me the BC would be less effective, but it's the last time I trust a man to have a non-expired condom on him. :P I thought we were all clear since we used both, but NOPE!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giseli Freitas View Post
DD wants to name her Giulianna *sigh*
I had Giuliana picked out for my last 2 girls but it got veto'd both times..I <3 the name!

congrats to the preggys!! (and super glad it's not me )

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

hehe I love this thread!

Col & Giseli, I feel ya on the names. Chloe was literally the ONLY name we could agree on for a girl. Even though it's a little on the popular side, we just embraced it since it was the one we both liked. He totally shot down my 2 fave names (Mallory & Delaney) and kept throwing out names like Amber and Tiffany. I told him this is not 1982. LOL

And yes, I think we've convinced both of our teens that birth control is NOT a guarantee that you won't get pregnant. So, if nothing else, this has been a good lesson for them!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:29 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
there are 2 characters on there who are expecting. they're team green, but had the envelope. someone wanted to see it, so they let him....and they found out at the end of the episode. i'm just a dork bc i've never 'known' anyone who is team green LOL
That's so funny! My DH's BFF was Team Green for both his girls, and my girlfriend out in OH that's due in Dec is also Team Green. My MIL was for all 4 of hers. I can't remember if my mom was for any of us or not.

I was on the fence, but I'm getting excited about it now. I'm really loving the idea of Jordan getting to tell me "it's a ___ !!!!"

LOTS of people are bugging us, lol. I have friends who have asked to see the money shot sono-picture, and that they wouldn't tell me what it showed, LOL! We didn't get one though since we said we didn't want to know, and that always disappoints them!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Col, I think it's awesome that you're Team Green! A little part of me wanted to do it, but then I'm also one who reads spoilers and peeks at Christmas presents. LOL So, it would be pure torture for me to wait. But honestly, the thought of getting to hear your hubby tell you the gender after the birth is just absolutely awesome!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:32 PM

profile gallery send pm

LOL @ "it's not 1982"!!!!

I wouldn't mind the veto's if Jordan would offer some suggestions, lol. But he just says no, or makes a face! He hates my favorite (Ella), but I'm hoping to convince him on Eliza perhaps. That's my new favorite right now, and it's got some Irish history to it which makes me happy. We'll see. I'm having a hard time thinking of boys names. I really need to get on that. He's veto'd Ethan and Jonathan on that front so far, lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
I had Giuliana picked out for my last 2 girls but it got veto'd both times..I <3 the name!

congrats to the preggys!! (and super glad it's not me )
I have nothing against Giulianna, I would gladly let DD pick the name, but I wonder... wouldn't it be *meh* to have a Giulia and a Giulianna? Like, "where's your creativity, mom?" LOL
Plus DD's BFF, Isabella, had a little sister 2 years ago. Guess the name of the little girl? Me and her mom are good friends, so that would be kinda weird.

I thought of being team green too (for about a second ). Then I realized I already have a lot of 'surprises' going on. I NEED to have at least one thing I don't have to stress about right now.
xoxo

Last edited by Giseli Freitas; 10-20-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Look at me, posting in the exclusive pregnant girls thread. ; )

I am a BC girl, but in August, my period just never came. It took me about two weeks to realize what was going on, and by then I decided just to wait until my next period to get back on bc. I figured that since I have PCOS, I didn't have anything to worry about. But since Joel refuses to use condoms, and I refuse to go without sex...

I've got my fingers crossed for a girl, but I'll be happy with another boy. We've decided on Caleb for a boy because Jack & Max are named after our war hero, godly grandfathers, so we have to keep with tradition for the 3rd child and name him after my other war hero, godly grandfather. I like girl names like Kate (Joel's grandmother) or Ariana, and Joel is suggesting names like Kung Fu Princess. We're not getting very far, lol.

I'm due at the end of May, scheduled C-section since both boys were C-sections, and to be honest, I like having my baby pulled out of me instead of having to push it out. ; )
Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so excited for everyone! Col, I think it's awesome you are team green. I told dh last week that I kind of want to wait to find out for the next one. We already have both so why not! And I NEVER thought I would want to be surprised!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
And yes, I think we've convinced both of our teens that birth control is NOT a guarantee that you won't get pregnant. So, if nothing else, this has been a good lesson for them!
Except for Belly (who was just pull and pray lol I'd just miscarried a few months before and hadn't even had a normal cycle yet) ALL of our kids have been birth control babies. People think we're joking when we tell them that we have the sex talk covered already, but we're not, we already have it planned
"Don't have sex unless you want a baby. You are all proof that birth control doesn't work."

Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Except for Belly (who was just pull and pray lol I'd just miscarried a few months before and hadn't even had a normal cycle yet) ALL of our kids have been birth control babies. People think we're joking when we tell them that we have the sex talk covered already, but we're not, we already have it planned
"Don't have sex unless you want a baby. You are all proof that birth control doesn't work."
Well, there's birth control and birth control. Counting days and stuff kind of works best if you WANT to conceive, not the other way round. :-)

Plus with the pill it's enough not to take it truly regularly (like, on the hour); or get sick and take antibiotics or whatever. Condoms are the safest, but well... things have happened.

Last edited by adrianka; 10-21-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So funny how worlds can be sooooo different.
Here in Holland I think 80% is team green! And in America it's just the other way around.

Oh and boy, what do I want to be in this thread also.......
Old 10-21-2011, 06:13 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the club, baby!!!

I'm 11 weeks now and due early May 2011.
We've decided to not know the sex, and we're kinda team orange (Thanks Col, for the idea )
We do have some names in the pocket though... Charity for a girl, Timothy for a boy. But we're still looking around
I'm hoping for a natural birth.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i TOTALLY love that your team green, col. i'm too nosy to ever be team green. LOL and i think not getting a money shot is a good idea. if i had it, i'd have to look!

Old 10-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Well, there's birth control and birth control. Counting days and stuff kind of works best if you WANT to conceive, not the other way round. :-)

Plus with the pill it's enough not to take it truly regularly (like, on the hour); or get sick and take antibiotics or whatever. Condoms are the safest, but well... things have happened.
Both boys are condom babies, and we didn't have anything go wrong with either condom. And I hadn't gotten sick or been on antibiotics or missed any days or took any late when I got pregnant this time.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Both boys are condom babies, and we didn't have anything go wrong with either condom. And I hadn't gotten sick or been on antibiotics or missed any days or took any late when I got pregnant this time.
Exactly! Things happen. :-) In a such a case one is tempted to say that this is how it was supposed to be. :-)

Old 10-21-2011, 08:48 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
i TOTALLY love that your team green, col. i'm too nosy to ever be team green. LOL and i think not getting a money shot is a good idea. if i had it, i'd have to look!
Thankfully, since we didn't want to know, we don't even know what the money shot looks like, LOL!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
One of my friends is team green for every one of her babies, and her doctor gets the money shot for each baby, then puts it in an envelope, seals it, and it goes in her chart and he gives it to her at her post-baby checkup. That way she gets the shot but doesn't have it before baby comes, lol