Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2016, 05:05 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default Help! Remembrance/memorial Card?

Hi guys, I haven't scrapped in years and I'm trying to help my mom with a memorial card for my dad.

I have photoshop elements 11 and I'm stuck right out of the gate at what size I need to use. I think 4x8 is the size I want, maybe? But I'm not sure what pixels to put in. Can I just do 4x8 inches? I always used pixel size when I scrapped some-odd years ago.

I tried printing a sample but my printer shrank it by 32%. 4x8 should fit on a standard 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, right? I don't remember how to do this. The size I'm looking for should certainly fit on a standard sheet of paper. I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere.

I just want this to be nice for my mom, not some janky junk I patched together last minute. If you guys could give me a hand with my sizing issue I'd really appreciate it.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry about your father! I'm not sure what size is standard for a memorial card, but maybe you could google them as if you were going to purchase and see what the standard sizes are. You can put in the dimensions in inches, but you want to be sure that it's set to 300 pixels per inch. (If you want to use pixels, multiply the number of inches by 300.) Default size is usually 72 pixels per inch, but that's only good for web viewing. Not sure why your printer shrunk the image-it's possible that you had "fit to page" checked in your printer options. I hope you're able to get it all figured out!
Old 09-19-2016, 01:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry about the loss of your dad.
Rachel gave you some good advice. I found this site that has downloadable templates and sizes for finished cards depending on if you want large or small. It looks like large cards are 2.5 inches by 4.25 inches and small cards are 2 inches x 3.5 inches.

Last edited by scrap2day; 09-19-2016 at 01:57 AM.