Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default Stocking stuffer ideas

Okay so we're doing our Christmas tomorrow night and I need ideas for stocking stuffers (which have actually turned into more of like a goodie bag lol)

I really don't like giving candy because I'm a Grenchy party pooper like that. lol What do you guys do? I need ideas for preschooler girls, grandparents, and for generation Y (mid 20's).

I thought about some small gift cards (15 bucks-ish) and maybe some lottery tickets lol but ya know, that only takes up so much space and I'm not Oprah.

Help!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do a DVD or music CD for each kiddo, hair accessories for my princess, cars for the boys, some candies and chocolates, maybe an new mini stuffy they had been eying (my little guy got a beanie size Rocket from Little Einsteins last year).
For my grandparents, I have been known to do lottery tickets, specialty teas and coffees, new deck of cards (since they are always playing cards of some sort), golf balls, or a keychain.
And for my sisters (19 and 23), I also do lottery tickets, lip glosses, kitchen/bar gadgets, jewelery, iTunes cards, etc.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

my parents always put fruit in our stockings which is still sweet but better then candy. You could try grooming supplies also because we usually got a new hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste etc. Dollar Tree or Target dollar bins are good places to look. For the older people small picture frames with pictures added are a nice choice. Maybe one of those digital photo key rings for the older people. One of my absolute favorite stocking stuffers as a kid was pop-beads (you know little beads with a whole on one end and a little stick thing on the other)

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hmm..

my preschooler is getting a few small toys (dollar stores are great for this) some colors a coloring book, candy and a couple leapster games (b/c they were on sale and fit in there lol)

I have 3 20ish cousins that I'm giving itunes gift cards to this year..other than that I have NO idea for that age range...

grandparents - hmm...a fun thing would be like candy from their generation...I know I've seen them sold in boxes for like the 50's/60's etc.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

kids - toothbrush, fun bar of soap, card game, lipgloss, Hot Wheels, breath mints, keychain, Polly Pockets (do they still make those??), hairbows, fun socks, marbles, CD or DVD

adults - Itunes/Starbucks/Target gc, gas card (just make sure that there is a station of that kind nearby if they live out in the country somewhere!), movie gc (same advice as the gas card applies here), manicure set, shaving set, gum, breath mints, fun socks/slippers, office supplies, car fragrance hanger, 'tools' for their favorite hobby (i.e. glue gun sticks, small screwdriver, etc.), homemade coupons (i.e. 2 hours babysitting their kids, help with the lawn, etc.), CD or DVD if you know them well enough

HTH!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I 2nd everyone's ideas I also think that even if you don't do candy it is still always fun to have one of those lifesaver/nerds/sweethearts books in your stocking {and they take up a good amount of space}...what about a dinner GC for the grandparents....and I really like the idea of some little frames with pics in them....and I agree that the Dollar store is great for stocking stuffers
Old 12-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Wooo! I knew you guys would have some good ideas!! lol Thanks. =)
Old 12-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How about the game "Farkle"? Seems to be popular with the 60+ people I have met. It's a "small" dice game so would fit in a stocking and not be too expensive. You could decorate the cover of a small 3x5" or 4x6" spiral notebook with one of the "game" kits at SSD for them to keep score inside...then maybe a decorative pencil or pen to go with it.

UNO cards are good ...
Old 12-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Kay View Post
How about the game "Farkle"? Seems to be popular with the 60+ people I have met. It's a "small" dice game so would fit in a stocking and not be too expensive. You could decorate the cover of a small 3x5" or 4x6" spiral notebook with one of the "game" kits at SSD for them to keep score inside...then maybe a decorative pencil or pen to go with it.

UNO cards are good ...
Oh, that's such a good idea to decorate the cover of a small notebook to keep scores.

We always had an orange and sometimes and apple in our stockings as kids. We weren't thrilled with them -- probably because they did take up a lot of room. LOL!

For teenagers: sometimes malls have gift cards that work at all the stores in the mall. I find that helpful because their favorite store last year may not be the favorite this year. I also like giving fast food gift cards in small denominations because then they have some spending money when they are out with friends.

For parents/grandparents: some of the dollar stores carry Large Print playing cards.

Last edited by scrap2day; 12-17-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Socks. Everyone gets socks every year.

Bath stuff -- gel, bubble bath, etc.

Books.

Earrings for the girls.

That's what we're doing this year.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Something I didn't know before this week ... Sam's Club sells gift cards at a discount! I had never paid attention to them figuring I could get them anywhere ... but 4 $25 GC for Itunes was $86 and some change I think...so that is a savings. I bought 4 $10 Itunes GC and saved about $2. All 3 of my boys will use Itunes GC .... just in case anyone wants to know or has an extra card laying about they aren't using. ha ha I know ... everyone prob knew this about Sam's except me...

I bought dh "vidalia onion dressing" from tastefully simple that he just loves ... and ordered some spice rubs from "top secret recipes" to put in his stocking. I am hoping they will completely fill it. lol

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 12-17-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we don't do candy here (well, not yet anyway). even on halloween, DS only ate a little pack of fruit snacks from his T&T candy. LOL

sooo... for his stocking (he's 4) we have some Thomas stuff -- flashlight, card game and a couple trains, some character bandaids, a DVD, a CD of kids' music, matchbox cars, toothbrush/toothpaste, crayons/coloring books.. um, he's pretty easy to please.