Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up Who's ready for December Daily?? Share ideas & pages here!

I haven't seen a thread for this, so smack me down if there is one already!

I can NOT believe tomorrow is the 1st - I'm so excited! I just love, LOVE my December Daily album from last year and can't wait to do it again - starting TOMORROW! Eep!

Share your DD pages, ideas, thoughts, strategies, kits you're using, etc here!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to have my cover done today along with number tags but I can't decide on which kit... I have so many amazing Christmas kits.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm using a bunch of different products for my all digi album this year. From SSD I'm using Dani's A Lot Like Christmas kit, KCB's Tis The Season Family kit, some other SSD products that I haven't decided on yet, and some products and templates from another site.

Here are the pages for my first two days. I will add more and customize once I figure out what will go on them each day.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got my cover page done. Got a bunch of activities to do.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm doing mine paper, and have NOTHING done, LOL! I picked out my size (8x10) and that's about it. I'm going to tackle it tonight while I backup my EHD's. I did a lot of cleaning on sunday, so my craft area is nice and tidyand I can dive in.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This will be my first December here so can someone tell me what exactly is the Decemebr Daily?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i love that number slider!

i think i'm just going to do twelve days of christmas and they will be twelve random days in december. i haven't even though about how i'm going to do them.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

the premise was started by ali edwards...
http://aliedwards.com/projects/december-daily/

basically you create a page a day in december to document all of the little things that happen over the holiday season. ali usually premakes the pages then adds photos in later.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay! Thanks. I think I'm going to try to do it this year. But maybe I'll do one page for each week. I don't think I could do 31 scrapbook pages. lol.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still undecided on if I'm doing it or not. If I am, I'm using either my All That Glitters collection, or I'm using Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins by Libby. On the one hand, I haven't used my All that Glitters since I bought it black friday. On the other hand... every layout I do with CHNM turns out AWESOME. I'm not sure!

I'm not even sure if I have enough to fill an album... but I'm going to go for it and try. Haha. I'm not so much doing a Dec. Daily as I am doing a precursor for 365. I've never attempted 365, and I keep saying next year's the year. I think instead of doing a true Dec. Daily, I'm going to do a 365 thing for the month of Dec, and see if I could manage a year of it...

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ooh i like the idea of a page a week. that i could manage. maybe monday to sunday starting on the 6th.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This will be my first attempt. & it'll actually include our Thanksgiving in it as well.

I've decided on 5x7 & will be mostly digital with a bit of hybrid thrown in. Going to try to tie it in with our "advent calendar" which we're doing an activity a day as a family.

My cover page is done & a couple foundation pages. I'm using a variety of kits (the All that Glitters collection by Meg & Traci, both of KCB's Holiday Collections & a few others from SSD) & some of the templates from Penny's Countdown to Christmas.

(this will get updated photos from this year, 3 spots, for 3 kiddos)
Old 11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and I'm combining Journal Your Christmas w/ Dec Daily, especially since we're going to totally relax this Christmas and I'm not sure I'll have enough "activities" to record for Dec Daily, but am looking forward to the prompts to help with journaling this last month as we celebrate Christmas and our last month as a family of 4.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
Oh, and I'm combining Journal Your Christmas w/ Dec Daily, especially since we're going to totally relax this Christmas and I'm not sure I'll have enough "activities" to record for Dec Daily, but am looking forward to the prompts to help with journaling this last month as we celebrate Christmas and our last month as a family of 4.
Oooo - I'm going to check that out right now!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 PM

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I combine DD with JYC too
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been looking at this class... haven't jumped on it yet, though... I could really used help in the whole journaling the holiday thing...
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, I combine December Daily and Journal Your Christmas together too. I also signed up for Tracey Clark's Picture the Holidays class over at Big Picture Classes, which is 31 days of photo-centric prompts. But this is my 4th year getting the JYC prompts so I thought having something new to look forward to would be nice too.

My book is pretty much ready, only because I put one together last year and never used it. But I'm going to pull it out later today and make sure everything is ready to go. I'm so excited!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WHERE did you get that date slider?! I LOVE it! If it's not from SSD, PM me, please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvasweetness View Post
I'm using a bunch of different products for my all digi album this year. From SSD I'm using Dani's A Lot Like Christmas kit, KCB's Tis The Season Family kit, some other SSD products that I haven't decided on yet, and some products and templates from another site.

Here are the pages for my first two days. I will add more and customize once I figure out what will go on them each day.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Does Ali's December daily do prompts or anything or is it just a "free for all" all on your own type of thing?

That Journal Your Christmas sounds like something I might like but I need to think if it's really worth $35 bucks to me, (yes I know you have access to every thing past and present, but do *I* really need to pay someone to tell me what to scrap or can I do it on my own for free!!!)

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
Does Ali's December daily do prompts or anything or is it just a "free for all" all on your own type of thing?

That Journal Your Christmas sounds like something I might like but I need to think if it's really worth $35 bucks to me, (yes I know you have access to every thing past and present, but do *I* really need to pay someone to tell me what to scrap or can I do it on my own for free!!!)
I think JYC is worth the money. This is my 4th year with and I love the prompts. She's got so many repeat people now she adds alternates to each day as well for variety. Plus you get the forums for inspiration & suggestions.

I've got my stuff organized & a plan for a less photo, more journaling album this year.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I finished my cover... I decided to use my All that Glitters goodies. I don't know if I'm just sticking to the Chrismakkuh bundle, or if I'm using it all...

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post

Ali doesn't do any prompts. Her album is just a daily documentation of December which means some days are Christmas related and some aren't.

Journal Your Christmas is more about embracing the holiday season and staying present in the midst of all the chaos. So while technically there are daily prompts, they're not so much like "today scrap this," they're more in-depth and designed to get you thinking about what you love about the Christmas holiday and documenting it in a fun way if you choose. Personally I think it's worth it but it kind of depends on what you're looking to document with your album.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok it's sad to say but I still have a few layouts left from 2009 but I'm still going to continue on with 2010. I have my templates all picked out and I have all my Christmas kits in a folder...I have all my activities listed although I don't know when we will do what...
Old 11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Ali doesn't do any prompts. Her album is just a daily documentation of December which means some days are Christmas related and some aren't.

Journal Your Christmas is more about embracing the holiday season and staying present in the midst of all the chaos. So while technically there are daily prompts, they're not so much like "today scrap this," they're more in-depth and designed to get you thinking about what you love about the Christmas holiday and documenting it in a fun way if you choose. Personally I think it's worth it but it kind of depends on what you're looking to document with your album.
Oh this sounds like something I need to do this year...last year was my first year and I mine was a daily documentation...
Old 11-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
WHERE did you get that date slider?! I LOVE it! If it's not from SSD, PM me, please!
I PMd you!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
I finished my cover... I decided to use my All that Glitters goodies. I don't know if I'm just sticking to the Chrismakkuh bundle, or if I'm using it all...

I love your cover!!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Deanna, you bring up such a sore subject for me.

I have valiantly attempted to make a DD album the last two years, and it has been a dismal failure. I get halfway through the month and get bored and stop. I take enough pictures and I get my album done ahead of time, and it's still just not motivation enough, I guess.

If scrapping my baby's first Christmas hasn't gotten me to complete a DD album, I don't know what will.

I love looking at them, though, and pretending I have my own.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Yes I am quoting myself.

I just saw this - Shimelle has a blog post that kind of explains what I was talking about:

10 Reasons to Journal Your Christmas
Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished assembling mine... though I'm probably going to change out the ribbon for rings... The pages on the inside are 6x6.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I just finished assembling mine... though I'm probably going to change out the ribbon for rings... The pages on the inside are 6x6.

So cute, Heather!!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Suzanne at Roadside Designs is giving away a 25 page template album starting today, specifically for the December Daily project. You download a template every day, links valid for 24hrs only. I haven't decided if I'm doing the December daily yet, as I'm already doing P365, but if I DO do it, this is the only way I'd be able to keep up with a page a day.

http://roadsidedesigns.blogspot.com/
Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I just posted a new thread about this but if you are a Kindle owner, Amazon has a book for free (not sure for how long...sometimes weeks..... some times days.....sometimes only hours) called 25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Eve.r It might give aome good ideas or inspirations and HEY.....IT'S FREE!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-30-2010, 07:31 PM

profile gallery send pm

I just busted out my big totes full o' Christmas goodies, and I can't WAIT to get started on this album tonight! WOOT!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Hi.

I'm going with the 6x8 size book that Ali is, using some of the tons of paper I've got, and will use 5x7 templates for the interior photos. I just cut the paper this afternoon. Still have to punch the holes.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my blog post about my album: getting ready

I totally took the easy way out and bought a premade album.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kim that album is beautiful!!

Old 11-30-2010, 11:46 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
WHERE did you get that date slider?! I LOVE it!
This would be a great one to use from Shawna!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure if it's been posted, but I got this from Becki Wright who got it from Kristina's blog.

http://ianck.blogspot.com/2010/12/25...oto-ideas.html

An idea sheet for photos for your December Daily album.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:49 AM

profile gallery send pm

Oh that's awesome, thanks Darcy!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
I'm not sure if it's been posted, but I got this from Becki Wright who got it from Kristina's blog.

http://ianck.blogspot.com/2010/12/25...oto-ideas.html

An idea sheet for photos for your December Daily album.
Love that! Thanks!!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I DO still need to pick out a journaling font for my album... any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Yours Seriously (and I don't say that because I create them). However you got it, this is one of those things that *I* feel should be done in your hand..or your kids hand if they're adding to the memories. I'm just goofy that way LOL
Old 12-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yours Seriously (and I don't say that because I create them). However you got it, this is one of those things that *I* feel should be done in your hand..or your kids hand if they're adding to the memories. I'm just goofy that way LOL
Urrrmmm... does it make me sound like a big dork that I didn't even think of that! GREAT idea, oh smart one!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
ITA!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I agree, best purchase I made this year, and I don't even like my handwriting!

Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

so I am totally going with the free template from the blog Jacinda suggested...that is totally up my alley since I am also doing P365!!!! But I love the link Darcy posted and downloaded the photo ideas as well...

can you guys share some of the pages if you did this last year? I didn't dot his so I wanted to kind of get an idea of what everybody did
Old 12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh come on ladies! You can't do that to me!!!

I'm already doing P365 and even though using quickpages I'm way behind in scrapping them. And I have stuff to do for christmas. And now I want to do this as well. Gaaah! How will I cope? I mean, there isn't even any decoration up yet, because I'm so behind this year. *sigh* But now I want a sweet album with the templates Jacinda linked to. Hmmm...
Old 12-01-2010, 02:19 PM

profile gallery send pm

You know what would be really awesome? If someone used all the Cookies 4 Kids templates for their album. Lots of variety to keep it interesting!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am also combining the December Daily and Journal Your Christmas. I am hoping to stick with it this year!! I did my first page!

I have started making some templates, and am about half way through!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I still have a few pages to finish for last year's album but I want to play again this year. I don't want it to be simply a December Daily because I'm doing p365. Trying to figure a different "take" on this year's album. Last year I concentrated upon a lot of our traditions. Not sure I can swing a purchase of Journal Your Christmas this year (especially since I had to skip the Black Friday sale and my car broke down last weekend and I just got it back today). I'm open to suggestions.