Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-02-2021, 08:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I've Made a Huge Mistake!

I'm still working on my 2019 pocket album, and it takes me forever, even though it's minimal embellishing, just because there are so many decisions to make with each pocket. Each month is usually four pages, but it will take me a whole week to work on it little bits at a time.

So, yesterday, when I discovered that I had done pages for July AND August TWICE, I nearly died. That's like a waste of two weeks of my scrapping life!!

Now, even though I'm tired to death of pocket pages, I am considering doing 2021 in pocket style just so that I don't waste the pages I've already made but don't use. Or maybe I should put both sets in my printed album. Hard decisions.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I feel for you! First off, I think it is so admirable to keep up with such a big project and I know your kids, and their kids, are going to appreciate that you did, but to do things twice just stinks.

I personally love the pocket style for yearly albums because I think it is more doable than any other weekly scrapping style.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh, man. I have accidentally done a page twice before too, but not that many in a row. How frustrating.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, I can imagine how frustrating it is to waste time like that, especially on such a big and time consuming project! Is there any chance of being able to make some small changes and then use the pages for September and another month?
Old 11-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! That's frustrating! I made two pages for my Disney book (still unfinished...from 2016!) and it turns out that I had already made both of them. They were so similar, too, lol. I must have experienced (& ignored!) deja vu while making them
Old 11-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! So sorry you wasted your scrapping time. I have forgotten to check things off my list after making the page before. It's frustrating.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Your album looks great! I would put both sets in my printed album.

And..I LOVE pocket pages
Old 11-03-2021, 09:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, you're doing a great job! I have rescrapped photos at times too, but I usually just put both pages in the album, even if they are exact same photos right next to each other. One page might have a tidbit of information that the other page doesn't have, or I like the colors or title better on one over the other. I figure I put the time into making 2 pages of the exact same topic, I'm going to print both pages too!
Old 11-03-2021, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's so frustrating but I think it's interesting to see the differences between the two. If you love them both, use them both! I'm facing that issue with a page I recently duplicated. I love both pages and they're very different so I'll prob stick both in the book.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! I feel for you!!
Old 11-04-2021, 07:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I admire your dedication, but for me pocket pages never stuck because it seems all we do is hockey... boring after a few pages LOL!!!

Old 11-04-2021, 10:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aww.. but they look amazing though!
Old 11-04-2021, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry, they look amazing. I can't keep up with my scrapping long enough to do a project life.
I have a folder of my photos that are a duplicate of my originals. When I am done scrapping something I can just delete the photos since my originals are untouched. It helps me to see an end to the dark, dark tunnel of photos to scrap.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is why I don't do projects...lol
Seriously though, I'm sorry you scrapped things twice, that does stink.

I just scrap my photos and at the end of the year I throw them in an album to be printed. Easy peasy.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow. Huge props. I'm only 12 years behind on my albums. I'm slowly making progress. I vote to use both in the same album.... let's be honest, there will be more releases of new product that you are going to want to use for next year... Count those months as extra love months! It builds good will for when the family starts working the last nerve. Your pages are absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Old 11-06-2021, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh sorry, how frustrating it could be! Your layout are really awesome even if I guess it didn't help you a lot but I hope you'll find time to finish your project as you wanted to do! Hugs
Old 11-06-2021, 10:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I appreciate everyone's encouragement!

And if I scrapped like you, Krista, I would love pocket pages, too, but embellishing is my kryptonite.

I would just use the extra pages for another month, but I've already scrapped all the months, so I'm putting the ones I don't use in an extra folder while I think about what I want to do. I haven't even started my 2021 album, so it's possible I'll use Erica's templates again. I love the end result of pocket pages, but I think that they also make me feel a little like I'm limited.

Since I've been sick the second half of this year, I probably won't even be able to make a two page spread per month, which makes me sad at my lack of photos and stories, but on the bright side, I'm going to have a whole album's worth of layouts for my sick life. It's not going to be a nice album or anything, lol, but I really want to record the experience and my feelings about it so that I can really appreciate it when I'm well.