Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-31-2021, 03:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love the ideas of kits for snarky NYE resolutions and music concerts/festivals.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:39 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I know this is REALLY specific - but I'm a Radiation Therapist with a background in Radiologic Technology (Xray). Would someone be willing to make a healthcare kit based on these professions? Radiation signs, xrays, computers, masks (cuz Covid and all), scrubs, coffee, word art: Keep Calm and Beam On, Button Pusher, I like it in the dark, Kicking Cancers Butt, Healthcare Hero, Every Position Counts

If anyone wants to take this on, I can help! I know there's some other Xray girls up in here too!
Old 01-04-2022, 02:19 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have another request specifically for Flergs. A home building/home improvement collection. We've made a lot of changes to our house in the 4 years that we've been here, and I'd love a collection in the style that I usually scrap in to scrap those photos.

Maybe it could even be a Scrap Your Stories theme with Kristin - that would be heaven lol, my 2 favourite designers.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:38 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Maybe a Canada Kit that's general and a small add-on pack per province that can be picked up separately??

I'm not sure if I can describe well, but think your rugged outdoors kits, natural, nature, beauty, mountains, lakes, prairies, beaches (but not tropical ones), can't forget the ice and snow, provincial parks & flags. There's also the route of what the provinces are known for.... gold, potatoes, lighthouses, fishing industry, oil industry, farming.... Canadian Pop culture would be another good theme to build around. I dunno..... I LOVE the Canada Day Kits that designers always comes up with, and enjoy the stereotypical elements (cause they do exist for sure), I just always feel like there's more to "show off"
This is exactly what I was going to suggest - a general Canada kit with province add-ons so some very province-specific buildings, attractions etc. could be included. I'm in a suburb outside of Toronto so I'd love to see some Toronto things like the GO Train, CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium for when we've done daytrips with the kids. But we also do daytrips to Niagara Falls and rent cottages in northern Ontario plus we were in BC this summer and have lots of photos of the mountains, beaches, trees etc. We have plans to go to PEI this summer so that's a whole other load of photos with lobsters, beaches, lighthouses, Anne of Green Gables and more!

For other kits, I really need some more Marvel kits and specifically Spiderman. My daughter is obsessed with Marvel so I've got photos from all the movies plus all the shows on Disney+. I would love to see a kit that is dedicated to Spiderman!!

Love the idea of more game night/card night kits - and maybe going beyond family game night into friend game nights. We've also been playing a lot of Mexican Train Dominoes, rummoli, Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples, Scattergories, Taboo, and Quirkle.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Wendy and I have this chicken farm collection

And Erica and I did this Empty Nesters Collection
Old 01-11-2022, 11:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Nicole View Post
I know this is REALLY specific - but I'm a Radiation Therapist with a background in Radiologic Technology (Xray). Would someone be willing to make a healthcare kit based on these professions? Radiation signs, xrays, computers, masks (cuz Covid and all), scrubs, coffee, word art: Keep Calm and Beam On, Button Pusher, I like it in the dark, Kicking Cancers Butt, Healthcare Hero, Every Position Counts

If anyone wants to take this on, I can help! I know there's some other Xray girls up in here too!
I think I'd love to add this to my Doctor's Visit series
Old 01-12-2022, 12:09 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegCreations View Post
I think I'd love to add this to my Doctor's Visit series
I agree! I was thinking the same thing when I was reading through her ideas for the kit. I've had so many x-rays, MRI's, CAT scans, sonograms that I could use the kit to document some of my journey through my illness. ---so a few patient side expressions/elements for the same kit would be great to make it adaptable to more of us.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
I have another request specifically for Flergs. A home building/home improvement collection. We've made a lot of changes to our house in the 4 years that we've been here, and I'd love a collection in the style that I usually scrap in to scrap those photos.

Maybe it could even be a Scrap Your Stories theme with Kristin - that would be heaven lol, my 2 favourite designers.
This is a fabulous idea! I love the Scrap Your Stories kits!!!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-12-2022, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need a boys gymnastics kit...tumbling, trampolines, floor stuff, flipping and cartwheels etc. We have a girly one but I need a boy one.

I also would love to see bowling and pool (pool ball/cue etc) kits
Old 01-19-2022, 08:12 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default 2022 kit ideas

So I’m super interested in Flergs creating an Encanto kit for the Remember the Magic series because I’m OBSESSED and I need to scrap it

Last edited by supergirljen; 01-19-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirljen View Post
So I’m super interested in Flergs creating an Encanto kit for the Remember the Magic series because I’m OBSESSED and I need to scrap it
We are also obsessed with this movie! My 23 year old daughter is in the kitchen doing her lesson planning and singing the songs right now!!!! LOL

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-19-2022, 09:55 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Speaking of Flergs & RTM - would love to see more updated world showcase kits. Especially need France (new ride Ratatouille & 2 new restaurants, Space 220 & La Creperie) & Italy (took a ton of photos of dd).

�� Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow, whoa��
Old 01-22-2022, 05:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I could use a funko pop kit. My boys collect them( mostly disney and Marvel).
And we visit the big funko pop store in L.A.
Got pictures from there, was like a museum for us 😉
Old 01-22-2022, 09:23 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
good question, not sure.

My part of Ontario is known for the Underground Railroad, Rum Runners and we can get all 4 seasons in a week but it is flat and not very scenic. Yes, people Ontario exists past Toronto and London, lol. Northern Ontario is woodsy, ie Algonquin Park, Muskoka. Quebec is beautiful and has great food along with a lot of festivals. Out east is supposed to be very pretty (next on my bucket list) with colorful houses, fishing villages, Viking history. That's all I got, not much help I know.
I hear ya, I am from Manitoba and the western provinces often get forgotten as well. I would love some Canadian East Coast kits (having done all the provinces except Newfoundland/Labordour) Niagara Falls would be a great one as well as the popular sightseeing spots in Ottawa, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI. I would also love a prairies kit, with tall grasses, wheat fields, water activities like kyacking, water skiing, fishing and tubing.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:26 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I need a boys gymnastics kit...tumbling, trampolines, floor stuff, flipping and cartwheels etc. We have a girly one but I need a boy one.

I also would love to see bowling and pool (pool ball/cue etc) kits
Great ideas, don't forget Glow in the Dark Bowling!
Old 01-22-2022, 09:29 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniW View Post
This is exactly what I was going to suggest - a general Canada kit with province add-ons so some very province-specific buildings, attractions etc. could be included. I'm in a suburb outside of Toronto so I'd love to see some Toronto things like the GO Train, CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium for when we've done daytrips with the kids. But we also do daytrips to Niagara Falls and rent cottages in northern Ontario plus we were in BC this summer and have lots of photos of the mountains, beaches, trees etc. We have plans to go to PEI this summer so that's a whole other load of photos with lobsters, beaches, lighthouses, Anne of Green Gables and more!

For other kits, I really need some more Marvel kits and specifically Spiderman. My daughter is obsessed with Marvel so I've got photos from all the movies plus all the shows on Disney+. I would love to see a kit that is dedicated to Spiderman!!

Love the idea of more game night/card night kits - and maybe going beyond family game night into friend game nights. We've also been playing a lot of Mexican Train Dominoes, rummoli, Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples, Scattergories, Taboo, and Quirkle.
I Love Niagara Falls, don't forget some wine touring kits and bike adventures, sometimes together.
We love games too, we play cribbage, scrabble, monopoly, payday, Yahtzee.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I need a Starbucks kit... ya know "Starbucks" because I have a serious problem I need to document right now lmao.

Old 01-28-2022, 11:59 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniW View Post
We have plans to go to PEI this summer so that's a whole other load of photos with lobsters, beaches, lighthouses, Anne of Green Gables and more!
I am totally obsessed with Anne of Green Gables right now. All my life my mom told me to read it and I never did. I finally picked it up a few weeks ago and really adore it. I can totally relate to Anne and completely understand why my mom told me to read the book. It only took 55 years to listen.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

30 th aniversarykit for Disneyland Paris, wich is april 12 😊
Old 01-29-2022, 06:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hey, y'all - you asked, and Laura delivered!

Quote:
I need a Starbucks kit... ya know "Starbucks" because I have a serious problem I need to document right now lmao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
I second the singles kit and the Starbucks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
Ik like the idea for a starbuckskit that was mentioned

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 01-29-2022, 06:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I don't know if anyone will bite on this one, but I would love a cannabis themed kit. Like medical/every day lifestyle kind of kit not tie dye and munchies.
Pssssssst! Just in case you missed it, Amanda and Laura released this on 8 January:

Old 01-29-2022, 06:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Weekly recap templates that don't have to follow traditional Project life parameters--they don't have to have pockets or use cards or even be grid-like. Am I totally crazy? I don't want to stop doing my weekly pages, but I am so tired of the way I've been doing it for years and years. Does ANYONE have any new ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Second the weekly recaps! I am sooooooooooo behind on weekly pages - like years because I'm on the hunt for a fresh take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
YES!! A fresh take on this would be amazing!!!
New weekly/monthly recap templates served up since the start of the year:

Old 01-29-2022, 06:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to chime in here with a couple requests...

A young grandparent kit. My husband and I love spending time with our five grandkids and they are some of my favorite little photo and scrapbooking subjects - but I can't find kits about grandparents & grandchildren that aren't styled elderly. Those are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I'm 45 and my husband is 55. We actively go and do things with the kids.

As part of that, any word art pieces that would let you customize grandparent names would be fantastic. A piece that talks about "being a grandmother" wouldn't need it, but one that says "my favorite people call me Grandma" would. Because we all go by different names - Grandma, Gram, Oma, Nana, Mamaw, Gigi, Mimi, etc... or in my case, Amma.

A modern game night kit to scrapbook the gatherings of older teens and adults where we play games like Scattergories, Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanities, Hogwarts Battle, Code Words, etc. Word art that embodies the trash talking that inevitably happens as the evening goes on. Even an ellie of a smartphone since some group games are now played around the table using our phones and camera rolls.

Adult surgery & recovery. Not geared toward any specific illness, but something generic that could cover everything from a spinal fusion to a rotator cuff replacement to an eye surgery to a sinus surgery or a hysterectomy. Both hospital stay and outpatient, stuff about anaesthesia (I've got pics of my husband super loopy!) and pain meds, resting and recovery and being bored, word art both about being nervous and about being ready to get it done with, complications, etc.

Too much togetherness. About the realities of the last couple years when it comes to more than one person working from home at the same time ... remembering you love each other even when you're sick of seeing each other. Maybe an art journaling kit?

Thanks!

Last edited by angiekey; 01-29-2022 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:19 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

thanks for the plugs, angie! xo

Old 01-29-2022, 04:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post
thanks for the plugs, angie! xo
But of course! I'm going to try and remember to circle back to this thread each time kits are released that were requested here and notify the original requestors in case they miss it on release weekend.

There's so many things I love about the phenomenal designers here at the Sweet Shoppe, and one of the biggest is how you listen and respond to what we ask for!

Old 01-29-2022, 04:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
But of course! I'm going to try and remember to circle back to this thread each time kits are released that were requested here and notify the original requestors in case they miss it on release weekend.

There's so many things I love about the phenomenal designers here at the Sweet Shoppe, and one of the biggest is how you listen and respond to what we ask for!

Got the starbuckskit 😉
Old 01-30-2022, 11:06 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

angie- love your 'grandma' name my youngest calls his daddy 'Ahda' - always has. lol

Old 01-30-2022, 03:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

**SOFTBALL (PLEASE NOT Pink & Purple! Our team colors are red, white, and black, but I'm sure most teams are not just pink and purple. My daughter played softball from age 5 up to 17 and my husband even played fast-pitch men's softball for decades!)
**BASEBALL
**CROSS COUNTRY
(you know, the running sport my two teenagers do for some odd reason! They run 5 miles for fun! LOL)
**BABY & TODDLER (even though my kids are older, I have lots of baby pics that I haven't loved the kit I scrapped them with.)
**HISTORICAL SITES (Gettysburg, etc.)
**MILITARY MUSEUMS (MILITARY SHIPS, MILITARY PLANES, MEMORABILIA, WW II DAYS)
**ANTIQUE CAR/CAR MUSEUM/CAR SHOWS

Last edited by 3BluEyedBabi; 01-30-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
**SOFTBALL (PLEASE NOT Pink & Purple! Our team colors are red, white, and black, but I'm sure most teams are not just pink and purple. My daughter played softball from age 5 up to 17 and my husband even played fast-pitch men's softball for decades!)
[B]**BASEBALL
Here are few baseball and softball kits

This one has softball elements in it

This one has softball elements in it too

Old 01-31-2022, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm going to chime in here with a couple requests...

A young grandparent kit. My husband and I love spending time with our five grandkids and they are some of my favorite little photo and scrapbooking subjects - but I can't find kits about grandparents & grandchildren that aren't styled elderly. Those are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I'm 45 and my husband is 55. We actively go and do things with the kids.

As part of that, any word art pieces that would let you customize grandparent names would be fantastic. A piece that talks about "being a grandmother" wouldn't need it, but one that says "my favorite people call me Grandma" would. Because we all go by different names - Grandma, Gram, Oma, Nana, Mamaw, Gigi, Mimi, etc... or in my case, Amma.
Second that great idea! My parents aren't that old too and the beautiful kit for grand parents doesn't really match!
And totally agree with a one we could customize!
I love your grandma's name Angie, Amma so beautiful! Does it come from somewhere?
Old 02-01-2022, 11:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
I love your grandma's name Angie, Amma so beautiful! Does it come from somewhere?
It's Icelandic for grandmother, but I have no particular connection to that culture. I was just desperate to find a grandmother name and stumbled across it at the 11th hour, so to speak, and I loved the way it sounded. I scrapbooked the full story here:

Old 02-02-2022, 11:04 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

what a cool story, angie! i've been trying to figure out what i want my aunt name to be...my youngest sister is expecting.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:26 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
It's like Costco ... you don't go to Costco with a list, you go to Costco and Costco tells you what you need. Same with the Sweet Shoppe lol
Lol...so true!
Old 02-05-2022, 01:06 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I'd love to see a Galentine's Day kit! Not sure if it has been mentioned...
Old 02-05-2022, 01:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
I'd love to see a Galentine's Day kit! Not sure if it has been mentioned...
traci has this:

http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/sw...73&cat=&page=1

Old 02-06-2022, 09:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's Icelandic for grandmother, but I have no particular connection to that culture. I was just desperate to find a grandmother name and stumbled across it at the 11th hour, so to speak, and I loved the way it sounded. I scrapbooked the full story here:

Oh just see your answer Angie! Love this story so much! You choose a really beautiful grandmother name, it sounds so beautiful!
Thank you to share your layout with the whole story, I think this name seems perfect for you!
Old 02-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post
OMG Thank you, Laura!!! I love it!
Old 02-06-2022, 06:02 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Dog man - that is all my kid reads!
Old 02-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Second that great idea! My parents aren't that old too and the beautiful kit for grand parents doesn't really match!
And totally agree with a one we could customize!
Sine I am still under 55 and raising my 7 yo gs I need a kit to reflect this
Old 02-08-2022, 12:16 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

For years, I've been wishing for a realistic looking kit that would work for scrapping Spanish missions and historical sites from Texas across the Southwestern U.S. through to California.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I could use something like that for european cities.
Scrapping Rome right now, but the italian kits are a lot about food, or with the colors of the flag.
But the buildings in the city have faded colors.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
I could use something like that for european cities.
Scrapping Rome right now, but the italian kits are a lot about food, or with the colors of the flag.
But the buildings in the city have faded colors.
I used these type of kits for my Italian pictures. You can search my gallery if you need inspiration. They are all named Europe Page (and then numbered). You'll get some Czech Republic ones, too, though.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I used these type of kits for my Italian pictures. You can search my gallery if you need inspiration. They are all named Europe Page (and then numbered). You'll get some Czech Republic ones, too, though.
Thanks for the tip 👍
Old 02-23-2022, 10:48 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I’d love a Big Brother kit, even if it’s a mini one. The Celebrity edition finale was tonight (sad), but the summer season isn’t too far away!
Old 02-24-2022, 01:45 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I second a glamping kit! I could use one for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Second the weekly recaps! I am sooooooooooo behind on weekly pages - like years because I'm on the hunt for a fresh take.

I could use more themed kits on school subjects... biology/dissections, debate, languages (if it included Latin, I would love you forever... ), writing papers, etc

At least one kit on camping that has Class A RV in it... many have trailers or tent camping... but I'm a glamper!
Old 03-02-2022, 06:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
**BASEBALL
**CROSS COUNTRY
(you know, the running sport my two teenagers do for some odd reason! They run 5 miles for fun! LOL)
**BABY & TODDLER (even though my kids are older, I have lots of baby pics that I haven't loved the kit I scrapped them with.)
**HISTORICAL SITES (Gettysburg, etc.)
**MILITARY MUSEUMS (MILITARY SHIPS, MILITARY PLANES, MEMORABILIA, WW II DAYS)
**ANTIQUE CAR/CAR MUSEUM/CAR SHOWS
DID YOU ALL SEE THERE IS A CAR SHOW KIT IN THE SNEAK PEEKS FOR THIS WEEK?!?!?
Old 03-02-2022, 06:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

it's a good one, too

Quote:
DID YOU ALL SEE THERE IS A CAR SHOW KIT IN THE SNEAK PEEKS FOR THIS WEEK?!?!?

Old 03-02-2022, 06:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnenuit View Post
For years, I've been wishing for a realistic looking kit that would work for scrapping Spanish missions and historical sites from Texas across the Southwestern U.S. through to California.
kelly bangs creative has lots of great state kits

http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/sw...43&cat=&page=1

http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/sw...70&cat=&page=1

Old 03-04-2022, 03:46 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

this is oddly specific but i'm wishing for a beatles kit (that isn't a specific era or album). i've been using a combo of england and rock music kits, but would love something that had papers and elements specific to the beatles in it.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Nicole View Post

PSSSST! Just in case you miss the newsletter this week, be sure to check the Shoppe for the newest collection by Meagan's Creations: Doctor's Visit: Radiology!