Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-07-2022, 01:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default hello my username is...

Today is fun facts about names day and that got me wondering about everyone's usernames? Tell us how to pronounce it and how you came up with it.

Mine is pronounced just like it's spelt, keep scrappin. Back when I first started scrapbooking I would search online for fun titles and had to have a username for some of the groups. I picked keepscrappin to remind me to always keep scrappin!

Last edited by keepscrappin; 03-08-2022 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine is simple. It's pronounced lizzie jay. I wanted lizj, but someone at the very first website had already taken that, so I changed it to lizzie, which is my nickname from decades ago.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Renata is my first name.
Sluis is were i live.
I think it's not easy to say that in English 🤔
Old 03-07-2022, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great question!!
Nothing too exciting here...it is just my name and 27. 27 is important to me and my husband. We started dating on the 27 of Feb, the phone number where we met had a 27 in it. His zip code ended in 27, social has a 27 in it. So We got married on the 27th of July. We see 27 a lot and keep it special
Old 03-07-2022, 02:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's just my name, and it's phonetic (which hasn't kept people from mispronouncing it my entire life).

My maiden name and married names have also been phonetic and also constantly mispronounced.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My name is Dawn Marchant but Dawn and DawnM were taken so I went with DawnMarch. There is some debate in the family about how to pronounce our last name but it pronounced in the English pronunciation (like merchant) rather than the a French pronunciation (like Marshand).
Old 03-07-2022, 03:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My username, Cherylny, is a shortened version of CherylNDesigns, which was my original watermark for my photographs. When I deleted my FB account then had to go back on for CT work, I couldn't use Cherylndesigns for some reason. They "suggested" cherylny and I kind of liked it. I always use some form of this on message boards.

Old 03-07-2022, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

mamabee... as it looks. No reason, when I first started scrapping, I had no clue what to use for a user name. I saw many have mama and the name of their child or mommy of a number. I didn't know I was just have one child at the time, so I went with mama and "bee" for the letter B. My mom and husband call me Beck. (I typically go with Rebecca for those that don't know me... Reba for those that do... Becca if I knew you in high school... Becky if from childhood or family).
Old 03-07-2022, 03:29 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Um. Yeah. It's my name. I added the underscore because plain old "Karen" was already taken. Lol. Nothing secret here.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Bienejen was my college assigned user name - first 5 of my last name, first 3 of my first. It was just easy to use. Pronounced Bean-a-jen
Old 03-07-2022, 03:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

laura-bo-baura lol

Old 03-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

It's fun to learn about these! Thanks Kayla!

Mine is just the first 4 letters of my first name and first 4 of my last name. Not too exciting lol.

Old 03-07-2022, 04:16 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Mine goes back 22 years when I was a member of a yohoogroup dedicated to the Havanese breed of dogs. We had a chat and most people used the beginning of the word Havanese (hava) and their dogs name so we would know who it was since everyone knew us by our dog names.

My Havanese at the time was named Pepper. His AKC name was Dr Pepper after my favorite drink (still is). So I called myself HavaDrPepper on that chat. Then as I started getting active on other forums I kept using that name and was lucky enough to get that when I signed up for my gmail account.

Many people (some that know me and some that don't) thought it meant "Hav A Dr Pepper" as a nod to my favorite drink. Even though Pepper was named after Dr Pepper, it was only because he was a black dog and pepper (the spice) is black, my screen name is because of him. There is a story about how he got that name as well!
Old 03-07-2022, 04:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

City + my first name .... people still misspell my name, even though it's part my username, lol.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Mine is pretty simple. iScrap because I do indeed... scrap. lol
Old 03-07-2022, 06:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

When I was 19 in the late 90s, it was all the rage to have a silly user name like I have. Someone already had lovely1 so I added the m cause it's my first initial. Stupidly enough I am still using that silly username everywhere cause it's available. lol
Old 03-07-2022, 06:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

JoCee... my first name is Jodine but I prefer Jo and my surname is Corne... hence the C... lol
Old 03-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine is related to my hubby & I's original shared email way back in the early days of email accounts. When we set up the email, his name plus last name initial was already taken, so we added 777 to make it original. My original forum name was the shortened version of our email (and was an obviously male name) - I didn't really care since I was primarily at SSD to shop =) When I came back to SSD after a break, I decided to just change it to my name with the same extension. Pronounced STEF - SEE - 777
Old 03-07-2022, 08:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine is just my first and middle names together. I am just Stacy in every day life (unless my mother was yelling at me then it was all my names...lol)
But a funny story, my middle name is not very unique in my family... we allllll have the same middle name.... Robin Lynn, Stacy Lynn, Tera Lynn and Jamie Lynn....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-07-2022, 08:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just my name!

Old 03-07-2022, 08:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My very first email account way back in high school- like email was JUST becoming a thing- was amien1@... Amie + N for my maiden last name+ 1 because amien was already taken. I've just never changed it cause why not!? (I also have the same cell phone number since 1999 when the original nokia phone came out! I left for college & my mom made me get a phone for traveling by myself!)
Old 03-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
My mom and husband call me Beck. (I typically go with Rebecca for those that don't know me... Reba for those that do... Becca if I knew you in high school... Becky if from childhood or family).
My uncle, my childhood neighbors, and everyone I went to college with call me Becca. My other uncle (and my old piano teacher, haha) calls me Becky, anyone else who assumes I go by Becky is quickly corrected. A handful of people call me Bec. My old summer camp co-workers still use our 'camp names' when we talk to each other, (after 20 years) so they call me Buster. And, outside of that, I"m mostly called Rebecca. (my husband pretty much always calls me 'baby' and if he calls me by name, he says Rebecca and I always, always think he's mad at me if he calls me Rebecca--I'm usually right, haha).
When I sign Christmas cards, etc., I always stop to think 'how do I sign this card?' haha.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine is knitting bec. When I went to London in college, since my name is Rebecca and most of my friends at that time called me Becca or Bec, I got a kick out of the tube station "Tooting Bec". I wanted to use that as a username, I (wisely) decided that it might not be what I'd want to have forever, haha. I had just learned to knit so I went with Knitting Bec. 20 years later, I am glad that I didn't go with Tooting, haha.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love this thread!

Mine is TJ (the letters) Scraps ... TJ for my initials - Trina J, and Scraps, cuz I do. I changed my username probably 6-7 years ago, previous to that it was slurpeegirl13 - I loved slurpees, and my favourite number is 13, but I figured my username should grow up a bit so used my initials. It works!

Old 03-07-2022, 11:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is my nickname, my full name is Alidalis

Old 03-08-2022, 08:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine is a nickname. My first name is Joanne, of course I get Jo, but my brother shortened it even more, to just the letter ‘j’. I had to use more than one letter in the forums so I just spelled it how it sounds ‘jaye’ and liked the look of all lower case.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Such a funny topic! I learn a lot reading you!
Mine came with searching something with the word Scrap. I didn't want to use my first name so I went with Scrap-therapy as I really think Scrapbooking can bring you this. Now I have fun when I scrap a scrap therapy layout as it became my pseudo!lol!
My first name is Emily, maybe I should have used it but I admit I like Scrap-therapy for now!
Old 03-08-2022, 09:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine is a combo of my nickname and my middle name: Allyson Ann, so Allyanne, and with an "e" because that is usually more available and also because of Anne with an E, lol.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My name, I have used Eyeore at other sites where Stefanie has already been taken - but with the "F" it's not that common.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not very good when it comes to being creative with names so mine is just the state where I live and my name. I'm from Texas, born and raised, and my name is Corey. So I became tx corey. When I was working in the corporate environment and made lots of phone calls to vendors, it didn't take them long to figure out when I was calling because I do have that Texas drawl, so it became kind of a funny thing.

Old 03-08-2022, 02:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
Great question!!
Nothing too exciting here...it is just my name and 27. 27 is important to me and my husband. We started dating on the 27 of Feb, the phone number where we met had a 27 in it. His zip code ended in 27, social has a 27 in it. So We got married on the 27th of July. We see 27 a lot and keep it special
Kimberly I love that!
Old 03-08-2022, 02:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was going to explain that luan37 is the first part of my email address then realized I changed my username a bit ago! haha luan being a name I created when I was younger and really liked how it sounded and 37 because that was the start of my zip code.

Then I changed to Leablahblah. Léa being my first name (pronounced like Princess Leia from Star Wars)
and also because growing up my neighbor had a collection of Garbage Pail Kids cards and one of them was Léa bla-bla (literal translation Lea blah-blah) = who talks too much and she gets her tongue stuck in the window. It really stuck with me.

Old 03-08-2022, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pronounced "three blue-eyed babies" because I have three kids that were babies when I started digital scrapping and they all have their Daddy's beautiful blue eyes! Although, the "E-S" seems to be cut off ...guess it's too long.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:36 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Pachee is how you say the first part of my last name, and Mac is for the fact that I am a Mac girl through and through. I bleed Apple.

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I was going to explain that luan37 is the first part of my email address then realized I changed my username a bit ago! haha luan being a name I created when I was younger and really liked how it sounded and 37 because that was the start of my zip code.

Then I changed to Leablahblah. Léa being my first name (pronounced like Princess Leia from Star Wars)
and also because growing up my neighbor had a collection of Garbage Pail Kids cards and one of them was Léa bla-bla (literal translation Lea blah-blah) = who talks too much and she gets her tongue stuck in the window. It really stuck with me.

Love the garbage pail kid...oh man I remember those crazy things. I had so many of them. Not sure what happened to them
Old 03-08-2022, 07:40 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My name is Virginie (nie pronunced like "ni"cotin lol) but all my friends call me Nini (especially in Japan where my name is butchered by the Japanese pronunciation lol)
So I started to play with that and thought about Nini's gone crazy for digiscrap and ended up with ninigoesdigi. I thought it was better not so publicly admit I was crazy lol
And it has to be all lowercase all attached. I have to admit it annoys me when people credit me by making a sentence out of my username lol. It's just my digi OCD kicking in I guess.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
My username, Cherylny, is a shortened version of CherylNDesigns, which was my original watermark for my photographs. When I deleted my FB account then had to go back on for CT work, I couldn't use Cherylndesigns for some reason. They "suggested" cherylny and I kind of liked it. I always use some form of this on message boards.
I don't know why but I always think it's Cheryl in NY.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Bienejen was my college assigned user name - first 5 of my last name, first 3 of my first. It was just easy to use. Pronounced Bean-a-jen
Thanks for giving the pronunciation. I saying it wrong!
Old 03-09-2022, 04:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post
laura-bo-baura lol
love it and now I'm singing banana fana bo bana...
Old 03-09-2022, 04:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Love this thread!

Mine is TJ (the letters) Scraps ... TJ for my initials - Trina J, and Scraps, cuz I do. I changed my username probably 6-7 years ago, previous to that it was slurpeegirl13 - I loved slurpees, and my favourite number is 13, but I figured my username should grow up a bit so used my initials. It works!
i like slurpeegirl13 too... who doesn't like a slurpee, right! but i can see why you wanted to change it, so peeps wouldn't think you were a 13 year old who loves slurpees.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Such a funny topic! I learn a lot reading you!
Mine came with searching something with the word Scrap. I didn't want to use my first name so I went with Scrap-therapy as I really think Scrapbooking can bring you this. Now I have fun when I scrap a scrap therapy layout as it became my pseudo!lol!
My first name is Emily, maybe I should have used it but I admit I like Scrap-therapy for now!
I agree that scrappin is great therapy. I joke with my husband that my scrappin is better than any medicine/drug and a lot cheaper and help me better too.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post

Thanks for giving the pronounciation and the blah blah and tongue stuck in the window is too funny!
Old 03-09-2022, 04:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, mine is easy...I'm the sweetest gal around! lol Just kidding!
I am awful at coming up with usernames.
Since this is the Sweet Shoppe and my name is Charlene, I went with SweetChar. Now, no one "in real life" calls me Char. Not regularly. But, I often put Char instead of Charlene to shorten it up for usernames.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
I agree that scrappin is great therapy. I joke with my husband that my scrappin is better than any medicine/drug and a lot cheaper and help me better too.
I totally agree with you and that’s a joke I did too but I’m the only scrapper in my family so not sure they really understand!
I really like the story of your pseudo, just quite logical and funny.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:02 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
Great question!!
How cool! Hubby and I have something with number 23! He was 23 when we met, our first apartment was number 23 and had 23 in the zip code, hubby is a huge Michael Jordan fan (number 23)
and this year we are celebrating 23 years together

My user name is just my first name
Old 03-10-2022, 11:29 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My current username is my design name, but before I became a designer here, my username was Loriebug66. It's pronounced just how it looks.

Loriebug was my childhood nickname, which was usually just shortened to Bug, and 66 is the year I was born. I use Loriebug66 for just about everything.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjam View Post
How cool! Hubby and I have something with number 23! He was 23 when we met, our first apartment was number 23 and had 23 in the zip code, hubby is a huge Michael Jordan fan (number 23)
and this year we are celebrating 23 years together

My user name is just my first name
This is so cool! Love it!! I randomly see 27s out and take photos of them...not always but I smile when I see them. Hubby and I met at 17, married at 23. <3 Next year will be 27 years together as a couple! EEK! So fun!!
Old 03-10-2022, 05:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My name is Anastasia, but one of my nicknames is Stasia.

When I was in college, my roommate told me, "You're not extraordinary, you're Stasianary!" And I loved it so much, that I made it my username for everything.

Bonus, stasianary sounds like stationery, so I used it when I did a lot of paper crafting/card making. I love that it also sounds like a cool company-type name!

41. Seattle
Old 03-10-2022, 06:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I really enjoyed reading about your user names/names!!
I'm craftytam. I used that way back in the 90s when I thought I wanted to start a craft business. Crafty, because I craft, and Tam has been my nickname my whole life.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:13 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Mine is a nickname that happens to be my full first name. My first name is hyphenated like Leigh-Anne or Mary-Sue but everyone calls me Lily and only use my full first name, Lily-Rose as a nickname. I dropped the hyphen for my username. Lol, we humans are strange.