Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 11-24-2023, 01:00 PM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,930
Default Decorate for Christmas

When do you decorate for Christmas?

I think we are going to get started today
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-24-2023, 02:57 PM
HeideC's Avatar
HeideC HeideC is offline
Sweets
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Panhandle, Florida
Posts: 265
Default

This is a very difficult time for me. First Christmas season with no family due to a divorce. I miss decorating with my grandkids especially the one I raised for 8 years. I will be scrapbooking all of the past pictures soon (since I bought so many kits today) and gift that to him in the future. But for now, I bought a very small tree, ornaments of my absolute favorite color and started the decorating last night. I am following my grandmother's tradition now of only using one color on the tree. I used to love that as a child and am hoping it will help me get into the season.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2023, 07:10 PM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 7,147
Default

Outside a week or two before Thanksgiving, to try and take advantage of the nicer weather.

Usually this weekend inside, but with Keira being away at college, we started on Wednesday, but will decorate the tree and finish everything up tomorrow. I've got to take her back to school on Sunday.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2023, 07:42 PM
3BluEyedBabi's Avatar
3BluEyedBabi 3BluEyedBabi is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 1,442
Default

Um, I have been decorated for Christmas. I started on November 1! My kids have to finish their tree since the lights went out, we had to take them off and since my daughter is home from college, I'm hoping she will have time to add her ornaments. We have been buying the kids their own ornaments every year that they put on their own tree and then we have one in the living room with more traditional ornaments. I do have add some more decorations to the kitchen, though. My son decorated outside with lights and I did the greenery in pots, made some wreaths, and decorated the olds sleds we put on the porch.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2023, 07:50 PM
AmieN1's Avatar
AmieN1 AmieN1 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,883
Default

Honestly, I've been getting a little out since before halloween! I LOVE Christmas tho! I put both our trees up a few weeks ago and just did the lights on the house last week. It's a lot, so I think it needs to be up long enough to be worth it and to enjoy it! And don't worry- we did Thanksgiving JUST FINE.... Turkey tastes the same with the tree up. Thanksgiving is a day, Christmas is a season. Etc Etc!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2023, 08:38 PM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,430
Default

We decorated today! I wanted to do it earlier but life got in the way. The oldest kid was off work today as was hubby so we got to work. It took all day but it is done and I can enjoy it now. Love having my Christmas decor up. <3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:05 PM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeideC View Post
This is a very difficult time for me.
Sending you hugs. I love your one color tree idea.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:06 PM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
We decorated today! I wanted to do it earlier but life got in the way. The oldest kid was off work today as was hubby so we got to work. It took all day but it is done and I can enjoy it now. Love having my Christmas decor up. <3
Hooray for being done!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:07 PM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Honestly, I've been getting a little out since before halloween! I LOVE Christmas tho! I put both our trees up a few weeks ago and just did the lights on the house last week. It's a lot, so I think it needs to be up long enough to be worth it and to enjoy it! And don't worry- we did Thanksgiving JUST FINE.... Turkey tastes the same with the tree up. Thanksgiving is a day, Christmas is a season. Etc Etc!!
I feel the same way- it is so much work so you need to make sure you maximize the time it is up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:08 PM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
Um, I have been decorated for Christmas. I started on November 1! My kids have to finish their tree since the lights went out, we had to take them off and since my daughter is home from college, I'm hoping she will have time to add her ornaments. We have been buying the kids their own ornaments every year that they put on their own tree and then we have one in the living room with more traditional ornaments. I do have add some more decorations to the kitchen, though. My son decorated outside with lights and I did the greenery in pots, made some wreaths, and decorated the olds sleds we put on the porch.
My Kids are asking when we are going to go out to buy their ornaments for the year
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:10 PM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Outside a week or two before Thanksgiving, to try and take advantage of the nicer weather.

Usually this weekend inside, but with Keira being away at college, we started on Wednesday, but will decorate the tree and finish everything up tomorrow. I've got to take her back to school on Sunday.
Hugs to you mama for having to take her back to school. IDK how I am going to handle that when the time comes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:44 PM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 901
Default

We put up the tree last night after dinner! I probably won't put up my Christmas Village until closer to next weekend.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:47 PM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,694
Default

I'm not feeling it this year. I wonder what would happen if I didn't decorate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-24-2023, 11:56 PM
HavaDrPepper's Avatar
HavaDrPepper HavaDrPepper is offline
So Sweet
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 383
Default

I've had a tabletop tree in my office since last year. I added a tree skirt to it yesterday.

I put another tabletop tree on a rolling cart I have in my dining room as well. And, the most important thing is a little scene I made in 2016 called "Christmas in Heaven". It has 2 dollhouse rocking chairs, 3 dollhouse dog beds, a small tree with gifts around it sitting on an embroidery "rug" I made over 30 years ago. I also have the "Christmas in Heaven" poem next to it. It signifies those most important to me that are no longer with me... my parents and 3 dogs I had in my life.

I have one other tree to put out but I will wait until Tuesday and have my cleaning lady help me. It is too heavy for me with my health issues right now.

The rest of my decorations are not going to be put out this year. I just wanted to get the ones that are the most important to me.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-25-2023, 02:48 PM
tjscraps's Avatar
tjscraps tjscraps is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,232
Default

I’m mostly done - our Thanksgiving is in October, I wait until after Nov 11 (Remembrance Day) out of respect and then decorate after that. I still have a tree to put decorations on but the rest is done.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-26-2023, 01:11 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 7,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeideC View Post
This is a very difficult time for me. First Christmas season with no family due to a divorce. I miss decorating with my grandkids especially the one I raised for 8 years. I will be scrapbooking all of the past pictures soon (since I bought so many kits today) and gift that to him in the future. But for now, I bought a very small tree, ornaments of my absolute favorite color and started the decorating last night. I am following my grandmother's tradition now of only using one color on the tree. I used to love that as a child and am hoping it will help me get into the season.
Hugs from me as well. The holidays can be tough when you are going through hard times, so approaching it using a cherished memory to start your own tradition is a great idea. Every time you look at that little tree, I hope think of your grandma and smile.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-26-2023, 01:13 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 7,324
Default

I am prepping for next Christmas with the new grandbaby, but this year I am keeping it simple with just a few holiday themed tier trays.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-27-2023, 01:55 AM
nietis's Avatar
nietis nietis is offline
Babe Lead
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 12,303
Default

I decided on a whim that today is a good day to take the tree out of the box, but I did not calculate how long it took just to have it all done. So, 1.5 hours later, the tree is up and the lights are on it, but no decoration just yet. Maybe tomorrow...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-27-2023, 11:42 AM
TraceyM's Avatar
TraceyM TraceyM is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1,710
Default

We don't decorate outside the house. But inside I will get everything up over the course of 2-3 days once hubby pulls it out from under the house and brings it inside. Yesterday I took down and packed up everything autumn in preparation for Christmas decorating. I like decorating because I get to be a 'designer' for each holiday!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs – The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative