Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Angry Please please please SLEEP!!!

Aaaahhhh! My little munchkin is driving me insane! It's 12.06 am and she is STILL not sleeping.

EVERY night she goes down at 8 and is asleep in minutes. But tonight she's been screaming her face off like she is in pain. We've given her the max dose of baby tylenol for her weight & age (1.5 ml), given her teething tablets AND gripe water, and still screaming. Tried giving her more milk, but she refused it. Tried giving her something to eat, refused. Elevated her bed on one end. That didn't help either. The only time she quiets down is when we are holding her, and even then she's still sobbing, just being quiet about it.

We took her in to the hospital, and guess what??? She was a perfect ANGEL, smiling and babbling at the nurses, not crying one tear. Didn't even make a fuss. So they sent us home because she didn't have a fever or anything, and didn't want to call in the doctor who's on call because she was being good (don't blame them for that). Anyways, we got her home, layed her down, and BAMMO! Screaming her face off again!!!

I don't know what to do! I know for sure I won't be doing much sleeping unless she falls asleep. Arrrrrrrghhhhhh!!!

Huge fan of:

Old 01-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Awww, hugs. I remember those days. Hopefully whe will wear herself out soon.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 01-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wait...they sent you home because she was being good?? No fever? Did anyone ever look in her ears? The only times my guys were inconsolable like that was teething (rare) and ear infections (common). Wow.

Jae, I hope she calms down soon and that whatever's bothering her goes away.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to jocelinsmommy

Did u try maybe changing her bedding..i know that sounds stupid but maybe there is something on it kinda sharp or something...or on here..change her pajamas etc...everything..just a suggestion or maybe a try...

Old 01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Oh sweetie...I hope you all got some sleep last night!!! Big hugs to you and your little one!!!! (((HUGS)))

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Wait...they sent you home because she was being good?? No fever? Did anyone ever look in her ears? The only times my guys were inconsolable like that was teething (rare) and ear infections (common). Wow.

Jae, I hope she calms down soon and that whatever's bothering her goes away.
Yah I know! I took her in for the specific reason for them to check her ears! All signs pointed to an infection, but the nurse just sat there and talked about how good & cute she was! No matter HOW much I emphasized that she NEVER screams like that, she refused to do anything. She just told us to go home and the doctor would be in at 11 am! Her exact words were "Well if she's got an ear infection tonight, she'll still have it in the morning, and I don't want to wake up the doctor"!!!!!! Stupid small town hospital!

I was mighty peeved. I finally went to bed at 12:30 and Ava cried on & off until 2 am, poor little munchkin. But she woke up happy as could be, played super good this morning, and is now tucked back into her crib having her nap (which involved no crying). I have NO idea what it was last night!

Huge fan of:

Old 01-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Awwww, poor Ava!! Sometimes they just DON'T wanna sleep when you put them down, lol...for no reason at all. Hopefully she makes up for it today (all day) and tonight!!