Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-03-2021, 10:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hi, everyone!

My name is Joanna Bains (cutiejo1 in the digi community.) I currently live in Michigan, US with my husband and two teenage daughters (18 and 15.) I’ve been scrapping for many, many years, starting with paper way back in 1999. I switched over to digital scrapbooking exclusively around 2005 and haven’t looked back!

I'm a big time clusterer at heart. So most of my pages will feature clusters. And most of the time I tend to use a good part of a kit on one page, maybe about 75%.

Recently, I've really enjoyed scrapping about my great niece who is now 2 months old. But, I still make pages for my own scrapbooks.

I think the most interesting thing I could tell you about myself is that I lived with my family for 2 years in Shanghai, China as an expat.

I've enjoyed reading about you all!
Old 05-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Hello! My name is Stephanie and we currently live in Pittsburgh but are moving to Boston this July.

I've been married to my husband for 18 years and we have twin sons who are 12 years old and in 6th grade. We also have two crazy dogs that like to bark at anything.

I love to read, crochet, scrapbook and travel. But most of my time right now is tied up in getting ready to move!
Old 05-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Hi y'all...my name is Jo and I live in the deep south, but I'm a Canadian transplant - lived in the states since I was 13 though.

I'm a mom and grandma. I have 4 children and 2 grands. My children are rather wide-spaced out - 30, 25, 22 and 17. The grands belong to my 30yo daughter.

I started off paper scrapping back years and years ago. I really need to get rid of some stuff!!! I've been digi scrapping since 2006 I think but I took a few years off as, well, life -it happens and things get pushed aside.

I started back this past February and I was really hitting my stride until April hit - what a month. I knew it was going to be busy (wedding I was organizing everything - food, decorations, all of it and also prom), but egads! Throw in there just for kicks and giggles my youngest having to go into the hospital because of med complications - right in the middle of the wedding rehearsal. So I wasn't able to participate like I was looking forward to for NSD...but it's all good...daughter is out of the hospital and I got some SSD goodies and I'm organizing them and May is a new month.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:19 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hi, I am Karen and live in western Canada. I am married to the love of my life for 35 years and a Mom of 2 adult boys and 1 grand-daughter.

I started paper scrapping in the 90's and switched to digital about 10 years ago. My family and travels are the focus of my scrapbooking.

I love to read, cycle and travel whenver I get the chance.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:31 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Hi! I'm Kim (tgmousechick). I live in Columbus, OH with my husband of almost 22 years and our merry band of misfits- daughter (18), son (14), and 2 kitties, Quartz and Moonstone.

I started paper scrapping in 1998 when I was attending graduate school in Utah, and learned digi around 2008-ish? I joined Sweet Shoppe in 2012 when I was part of the hybrid team for Sugarplum Paperie. I returned to scrapping last year during quarantine and made SSD my digi-home!

When not scrapbooking, I'm active with my kids' scout troops. I lead my daughter's Ambassador Girl Scout troop (next year is our last year- yikes!) and I'm coaxing her through the last hours of her Gold Award project. Also part of the Service Unit team and a National Delegate for our GS Council. For my son's troop, I'm the Advancement Chair and sit on Boards of Review for rank.

And then, when I'm not doing that, I'm a research associate at Nationwide Children's Hospital in the Center for Regenerative Medicine. Our lab is looking for constructs to reliably repair tracheal defects- so we're studying biological and synthetic materials and how to encourage regeneration of the cells on those materials. I get to do a lot of digital photography under the microscope!

Good to get to know everyone here!
Old 05-03-2021, 10:58 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

This has been fun reading and learning about everyone who posted.
My name is Megan and this year I celebrate 8 years married to my best friend. We dated off and on from 2007 until we got married in 2013. I have two adult daughters from previous relationships and they are my pride and joy. My husband and I have two fur babies that we just love - sisters as well - Georgie and Ender.

I turned 45 this year and am almost done with my Medical Billing and Coding certificate - yes, went back to school after spending 25 years in the admin field. I hope to graduate next Spring (2 classes at a time since I am also working).

I started out making signature tags in PSP 4 back in 2001 while on maternity leave with my youngest. I tried to scrapbook but instead became a hoader of stickers and papers. I took a class on how to make 4x6 mini albums and ended up having a small business back in 2007 selling those albums and then got accepted into art school in 2010 because of them. Who knew bookbinding was an art form, I do now!. I learned about digi scrapbooking in 2010 because of school and the site DeviantArt and being a part of those communities where we were challenged to create things with provided stock photos. I then stummbed into this world and haven't left. Now I hoard digitally!! HEHE

Let's see - we currently live in Tucson, AZ and hope to get out of here as soon as we can because we are tired of rocks, rocks and more rocks. We miss rain and grass. Not sure where we are headed next but it will be dependant on me getting a job in the medical coding field and my hubby getting a teaching job with an A&P school (Airframe and Power Plant - he works on Airplanes).

I love to read, learn and all things Korean Drama or Asian Fantasy movies/shows. I am learning how to draw in Procreate and am going to be creating D&D dice with my hubby and some friends this month. Oh, did I mention I am a total gamer geek.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for playing along, everyone.

This thread is now officially closed, I'll be back soon with the winner!

Old 05-04-2021, 05:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

And the winner is...

#19 - jema

Congratulations, I will PM you the prize.
I hope everyone enjoys all the iNSD fun here in Sweet Shoppe!

Old 05-04-2021, 05:44 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Jema.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

congrats Jema!
Old 05-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations!
Old 05-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Jema!!
Old 05-06-2021, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Jema!

It was so great getting to know everyone a little better!