Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default I was TRYING to make a point....

...but I totally failed. I am a busy woman. I'm a full-time student, help run the office and do the paperwork for our job, I do my design work, annnnnd I'm a mommy. The last thing I want to do at the end of the day is COOK. I've become very lazy about this... just warming up frozen stuff. Well, DH came to me with a proposition that if he did ALL the dishes all the time then I would actually cook every night. I thought that was a great deal because part of the reason I hate cooking is having to do the dishes ( we don't have a dishwasher, so everything is hand washed). So, I made some awesome, completely homemade meals the past 5 days. Has he done ANY dishes? NO! I was hoping that if I didn't do the dishes and kept making hints that he'd hold up his end of the deal THAT HE CAME UP WITH. Grrrr. I just caved and did the dishes because the sink smells and I have nothing to eat on.

Sigh.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL...typical of men, I swear! Sorry you ended up caving on HIS deal!

I would have just ended up picking a fight, lol...
Old 01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to amysum1

Gah! I think our husbands read the same handbook. I'm sorry. Here's what I'd do (cuz I'm twisted) I'd put all the dirty dishes on his side of the bed, carry them all up there and just plop them all over his pillows and everything, so he cant go to sleep unless he moves them.
Maybe? BUT, if he's like mine, he'll just push them all on the floor and forget about them. Never mind. Hugs sweetie!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I swear, Amy...men say they need a "handbook" for how to deal with women, but they all seem to know the same tricks about how to not do stuff. How does that work?!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'd eat off 1 single plate that I cleaned off for myself (I'd probably even just eat over the sink or a napkin). And when he complained that there were no plates or food, I'd tell him it wasn't my job to wash the dishes, so he should fix his own problem.

Or, I wouldn't cook until they were done. And when he complain he was hungry, explain again.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to amysum1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I'd eat off 1 single plate that I cleaned off for myself (I'd probably even just eat over the sink or a napkin). And when he complained that there were no plates or food, I'd tell him it wasn't my job to wash the dishes, so he should fix his own problem.

Or, I wouldn't cook until they were done. And when he complain he was hungry, explain again.

Loooooove this idea!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Also, on the handbook subject, why do I have to explain to Jordan how he needs to dress??
We're going to a tasting for teh reception tomorrow night, and I had to explain that he should NOT wear a long sleeve t-shirt to it. And then specify to bring a button down. I mean, really? I really have to spell that out for you??
Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That is the exact thing I would do!

*My Etsy*
Old 01-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I did tell him I wasn't going to cook until he did dishes... but I wanted to make myself more salsa and the table was FULL of dishes... so I had to do some if I wanted a place to cut up the veggies (we also do not have any counters....lol... my apartment is so ghetto).

Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
Well, I did tell him I wasn't going to cook until he did dishes... but I wanted to make myself more salsa and the table was FULL of dishes... so I had to do some if I wanted a place to cut up the veggies (we also do not have any counters....lol... my apartment is so ghetto).
And that is why jarred salsa is the bomb!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
And that is why jarred salsa is the bomb!!!
How did I know you were going to come comment on the salsa?!?!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know how that feels! Something has got to give... you can't be wonderwoman!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Well, that's just beyond ridiculous. If it were me, I'd have pitched a fit after the FIRST night, I can't have anything in my sink more than a few minutes and it's washed, dried and put away. I'm so anal about dishes.

It was HIS deal, and he blew it. So, I guess it's back to frozen cooking for you, and if he complains, just remind him why. ((hugs)) you can't do everything.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ohhhhhhhh...I'd be ticked. Be plotting a revenge...maybe fix some super yummy stuff but only enough for you...that should get him.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Uh that would tick me off.. A couple of times Dave agreed to do half the dishes and he never did them. Ugh why say you are going to do them if you are not going to do them!!??

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I hate, hate, hate doing the dishes, so dh does them, but, boy, do I hear about it all the time. I cook most of the time, when he does its cause I have to do something else, but I never complain about having to be the one to do it all the time. Men.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

no. that's not fair. thats complete bull crap. you better teach him now megan, while your young or that craps gonna get worse.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

awww, Megan...what a stinker!!!

I brought my dad a magnet back from my honeymoon...one with those cheesy retro 50's style illustrations on it...that says "no man was ever shot while doing the dishes"...he's the official dish-doer of my parents...

We bought really expensive, "hand wash only" pans with some of our wedding money...under the condition that DH would be the washer of the pans (he grew up in a dishwasher free family, and claims not to mind handwashing, whereas I HATE it)...and who ends up washing them 80% of the time? Not DH. He lets them sit for days....and they start to smell. Yuck. Plus, I can't stand to see those expensive pans sitting there full of food, water, and ick....So I feel ya....darn husbands!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

one of the reasons I have a teenager ... oh, wait, that's not the only reason. hehehee I have taught both Cody and Jenna how to wash dishes by hand (even though we have a dishwasher at the moment), because not everywhere we rent has a d/w. In fact, Cody is in the kitchen right now washing dishes by hand. hehehe

Seriously though, before the kids started doing dishes ... I cooked, did all the dishes, did all the cleaning, did all the laundry ... you get the idea.

Now, Cody does his own laundry, the other three must help me with their laundry. They each have daily chores that I rotate out so that they aren't all doing the same thing every day (sweeping the floor, clearing the table, dishes, vacuuming, etc). I want them all to be able to look after themselves when they move out!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no sweetie....you turn to him and tell him "ok I did my part of the deal...now it's your turn" and you hand him the towel and walk out!

Good luck...these men sometimes can be so arghhhh! It's like they forget the "deals" they propose! ...you have to remind them...and to back me up on that point...WHO has INSTANT REPLAYS on TV...MEN because they just forgot what they saw (sorry Aaron! lol)...and they need a reminder! lol Hand him that towel!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Glad I am not the only one that had kids for that exact reason I do the exact same thing and they even get pad for their chores too!!!!

Megan, maybe you should get a chore chart for him and tell him he will get an allowance if the job gets done!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneskids View Post
one of the reasons I have a teenager ... oh, wait, that's not the only reason. hehehee I have taught both Cody and Jenna how to wash dishes by hand (even though we have a dishwasher at the moment), because not everywhere we rent has a d/w. In fact, Cody is in the kitchen right now washing dishes by hand. hehehe

Seriously though, before the kids started doing dishes ... I cooked, did all the dishes, did all the cleaning, did all the laundry ... you get the idea.

Now, Cody does his own laundry, the other three must help me with their laundry. They each have daily chores that I rotate out so that they aren't all doing the same thing every day (sweeping the floor, clearing the table, dishes, vacuuming, etc). I want them all to be able to look after themselves when they move out!

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 01-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

UGH! I am with you about the clean-up...it's the worst part of cooking! DH is really good about clean-up, most the time I don't have to ask! Hope your DH gets a clue!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that's just mean

Sorry hun

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 01-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry, that would make me so sad and hurt. Well and angry - hehe. I say no more homemade until he gets it in gear!