Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default wwwwwwwweather!

WOW we've had a weather day like none I have ever seen. There have been three tornadoes in my county in the last hour, they are still spawning all around us too. We are so completely removed from most weather patterns here in eastern NC this is VERY unusual and the weathermen are freaking out! I have spent almost the last two hours hiding out in the bathroom with three kids and a dog and thank the LORD I can finally come out. This junk always seems to happen during my scrapping time!! LOL Anyone else been in this massive line that's been crossing the country the past few days?

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 04-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had the line through here (KS) but no tornadoes where I'm at. We had it pretty mild, I think, just a lot of rain and lightning.

I have a friend who is in the area you are, and I've been seeing her updates on facebook all afternoon.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Whewwww, that was a close one!!!! Those tornadoes that hit in Wilson are only 8 miles from my parents, but neither them nor us suffered any damage!!! Thank goodness!

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 04-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Um yeah..that passed through here yesterday and my blood pressure is just now getting back to normal. It was one after another after another yesterday...we're used to it but yesterday was particularly bad. Over 100 confirmed tornadoes and they are estimating the one that tracked literally all across the state was as strong as an EF4 at one point. A town just north of us was completely demolished by that storm. We spent lots of time in the bathroom yesterday but thankfully the worst never got too close to us.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ugh - I've been wondering about y'all in the south... I'm happy to hear that everyone is safe!

It has just been a crazy April, hasn't it? A week ago Sunday, we had 6 confirmed tornadoes in my area... and then today it was snowing! I sure hope this isn't a trend that Spring/Summer is going to be very "active"... maybe it's just getting out of it's system and it will be a quiet season... *fingers crossed*
Old 04-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Um yeah...before it hit you all, it dropped 16" of snow in some parts of Nebraska. And 2" of rain where I am at in eastern Nebraska. Part of the interstate was closed on Friday...
Old 04-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have seen it on the news. That MUST freak you out.
Glad you are fine!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

They updated and confirmed that the big one that came through just north of us was an EF3 (not 4) but was on the ground for 38.5 miles and was as wide as 3/4 of a mile at one point with maximum winds at 140 mph. But that's just the damage and strength close to us...this storm originated across the river in LA and tracked all across the state doing damage as far east as Georgia before it dissipated.

2 other smaller EF2 have also been confirmed in our immediate area and still lots of surveying left to do in other counties. Scary stuff.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We didn't have tornadoes but we did have gusty winds and wildfires here in OK/TX. That was pretty scary too since the fires were jumping the roads/highways and the wind was gusting to 60mph. We are so dry dry dry this year, I cannot imagine this summer is going to be good.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

way too scary for me!