Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Weight Watchers meetings - snacks

I was wondering if any of you have ever gone to your meeting and brought some kind of snack for the group? Just as a little treat.

I have only been to one meeting but saw several people eating a snack during the meeting and thought it would be friendly to sort of "introduce" myself by bringing something. Maybe putting a cookie in individual sandwich baggies so they can take home to eat later even. It would even be cute to print little cards with the recipe and point value on it so people can have too.

Is this a bad idea?

Does anyone have any recipes that might be good for something to make and bring that is low in points?

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When I first did the program I went to a meeting every week for months and never had anyone bring anything. I've seen people snack on their own snacks or lunch but never a group thing. Maybe just ask your leader if that would be ok and she what he/she says. I think it's a cute idea.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I guess as long as it's low points and you knew the points value, I would eat it I've never seen anyone do it though.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i've never seen it done either - but there is a lady who makes point-friendly soups that she sells out of her car after our meetings they are really good and i'm always bummed when she's not there!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think it sounds like a fun way to introduce yourself!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I think if it were me, I'd check with the leader. I mean, even if you brought something that was only 2 or 3 points, it could upset someone. In theory they could LEAVE IT ALONE if they didn't want it, but these are people with food issues, after all. I don't pretrack my days. I like the freedom of just eating what I want and going by the seat of my pants...but some people do preplan their days to the T. I see nothing wrong with bringing baggies of cut up fruit or veggies, or both, since those would be 0 points. Or bringing a basket of fruit, grapes, apples, oranges and bananas. While I would love to share recipes, I'm not sure I'd like to be tempted with a 2 or 3 point food staring me in the face when I'm at what should be a "safe" place for me. I'm using the "royal I" here because me personally, I'd LOVE it. LOL! I think you're sweet for wanting to do it, and I think you might be onto something...but if it were me I'd just check first.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Hmmm... not sure. I'd probably be a bit frustrated if someone brought snacks to a WW meeting to share. I mean, it IS a super nice thing to do... don't get me wrong. For me, snacks are where I lose control (I have a hard time leaving it alone, especially when I feel like someone went through trouble to bring it) and I'd feel conflicted about going to meetings if I had to deal with that temptation every time, kwim? But that's just me. If your group does the whole snack thing I guess bringing something pre-bagged would be the best option so they could take it home instead of feeling like they had to eat it right there and then.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

how about a pretty fruit basket? This way you have still made the nice gesture you are wanting, but there are 0 points involved to tempt anyone.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I didn't realize the rules of ettiquette for one of these meetings, but what you all are saying makes sense. If you did do it, I would think it would need to be a zero point item for sure. I think it would also matter how social the group is. Having never been to a meeting I have no idea what they are like, but if the group isn't social it might not be appropriate or get the response you hope for.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

We do taster evenings or snack tastings all the time at the slimming world group I go to, they always go down really well but it's not something I would think of doing at the weight watchers meeting since they sell their own products (or is that just in the UK?) hugs Crystal x
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls for all of your responses. I totally get what you are all saying and although the gesture is very nice, I thought it "could" be an issue because 2 or 3 points to me may be a lot more minor than 2 or 3 to someone else. And I know that temptation can be so hard and I sure don't want to put peer pressure on anyone.

I will have to think about how I can do fruit or veggies and keep it inexpensive. I can't afford to do a basket of fruit. I can't believe how much a bag of apples cost! Sigh..... I will have to price it out and see what I can do.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley