Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Habits...

What habits do you have that you just sort of do without even thinking about them?

I have a ponytail holder around my wrist almost all the time. If it is not there - my hair is in a pony.

I am OCD about lip gloss and/or chapstick. I will be putting it on and not even realize I am doing it. I was once laying in bed with a horrific hangover and started putting it on. What a weirdo.

I am constantly running my tongue under my two front teeth. I have a tiny chip in one tooth and I will give myself a headache from doing this.

I usually have long nails - especially my pinky nails and I will curl my fingers and dig my nails into my palms. Not really hard but I do leave indentations. Um - I do this with my toes too.

I also have a tendency to "write" things out with my finger. Not in a big way - you would just see my finger fluttering sort of.

I think that is it - as if that is not enough!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 09-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When I am watching TV or a movie (especially if it's suspenseful!) I pick at my nails. I've mostly stopped biting them thanks to no bite nail polish, but I still pick! It drives me nuts.

I hum or sing a lot... like, I don't even notice I'm doing it until my daughter says: "Mommy what's that song?".

Um... hm... I guess the only other thing would be playing with my hair. If it's not pulled back I play with it sometimes. I like to braid it, undo it, braid it again and sometimes twirl it. Or feel through it to see if there's any funky hairs (you know, the odd curly coarse one that feels like wire... am I the only one who gets those?). LOL!

I like to tap or click my pen. That's annoying.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bite my lips. Mostly my bottom one. I hate it!

Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I pick at the skin around my finger nails without realising then get a shock when I realise what I've done and I sing to myself
Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bite my nails. I also bite my lips like Natalie mentioned. I usually tuck my left leg under me when I'm sitting down. I crunch on ice (craving caused by anemia but also somewhat of a habit). I also put lotion on several times a day. I can't go long without lotion on my hands. It's kind of odd to me, it started 4 years ago when we moved in to this house. Before that I rarely used lotion at all.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I pick at my cuticles. I hate that I do it, but I do it subconsiously most of the time. It's funny of how many of us have these type of habits with our hands/fingers, lol. I also have a tendency to rub the right side of my face and my upper back.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I pop my neck entirely too often. It tends to make people look at me funny but I have such neck issues that popping my neck is about the only way to help relieve some of the pressure that causes my headaches.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I grind my teeth ALL THE TIME. It is so hard to stop! I get a tune stuck in my head, sometimes a stupid commercial jingle, and click my teeth to the rhythm. I check my face in the mirror about 200x a day. And I'm always adjusting my glasses.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

If I have a pen that has a clciker, I will constantly click it! I use to bite my nails terribly, but after I joined the navy and started workign in the lab, I pretty much quit doing that because I almost always had gloves on!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I pop my neck entirely too often. It tends to make people look at me funny but I have such neck issues that popping my neck is about the only way to help relieve some of the pressure that causes my headaches.
I just started having neck issues a few months ago, and do this constantly now. I totally understand!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
I usually have long nails - especially my pinky nails and I will curl my fingers and dig my nails into my palms. Not really hard but I do leave indentations. Um - I do this with my toes too
I do this too - though I dont have long nails (jsut long fingers LOL). And uh...not with my toes. Not sure how you manage that one! Ha ha!!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am a big time sigher. When ever I am thinking about something, especially at work, I will sigh or go "hmmph" a lot. I am also sing and talk to myself and yawn at lot. I don't bite my nails but I will chew on my cuticles when I am stressed or bored. Oh and I crack my knuckles. I am just a little noise factory!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I do the cuticle thing too...without even realizing I'm doing it.

I always put my left contact lens in first and always take out the right first.

I am ALWAYS early no matter where I go to the point that it's starting to aggravate my 7-year-old who has to sit in the car and wait to go in places because of it.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k23m View Post
I do this too - though I dont have long nails (jsut long fingers LOL). And uh...not with my toes. Not sure how you manage that one! Ha ha!!
Ha ha...comedian. You got me!
I guess I didn't explain well enough. What I do is put one foot under the other and poke the soles of my feet with my toenails.

I can't believe how many people have a nail/cuticle biting issue. My youngest DD bites her nails to the point of bleeding. It drives me insane. We tried everything when she was younger to stop it but nah....never did. She is now 15 and hasn't outgrown it. Don't think she will now.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

neenee I bit my nails until I was in my early 20's and then one day I realized how bad they looked and just stopped...so there is hope for her
Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I pick at my nails. I hate when I do it b/c I'm trying to grow them out but i do it a lot.

I also clench my jaw, which gives me a headache.