Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-20-2020, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: Gratitude 03/20

I've been busy running around town trying to get groceries and essentials which has been very frustrating and time consuming, on top of working (at home) and keeping up with my CT duties. So, for now, I'm not going to post Friday Fun Facts. Instead, I'll keep it simple with a QOTD....

Gratitude - in all the turmoil going on in this world right now...tell me some of the little things you are grateful for. I think we all need a positive post, don't we?

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-20-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It looks like my neighborhood is being considerate with personal space avoidance so we can all get outdoors to enjoy the fresh air while being respectful of sharing the river path and sidewalk.

I stood at the window watching the squirrels as they ate the seed this morning. It is so peaceful, just staring out, watching quietly. They come right up to the window and eat, stopping to look at me periodically.

I enjoy macro photography and the buds are just starting to come out so will be wandering along the river path next week to take some photos.

I'm grateful for minimal rain and warmer weather this week. Taz and I are going to start jogging again, starting tomorrow. I slacked off over the winter so now that the weather is warming up, I want to get at it again. I just can't motivate myself to jog in the cold freezing weather.

I came across some old recipe magazines I had in a cupboard downstairs so am going to peruse them and see if I can find some quick easy recipes to try next week.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I definitely feel you Rae.
Right now I am thankful that I was able to work from home Thurs and Friday. Our states confirmed case numbers went from less than 100 to over 500 in less than 48hours
My husband is immunocompromised so I consider it a blessing that I can stay home and work and not have to worry about bringing something home to him

Old 03-20-2020, 08:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Some friends of ours bought us a new couch that was delivered this week. It was SUCH an unexpected blessing, especially with everyone being home now and needing a place to sit. : )

It's not raining all day. Rain makes me sad.

Yesterday morning we woke to the news that a govt. official had TWEETED that all foreigners' visas were being cancelled, so we had a few hours of panic, wondering if we were being kicked out of the country...even though we live on an island and all flights AND ferries from our island have been shut down. But yesterday afternoon the policy was clarified (They are cancelling visas that are in process, not already existing visas.) and we're good to sit in our home in the Philippines during this crisis.

Our friends are stuck here, but the apartment where they are staying is close to us and has a pool that my kids can use anytime.

We have enough money to buy food.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I literally just finished interviewing both my girls and made them each list 10 Pandemic Positives. That'll be a future layout. I'm thankful for technology. Really. We can still at least socialize on line and get information. Can you imagine how it was 100 years ago?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that my two college students are home together since they can't be at college.

I am thankful for the extra time with my husband while he is working from home.

I am thankful the grocery stores are restocked and finding food is no longer a concern.

I am thankful for good friends who cheered me up when I was so depressed about canceling my trip to Mexico two days before I was to leave. And thankful I was able to get a credit to travel at another time.

I am thankful and excited that it looks like my sister will be moving to my area!

I am thankful that we all remain healthy at this time.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful that my husband's job (our main source of income) is relatively secure and that he's able to work from home.

I'm thankful that my job isn't the kind that requires me to telework 8 hours a day since there's no way I could manage that while suddenly acting as Ben's teacher. (I'm also thankful that Jason and Lauren are so much more independent than Ben and don't need that level of support from me!)

I'm thankful that most of my family is in low risk groups and that my parents, who are both 75 with underlying health conditions, are taking this seriously and haven't left their house in weeks.

I'm also thankful for technology that lets us check up on family members, stay informed, keep learning and working from home, and entertains us.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for all of the extra time I am getting with my daughters, especially with one going off to college in the fall.

I am thankful that we aren't getting the flooding that so many are getting in the counties surrounding ours.

I am thankful that I have a job that I'm able to do from home.

I am thankful for technology. I'm an introvert but I've been home for 2 full weeks now and even I'm going a bit stir crazy. So having Facetime, Zoom, Skype, etc. to connect with my friends and coworkers has helped a ton.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:57 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I’m thankful for technology and internet that keep my husband and I connected and updated, even though we are very far apart right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m thankful for movies, WiFi and YouTube while we’re in self isolation lol

I’m also thankful for the fact I’m getting better after being really unwell a few days ag, not covid but one of my usual chest infections I believe.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for social media, I am thankful for the fact that I am able to communicate with my parents & inlaws now that we are not visiting them, I am thankful for digital scrapbooking to keep me sane, I am thankful for my amazing online friends, I am thankful for the fact that my husband can work from home and my son has online lessons, I am thankful for our garden so we can go outside and get some fresh air and I am thankful for doctors/nurses for working 24/7 to care for the sick, I am grateful for everyone else (grocery store employees, truckdrivers, logistics) who is working so hard to keep everything as normal as possible (like grocery shopping).
Old 03-21-2020, 06:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I'm thankful that my kids are all home with me, even though that means we use more TP and I can't just have cereal for dinner lol
I'm thankful that I still have a job and a paycheck
I'm thankful that as a teacher, I am pretty tech savvy and will figure out how to teach my students remotely, the best that I can
I'm thankful that my school district is not expecting us to do the impossible; the admin is being very realistic and not wanting to stress out and overwhelm parents or teachers
I'm thankful that I have a creative outlet in this crazy time
I'm thankful that I already ate most of the "bad" snacks when I was stress eating earlier this week... now I can focus on healthier eating
I'm thankful that I can get out and walk with my friends (while still social distancing)
I'm thankful for this time to actually finish some projects around the house (craft and otherwise)

Old 03-21-2020, 01:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am grateful for so much!

I am grateful for my husband and son, who have done all of the grocery shopping since March 12 due to my risk factors.

I am grateful for social media. Even 25 years ago, we had nothing like we have today. How would everyone be coping without FB, Instagram, Twitter, and others, without internet and email, without all our apps on our phones and TVs, without streaming, without DVD and Blu Ray players, and especially places like SSD where we can "hang out" and "chill"? The list goes on.

I am grateful for cell phones, where it costs me nothing except my monthly fees. Back in the day, we had to pay long distance fees. I can keep up with my family so much easier.

I am grateful for being able to work from home. I already was working two days from home (a privilege I earned). The CEO sent an email to everyone earlier this past week offering anyone who wanted to work from home could. I am grateful for those who are still at work who can do and are doing things that I can't do from home, like sign certain documents and letters and make notebooks for the attorneys (I'm a litigation paralegal) for a hearing or deposition.

I am grateful for all the service workers out there, including, but not limited to, first responders, healthcare workers, grocery store employees, restaurant workers (even though many places are closed for dining in), and others in the service industry.

I am grateful that my son can still attend college online and that he is a commuter so that we don't have to worry about the housing payments that most likely will not be used for the rest of the semester.

I am grateful that Spring is officially here, which means warmer temperatures, which will hopefully slow down or maybe even stop the spread of this virus.

My list goes on.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Feeling thankful for many things.

1. This happened in the spring so the weather is warming and we can spend time outside without freezing.

2. We just realized that we still have our daughter's college dorm fridge in our garage. Our normal fridge is small & is normally stuffed after buying 1 week's worth of groceries. This gives us some nice overflow for fresh things & dairy.

3. We are seeing more of my hubby as he has transitioned to working in his workplace to working from home. He is also less stressed about work.

4. I checked out a new video game for my teenage son from the library that was due about the time things got bad around here - the library has now closed & extended due dates on all currently checked out items to the end of March. He is completely content to be home and not really all that upset about missing school/friends & possible future event cancellations because he is playing that game.

5. Our daughter attends college locally so we are able to be close enough to help her move out of the dorms.

6. My parents are finally listening and staying home instead of getting out in the community - let us shop for their groceries today.

Stay safe & healthy out there!

Last edited by stephc777; 03-21-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I too am thankful for sunshine & warmer spring days. It makes it so much better for us to be able to get some fresh air & move around. And I get some peace/quiet when I can send kids outside to play!