Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Middle of the month, check-in

It's the middle of the month, or close enough to, and I was wondering how you all were doing with your passport challenges. Are you stuck on any of them. Do you have a favorite challenge/layout that you've created this month?

If you aren't playing along in the passport challenges, how are you doing in general? Everything okay in your neck of the woods? Are you being affected by the Snomageddon 2019 or are you nice and toasty because you are on the other side of the world?

Old 02-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm curious where else is the Snowmageddon. I'm near Seattle and we've been hit. Today is super rainy so the roads are clearing but my street is just slush and puddles everywhere. I hope I can get out tonight for my prenatal yoga class. I need the relief!!

As for the Passport challenge, I feel so slowwwww. Hard for me to get motivated when I feel so uncomfortable sitting or standing or laying down...

I have 8 more challenges to go but I think I saved the easiest for last. Which is usually my goal. Tackle the hardest ones first.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I also have 8 challenges to go
Old 02-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I'm curious where else is the Snowmageddon. I'm near Seattle and we've been hit. Today is super rainy so the roads are clearing but my street is just slush and puddles everywhere. I hope I can get out tonight for my prenatal yoga class. I need the relief!!

As for the Passport challenge, I feel so slowwwww. Hard for me to get motivated when I feel so uncomfortable sitting or standing or laying down...

I have 8 more challenges to go but I think I saved the easiest for last. Which is usually my goal. Tackle the hardest ones first.
I have no idea who's been affected by the snowmageddon. We've lucked out here in Colorado. Today was in the middle 50's. It' s been in the 40's and upwards for quite some time. Don't get me wrong, we drop down in to the single digits overnight and some days we've gotten flurries. But like in true Colorado style, it's gone by lunchtime and warm enough that you don't need a coat.

I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable with your pregnancy. You have a little bit longer time cooking that beautiful baby, so I'll be praying you find comfort, especially as you all face your new chapter of possibly moving!

8 left! That's good--you are halfway done and it's not quite the middle of the month!! You've got this!! Are you stuck on any of them?
Old 02-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
I also have 8 challenges to go
You are halfway there!! You've got this!!! I'm excited you've gotten so many of them done. Are you stuck on any of them? Do you have a favorite layout so far?
Old 02-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I guess I never answered my own questions!!

I have 4 more challenges remaining
-Teen inspired collabs (waiting on this one)
-10 favorite things (struggling to find 10 things!)
-RAK Day (been thinking about this one)
-Scraolift my own layout (that's harder than you think! )

I still have a few more to post in the gallery that are done, but I have to wait for the new releases to go live!

My goal is to have all the challenges done by this weekend. I'm supposed to have surgery (hopefully next week). It'll be 2 weeks of pain medication, which means I probably won't be in my right mind scrapping, nor will I be able to sit to scrap. So I've been pushing to get everything done before this weekend's end just in case I get that phone call scheduling the surgery!
Old 02-12-2019, 07:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have been on a jury since last Monday with three days of jury selection the week before that. It's exhausting. We are hoping to be done this week so cross your fingers for me!

It's cold here in my neck of the woods (Central California) and it's supposed to rain the rest of the week and thru the weekend. It doesn't snow here but I can see the snow in the mountains that are a 40 minute drive from me. It's pretty but hate the snow and would never live in it.

You can see the snow-capped mountains in the distance. This photo was taken one morning while in the courthouse downtown.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Passport is moving along. I'm moving slower with it this month versus January and I'm okay with that. I'll probably work on a few this weekend to put myself in line with completing before the month end~

Old 02-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, on the west coast of BC we are slammed with snow and ice. We are getting one more big storm on Thursday and then I think it is supposed to warm up a bit and start to thaw out. Very unusual weather for BC.

I am having a blast working on some challenges (love the new system). I won't get the whole month done but however many I get is ok with me, I'm having fun.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

stuck on the list!!! anyone got ideas?

Oh an no snowmageddon here is Brisbane Australia - boiling hot!!! so hot yesterday i couldn't wear my sunnies because they kept fogging up from the heat coming off my face lol
Old 02-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 4 layouts left! Woohoo!! Much better than I thought I would do this month!
I have- teen collab, featured designer, One Little Word (no clue on this one), and Scraplift my best friend!

We went through all of Dec and most of Jan before the snow decided to start hitting us! For the past 4 weeks, we have had at least 1 snow/ice day each week. WE are at a total of 6 snowdays. That is the amount we are allowed before we have to start making them up. But, they said they can ask for 3 more. The weather isn't supposed to be too much better tomorrow- we have a severe weather alert. So I don't know if we're in for another snow day or not!
Old 02-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I have complete 6 passport challenges. I am on a roll. Now if I can just remember to get them turned in on time.....
No cold here today, we hit the 60s! And saw the sun!
Thanks for checking on us!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:00 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have 3 finished and plans in my head for 3 more so I’ll at least reach the minimum which is more than I’ve ever complain a SSD monthly challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
My goal is to have all the challenges done by this weekend. I'm supposed to have surgery (hopefully next week). It'll be 2 weeks of pain medication, which means I probably won't be in my right mind scrapping, nor will I be able to sit to scrap. So I've been pushing to get everything done before this weekend's end just in case I get that phone call scheduling the surgery!

Good luck with your surgery! It might be interesting to scrap a page while on pain meds... might unleash some hidden creative talent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
stuck on the list!!! anyone got ideas?

Oh an no snowmageddon here is Brisbane Australia - boiling hot!!! so hot yesterday i couldn't wear my sunnies because they kept fogging up from the heat coming off my face lol
Lists:
favorite foods
favorite songs/books/movies
favorite memories/kid phrases
favorite places you've lived/visited
favorite outfit/clothes/shoes/jewelry
favorite layouts (this is probably what i'm going to do)
favorite products in the store
favorite snacks/candy
favorite pastime dates
Old 02-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
Good luck with your surgery! It might be interesting to scrap a page while on pain meds... might unleash some hidden creative talent!
No thank you. I did some crazy things when I broke my leg 10 years ago. Afterwards, I had a lot of backtracking and figuring out what I had done. Some months later I discovered I shredded a ton of documents that I shouldn't have ever shredded. I'm hoping NOT to make that mistake this time around and be more aware of my actions!
Old 02-13-2019, 02:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 pages to do, the teen collab one and the RAK one and I've got to wait for the collab one before I do it.

No snowmageddon here in the UK which makes me sad, we very rarely get good snow!
Old 02-13-2019, 07:35 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

5 layouts in so far, which is more than I was expecting to get done! The school year started for us in early Feb, then hubby has been away for work, meaning I'm running the show solo at home. Ex-haus-ted!! However, there's light at the end of the tunnel soon and hoping to complete at least another couple of layouts towards this month's Passport challenges. xx

P.S. Am I the only one who would actually like to get a bit of snow at some point? Melbourne, Australia, and the last time it snowed here was when I was age 4!!

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 02-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
5 layouts in so far, which is more than I was expecting to get done! The school year started for us in early Feb, then hubby has been away for work, meaning I'm running the show solo at home. Ex-haus-ted!! However, there's light at the end of the tunnel soon and hoping to complete at least another couple of layouts towards this month's Passport challenges. xx

P.S. Am I the only one who would actually like to get a bit of snow at some point? Melbourne, Australia, and the last time it snowed here was when I was age 4!!
I would gladly give you some snow...especially if it meant I could come visit!!! Going to Australia someday is my dream, and I would gladly share our snow with you to make that happen! The snow part is pretty and very peaceful to look at. Especially when it's white and fluffy. The pain is the ice that sometimes comes with it!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I hope I can get out tonight for my prenatal yoga class. I need the relief!!
Leah, when are you due?

No snow in North Carolina! Just a little rain and normal, chilly winter weather. We had a few days of snow back in December, some ice, and a couple really cold (for us) days the week before last... but overall, it's been a pretty mild winter.

I am not feeling the challenges this month. I just caught up on 6 weeks of project life and I might try to finish off a vacation album that's been in progress for waaaay too long. Other creative pursuits have cut into my scrapping time, but I'm trying to find a balance that satisfies all of my needs.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel like I'm doing pretty good. I *think* I've got about 8 left. I know I haven't done the teen-inspired one (obvs), the RAK, or the list. The kids and I have an idea for the RAK, so we'll see if we get that done! I hope so!

We are definitely in the middle of snowmageddon. Ew. I live in Iowa. We've had so many school cancellations! I only have 1 child in the public school, but I am really loving the cancellations because I hate leaving in this weather. It makes me want to move, but honestly, I don't want to be around hurricanes and earthquakes either.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I was hoping for snowmageddon, but we only got about an inch. It's supposed to rain fro the next several days.
Were you able to get to your yoga class?
8 left isn't bad at all!! We're just coming up to half-way through the month, so I'd say you're doing great!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I still have a few more to post in the gallery that are done, but I have to wait for the new releases to go live!

Only 4 left? Wow! You'll for sure have them done in no time!
I can't wait to see your comments while you're on pain meds
Old 02-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I haven't done any! Between my new job & my vacation, I'm in catch-up mode! Not to worry, though...I work best under extreme pressure
Old 02-13-2019, 11:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
I have been on a jury since last Monday with three days of jury selection the week before that. It's exhausting. We are hoping to be done this week so cross your fingers for me!

It's cold here in my neck of the woods (Central California) and it's supposed to rain the rest of the week and thru the weekend. It doesn't snow here but I can see the snow in the mountains that are a 40 minute drive from me. It's pretty but hate the snow and would never live in it.

You can see the snow-capped mountains in the distance. This photo was taken one morning while in the courthouse downtown.
Ugh!! I am SO NOT a fan of jury duty! I hope you'll be done by Friday!
I guess the good thing is the nice view!
Old 02-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 10 LOs done for this month's Passport...so that leaves 8 to go. Not sure about the teen inspired collabs...not sure I'll be able to purchase anything this month.

We haven't had a ton of snow here in PA, but enough that the kids have missed one day this week and have been sent home early one day and then went 2 hours late today. I do want them to be safe, obviously, but I think the weather forcasters here get everyone all worked up and its never as bad as what they say it is going to be. I'll be glad when winter is over and I can wear flip flops!

Last edited by 3BluEyedBabi; 02-13-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am having a hard time getting motivated to finish my passport this month. I think I have 8-9 left to do, and I keep looking at them hoping to feel inspired, but nothing yet! We have had lots of snow here in Ohio since the third week of January, starting with an epic snow storm. Then it got really cold. And then it warmed up. And then it got really cold. And repeat. It has also been raining when it hasn't been snowing, and I'm not talking about a little sprinkle. Inches of rain have fallen, everyone's yards are flooded, our creek is about to burst its bank, and walking through the grass is like walking through a swamp. I like snow, and I'd be a lot happier if it just STAYED COLD and snowed instead of warming up every third day and making a gross mess. Ok, complaining rant over now.

On a happier note, I saw red-wing blackbirds at my feeders for the first time, so spring must be on the way!

Old 02-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

haha scraplifting your own layout! You should be exempt from that one! lol
Old 02-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
Leah, when are you due?

May 12 but my babies tend to arrive 2 weeks early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I was hoping for snowmageddon, but we only got about an inch. It's supposed to rain fro the next several days.
Were you able to get to your yoga class?
8 left isn't bad at all!! We're just coming up to half-way through the month, so I'd say you're doing great!
I was able to go!! The main roads were just regular wet roads but when I tried to park on the side streets I almost got stuck many times and started freaking out. I didn't bring a shovel with me! lol I managed by down the back up and forward several times with the car and it got unstuck but I have no experience driving in snow. I had a car accident younger and have been scared ever since.

Last edited by Leablahblah; 02-13-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Lists:
favorite foods
favorite songs/books/movies
favorite memories/kid phrases
favorite places you've lived/visited
favorite outfit/clothes/shoes/jewelry
favorite layouts (this is probably what i'm going to do)
favorite products in the store
favorite snacks/candy
favorite pastime dates
To me the lists layouts are super easy because I always write them down (I'm part of Nettio Designs' Faves group and we do this monthly) so I have a sticky note on my laptop and write as I experience them. They can be mixed with all these categories. No need to stick to just one. Like what are your favorite things this month.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Passport is moving along. I'm moving slower with it this month versus January and I'm okay with that. I'll probably work on a few this weekend to put myself in line with completing before the month end~
I know you can do it, Kiana!!
Old 02-13-2019, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I was able to go!! The main roads were just regular wet roads but when I tried to park on the side streets I almost got stuck many times and started freaking out. I didn't bring a shovel with me! lol I managed by down the back up and forward several times with the car and it got unstuck but I have no experience driving in snow. I had a car accident younger and have been scared ever since.
I'm glad you went, but yikes! That would have been scary!
Old 02-13-2019, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I am having a blast working on some challenges (love the new system). I won't get the whole month done but however many I get is ok with me, I'm having fun.
I love the new system, too! I'm so glad you're having fun with it! That's the best way to scrap
Old 02-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm due on the 3rd!!
Old 02-13-2019, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm due on the 3rd!!
Congratulations to both of you, Lea and Karli! My youngest is 18 so being pregnant was a long time ago. Do you know whether you're having a boy or girl?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 4 left:
Product
seasonal: not sure what to do for this. I took a couple of meals to people but didn't take photos. Hmmmm
Comosition
Wild Card
Old 02-13-2019, 09:36 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Congratulations to both of you, Lea and Karli! My youngest is 18 so being pregnant was a long time ago. Do you know whether you're having a boy or girl?
You have grandchildren on the horizon to look forward to!! I've never seen my parents so happy as they are in their role of grandparents.

We're having another boy! My oldest will be 19 months
Old 02-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
You have grandchildren on the horizon to look forward to!! I've never seen my parents so happy as they are in their role of grandparents.

We're having another boy! My oldest will be 19 months
Congratulations! We have all girls! My oldest 2 are exactly 13 months apart. After that the next ones are not quite 2 years apart each. Right now, they are: 17, 16, 14, and 12. Come Nov, they will be 17, 16, 15, and 13! So, don't let being close scare you! It's nice when they are close together, they can be best friends, and you are done with diapers that much sooner!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:18 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Congratulations! We have all girls! My oldest 2 are exactly 13 months apart. After that the next ones are not quite 2 years apart each. Right now, they are: 17, 16, 14, and 12. Come Nov, they will be 17, 16, 15, and 13! So, don't let being close scare you! It's nice when they are close together, they can be best friends, and you are done with diapers that much sooner!
Wow! You must be a supermom I would love a big family, but I don't have too many child bearing years ahead, so this might be it for us!

We planned to have them close together for many reasons, but the closer I get to my due date the more anxiety I'm having. It's not so much their age, more that we don't have anyone here to help out and my husband works long hours... so I know I'm preparing for a rough couple of months (years?!)
Old 02-13-2019, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wow! You must be a supermom I would love a big family, but I don't have too many child bearing years ahead, so this might be it for us!

We planned to have them close together for many reasons, but the closer I get to my due date the more anxiety I'm having. It's not so much their age, more that we don't have anyone here to help out and my husband works long hours... so I know I'm preparing for a rough couple of months (years?!)
One thing I found that helped...let your older child help out! They can get wipes, diapers, entertain the baby, give it toys. Let the older child be involved, and it can help both you and them!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Definitely no snow in my area since it is the middle of summer here in Western Australia. I have 6 to go and my passport is finished but I had to sort out the huge mess on computer before I could think straight. Going to make lunch soon and will knock off another this afternoon.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've got 5 done, and by tomorrow I should be at 7. I'm shooting for 12, but we'll see. So far most of my 13th Birthday layouts have been things I could double count for the Portfolio. As I get the easier/less specific challenges done, that may not be possible anymore. If I end up focusing on the birthday challenges and not making my 12, so be it.

As for weather, we've had 4 snow days so far and a whole bunch of delays. We've probably still got 4 weeks of winter weather left, so I'm hoping for a few more school cancellations. We're supposed to get more snow next week. I've always loved snow! If I had to go into work I might not feel that way anymore, but we close every time the public schools do. And since our schools close so easily, we get to fully enjoy the snow!

Quote:
Wishing you a quick and easy recovery (and no accidental shredded documents!)

Last edited by rach3975; 02-14-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Quote:
I'm due on the 3rd!!
How exciting!!! We'll have 2 new Sweet Babes soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I was just thinking this same thing this morning!! My youngest turned 18 last week. It's such a strange thought!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I am having a hard time getting motivated to finish my passport this month. I think I have 8-9 left to do, and I keep looking at them hoping to feel inspired, but nothing yet! We have had lots of snow here in Ohio since the third week of January, starting with an epic snow storm. Then it got really cold. And then it warmed up. And then it got really cold. And repeat. It has also been raining when it hasn't been snowing, and I'm not talking about a little sprinkle. Inches of rain have fallen, everyone's yards are flooded, our creek is about to burst its bank, and walking through the grass is like walking through a swamp. I like snow, and I'd be a lot happier if it just STAYED COLD and snowed instead of warming up every third day and making a gross mess. Ok, complaining rant over now.

On a happier note, I saw red-wing blackbirds at my feeders for the first time, so spring must be on the way!
I know you can get it done, Ally!!
Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated when the weather sucks. Maybe put on some cheerful music, or a movie while you're scrapping?
How awesome to start seeing birds out at your feeders! That's something I want to get for our yard this spring.