Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question Adobe CC for iPad?

So I finally got a new desktop and now my laptop died! I'm committed to Apple. I rarely use my laptop for scrapping -usually just if we are camping or on vacation.

I looked at the Apple store and the MacBooks are so spendy. The guy there told me if I was running Photoshop that the MacBook and MacBook Air wouldn't be powerful enough and that I would need the MacBook Pro (which is of course the spendiest).

Then he showed me the cheaper iPad Pro and told me that in "early 2019" Adobe was releasing photoshop for the iPad with the CC subscription.

What are your thoughts on this? All of my photos and kits are on my EHD which can't be plugged in to the iPad. I guess I would have to use them from a cloud?

I'm not sure if I should spend the money on a MacBook Pro over iPad or MacBook Air just to have the ability to scrap on it once in a while?

And my laptop that died was 15 inch. Does anybody scrap on a 13 inch? Does that work for you?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have an ipad pro and use it for some things - I'm excited to hear about PS coming for it BUT I don't know if I could see it replacing a computer for me for scrapping. There is a program called "afinity" that you can currently use but it's just a little bit too.. too much work or something compared to using the real deal.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I replaced a 13” MacBook Pro with a 15” last year. I don’t recommend a 13” for scrapping. I don’t think I’d buy something I didn’t really want to save a few bucks. I’d wait until I could get what I really want/need. I’m sorry though. They are expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Tough decisions!! I haven’t been able to afford a Mac since I spent my life savings on one in college . The way PCs have progressed, you get so much more bang for your buck. It’s not my first choice, but I have learned to love the PC life.

I was just reading about PS CC for the iPad. I don’t think they have a set release date yet, it seems like it’s going to be a BIG deal though! There are other versions of PS for the iPad, but this should be close to the real deal. It seems like it will still have some limitations, but updates will be rolled out often.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the comments everybody. I bit the bullet and got the 15 inch MacBook Pro. That will ensure that Photoshop comes to the iPad like next week! Lol!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have the money for a new ipad pro but it's on my wishlist for sometime hopefully over the next few yrs. With the PS CC app coming for ipad it makes it even more desireable for me. I will never give up scrapping on my PC but would enjoy scrapping in the evening with ipad pro and PS app. I watched a few videos about it and it does look promising.