Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988
Default Thanks

Just wanted to say a big THANKS to all the lovely ladies here at the Sweet Shoppe! I was feeling down about not making the call and have been scrapping tons of pages to better my work. I was so stunned to log in this morning and go into the gallery and see that my Good Deeds - Bingo Challenge #19 page had some comments. I always wonder if my scrapping is just total garbage or if it really is "worthy" or beautiful enough to be out there with all the wonderful scrappers here. Needless to say, seeing those comments and seeing that it had been pinned to the Sweet Shoppes Bingo Inspiration board just made my day and made me realize me documenting my memories is all that matters and my work is worthy!

So, thank you all for your kinds words on my pages! Those comments always make my day and keep me scrapping when all I want to do is give up sometimes.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sometimes wish I had more time (probably I should just make time, every day) to spend in the gallery because with how fast it moves, I know I miss commenting on so many great, amazing, beautiful layouts and I know it feels GREAT to get comments on your layouts.

You are talented and creative and your pages are wonderful and a reflection of your beautiful self - I hope you don't ever doubt that (but I know how easy it is to do just that!).

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 03-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

The most important thing to remember is that you have to love your pages first. Your pages are for you and your family!!
That being said, I know that all of us strive to make pages that stand out and make designers say "I've got to have HER on my team!" lol.

I'm not a Babe (but I was one in my former life, lol), but like Sara, I need to spend more time in the gallery. It's one of my goals, actually. Spreading digi love is just as important as irl love, in my opinion.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 03-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What Sara and Nikki said. I always look at the gallery but get sidetracked ans don't leave love like I should.

Your scrapping is always worthy, don't doubt yourself.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Your pages are for you first. Don't doubt about sharing your pages here. Most everyone I've met here is very nice. Left you some love.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad the kind words helped you this morning! So nice that it happened just when you needed it to!!

I have to admit, I was a bit down after not making the Sugar Babe cut and wondered why I bothered at all ... but ... after shaking it off, I remembered WHY I scrap - I scrap because I love it and because I am leaving a legacy for my family with the pages I create. Being a Sugar Babe would have just been the icing on the cake ...! Ha ha!
Old 03-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Jennifer - I so understand the "down" part about not making teams and it can totally derail you however I recently realized the only person that can make you happy is YOU. If you like your pages (and you definitely should because they are wonderful) then that is all that matters.

Unfortunately stores/designers have such a hard decision on calls and they do look for different style scrappers which has to be very difficult to turn people away (one of the reasons I did not apply because my style is not unique and I know there are people better than me).

Keep your head up and keep on making them beautiful pages.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad I could brighten your day a little.

I love browsing the galleries, that's probably the best part of being the Pinterest Guru, I see all the amazing scrappers we have in our community!

It's hard not to get down about not getting picked, trust me, I know. I'm not sure how many times I applied to be a babe, it took me almost 8 years.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Thanks so much ladies! I love it here! Indeed I scrap for myself to preserve the memories and that is all that really matters! Thanks for cheering me up!

Old 03-13-2016, 05:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations with being showcased on Pinterest Jennifer. Even though you didn't make it as a babe... your pages are beautiful and you can be very proud of them.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Years from now no one will care if your pages were made while you were on a creative team. It's hard not to feel down but I think most of us have felt the sting of rejection, you have a lot of company. It's good to put yourself out there, not making it now doesn't mean you aren't "good enough". Our gallery is amazing there are a ton of awesome scrappers and people that are worthy.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
Years from now no one will care if your pages were made while you were on a creative team. It's hard not to feel down but I think most of us have felt the sting of rejection, you have a lot of company. It's good to put yourself out there, not making it now doesn't mean you aren't "good enough". Our gallery is amazing there are a ton of awesome scrappers and people that are worthy.
I couldn't have said it better myself! I TOTALLY understand about being disappointed, but like Keely said, at the end of the day, my family could care less about what teams I was on. What will matter is the memories I've created and preserved. I do know what you mean about feeling inadequate though. I think it happens to the best of us. Hugs! You are awesome!
Old 03-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Epperson View Post
The most important thing to remember is that you have to love your pages first. Your pages are for you and your family!!
What she said!

You're such a sweetie. I'm glad you're here!
Old 03-13-2016, 09:25 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Everyone said it perfectly. For me, when I got turned down from a call, I always tell myself that the most important thing is that I do this to leave a legacy. That I am a scrapbooker because I love the creative process and the memory-keeping process. I didn't become a scrapbooker just to be in a CT.

Hugs, Jennifer!
Old 03-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww...don't ever feel like your pages aren't good enough. Cherish your pages and feel proud.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'd say the reason most if not all of us start scrapping in the first place is to record memories. That's the most important thing, and doesn't change no matter how long you've been scrapping.