Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Any Graphic Tablet Recommendations?

I'm considering to get a graphic tablet for my mac. Have heard that wacom is the leading brand in the market. Since I do a lot of digital scrapbooking stuff I was wondering, if any one of you out there has any recommendations. Which tablet is the best for us digi scrappers? What are workable/good sizes? Any other things I should consider?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love my Bamboo. I have the small one, but its very portable for me [mines black to match my laptop ]
Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I'm on my third tablet. (I'm hard on them and use it for everything, even just surfing the web.) Currently I use a Wacom Intuos 4 but my last one was a Wacom Bamboo. The Bamboo is half the price (or less) of the Intuos and honestly I don't feel that big of a difference. I'd recommend the Bamboo and if I was buying that is what I'd get. I personally like the small 4x6" size because I don't like to move my hand around as much as a medium or large one would require. Plus the space saving design makes it easier to fit on my desk.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Go for the Bamboo!!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the Bamboo too and I love it!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have a Bamboo (6inx9in) and I love it. I use it for everything and don't use a mouse at all.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had an Intuos for years and finally killed it (I don't use a mouse at all). I replaced it with a Bamboo and I haven't been disappointed.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the small bamboo, its a perfect size!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another for the Bamboo! I got mine 1 1/2 years ago and it's still going strong. Since buying it, I haven't used a mouse - I use it for everything I do on the computer!

ETA: If you are going looking at the Bamboo's, you will find the Bamboo & the Bamboo Fun. Fun is more pricey, but the tablet and pen are EXACTLY the same as the Bamboo. Fun just comes with extra programs (like Photoshop Elements & some little creative program). If you don't need the design programs, just get the regular Bamboo. Its the same, but cheaper .

Huge fan of:

Old 04-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Bamboo Touch. I love it! I don't use a mouse anymore, just my fingers. It took a while to get used to it. I kind of wish I had gotten the Touch and Pen but a minor complaint. My only issue is switching between my home computer and my work computer with the mouse. I am going to fling my mouse across the room trying to go back!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMGoodness - there is a Bamboo TOUCH??? That is SO cool! I hadn't heard of it before - is it a fairly new product??

Huge fan of:

Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is the Bamboo tablet something you can pick up at a brick & mortar store, or do you have to order it online?

I'm all about instant gratification, so I'd love to go pick one up tomorrow morning!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
OMGoodness - there is a Bamboo TOUCH??? That is SO cool! I hadn't heard of it before - is it a fairly new product??
I was part of a conference that Wacom gave back in the Fall and they showed them off them, so yes, they are pretty new. They looked very cool too. I don't know how great they'd be for digiscrappers as I didn't get a chance to play with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana1n View Post
Is the Bamboo tablet something you can pick up at a brick & mortar store, or do you have to order it online?

I'm all about instant gratification, so I'd love to go pick one up tomorrow morning!
I've seen them at Best Buy. You'll probably have to ask where they are because they are one of the locked up items. I know people can go to Best Buy's website to check inventory so you can see if they have any in stock before you go. Check Amazon's prices because I've generally seen them cheapest there. Hope that helps!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got mine at Future Shop (not sure if they are in the US? I'm in Canada - they are just like Best Buy though). They were in the computer section with the mice I think... but not locked up, just open on a shelf.

Huge fan of:

Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just wanted to add that I got a new tablet in December and I got the Bamboo Pen and Touch. I really don't like the touch feature. I actually disabled it and only use the pen. I went with that one over the regular Bamboo because it was larger and I wanted it for design stuff, but a small tablet is plenty big enough for scrapping. I had a small Bamboo Fun for about a year before buying a new one.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, ladies, thanks so much for all your suggestions! Was already thinking of getting a Bamboo, now I'm pretty sure I will lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
ETA: If you are going looking at the Bamboo's, you will find the Bamboo & the Bamboo Fun. Fun is more pricey, but the tablet and pen are EXACTLY the same as the Bamboo. Fun just comes with extra programs (like Photoshop Elements & some little creative program). If you don't need the design programs, just get the regular Bamboo. Its the same, but cheaper .
Thanks so much for that hint, too! I was leaning towards the *Fun* one, but if the only difference is the software then I don't need it!

Can't wait till I have it and can start scrapping with it!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I was already thinking about getting a tablet as well and this thread has really really helped.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
I just wanted to add that I got a new tablet in December and I got the Bamboo Pen and Touch. I really don't like the touch feature. I actually disabled it and only use the pen. I went with that one over the regular Bamboo because it was larger and I wanted it for design stuff, but a small tablet is plenty big enough for scrapping. I had a small Bamboo Fun for about a year before buying a new one.
With the exception of the designing comment, I could have written that word for word. I adore the Bamboo P&T...well, no--I loathe the touch part and like Meeeeeeegs--I turned it off. The size is great, though it does present me with some minor issues because of how/where I sit. My arm bangs into the side of the couch when I use the far right portion of the pad. I know, I know! I could just move over, but I don't want to!!

This part maybe just be me, but I'm NOT happy with the new cable for the Bamboo. If something goes wrong with it, the tablet is a lost cause. At least with the original I could just unplug a bad cable and use a different one. I know that's why my other tablet lasted two years. IMO, bad choice on Wacom's part there.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had my Intuos 3 (6x8) for 3 years now and I'm contemplating selling it. I keep thinking I'll get around to using it/learning it. But in all reality...I like scrapbooking on my lappy in front of the TV too much. Oh well, glad some of you use yours!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got my Bamboo Touch at Sam's Club. It was a birthday present from DH. After a while, I don't mind the touch feature. I programmed two of the buttons to be select and shift and I can scrap with it just fine. But it took a while to get used to that. Now though I'm not sure how well I could scrap with a mouse. Just all what you get used to I guess. DH has a hard time with it because he'll drop a finger and suddenly right click on something.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Bamboo here too. I could either buy PSE 7 for 99.00 at Best Buy(online) or buy a Bamboo that comes with PSE 7 for 99.00 No brainer!