Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD 06/17 Phones

What kind of phone do you have? Do you take photos with it? Do you read books or browse online much with it? How do you utilize your phone?
Old 06-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I read all my books on my phone now. It is so convenient b/c I can read anywhere I go, standing in a checkout line, while my hubs drives us somewhere (especially the drive back from our trailer which is often 1-1.5 hours), etc. I have two digital library accts so downloading thru their apps is so convenient.

I started taking a lot more pics with my phone these last couple of years and although I'll never stop using my mirror-less or DSLR, I love the convenience of using my iPhone and with the HDR feature, it renders backgrounds/sky really well during sunny days.

I like to check in with forum while out and about too, as well as Pinterest and FB.

I never get bored if I have my phone with me
Old 06-17-2019, 01:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a samsung s8.. my husband and i actually share it because phone plans are so expensive up here (as i'm sure you know) and he can't have a phone at work so it doesn't make sense to pay for 2.

I use my phone for photos and in the past few months i've started listening to audiobooks with my phone. I use libby and have 2 library cards and I also use scribd because I feel it's good value for the $ to listen to books that would otherwise take me months to get from the library.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have an iPhone 7 (personal) and an iPhone 8 (work). I use them for texting, email, social media, photos, videos, calendars, notes, reminders, traffic, direction, various gaming and other apps, etc. I don't tend to read much on my phone because my reading vision is horrible and I prefer a bigger screen.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have an iPhone X Max. I love the larger phone size. Now when I hold a smaller phone it just feels weird.

I use mine for just about everything I do. I do read on it using the Kindle app because I don't always remember to charge my Kindle.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What kind of phone do you have? I have a samsung S8+ - It's about ready to be replaced. It's not charging as well as it used to- I hate that they aren't built to last more than a few years it seems. :/

Do you take photos with it? Yes! The camera is great still- one of the best at the time!

Do you read books or browse online much with it? I read books occasionally on it, but I still prefer my nook or a real actual book for reading. I browse online when I'm waiting for kids activities or dr's offices or such.

How do you utilize your phone? I use my phone for everything, camera, texting, calling/talking, social media, reading, calendar, maps/navigation, reminders, lists and the most important but strangest to get used to- it's also my key to our electric car!
Old 06-17-2019, 03:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What kind of phone do you have? I have an iPhone 7.

Do you take photos with it? yes, I do, but for a couple of months now I always ask my husband to take the photos because he has a One Plus and it takes really great photos.

Do you read books or browse online much with it? before, especially while I was waiting for my daughter at the bus stop.

How do you utilize your phone? I use it for a lot of things, email, the bus app, calendar, maps, almost everything too.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What kind of phone do you have?
I have an iPhone 8
Do you take photos with it?
Yes! ALL. THE. TIME.
Do you read books or browse online much with it?
I used to read books on it all the time, less so since I got a Kindle for Christmas. Now I only read on my phone when I'm too lazy to get my kindle or it's not with me.
How do you utilize your phone?
Um, for everything! Calendar, phone, text, social media, read news, play games, weather, research, maps, lists, etc, etc.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

iphone 7 Plus (I think or it's an 8, I don't know... haha)

It has become my camera 100% of the time. I use it way too much... I watch youtube videos, play design home, gmail, instragram, and facebook on it. Plus when I'm out and about, use it for price checking and coupons. I do not use it for reading... still use my kindle for that.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I use them for texting, email, social media, photos, videos, calendars, notes, reminders, traffic, direction, various gaming and other apps, etc. I don't tend to read much on my phone because my reading vision is horrible and I prefer a bigger screen.
I've got the Samsung S10+ and use it for most of the same as Sheri. I have read on mine, but I don't read much any more at all, so there goes that. LOL

Old 06-17-2019, 10:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Samsung S9+. I love it!

I take photos on it often, though I've been trying to be more intentional in my photo taking this year--because taking phone photos is so convenient and it's always with me, I was taking too many photos and ending up overwhelmed with photo clutter.

I listen to audiobooks more than I read text, and my phone is my favorite device for listening. When I do read an ebook I'm probably evenly split between using my phone and my Kindle (the kind that's only for reading). The other things I use my phone for most are tracking foods, browsing Instagram, catching up on forums, and setting reminders.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have an iPhone X. I upgraded last fall but it really hasn't been as amazing as I thought it would be photo-wise. Maybe it's just operator error. I don't own a camera anymore but I'm thinking about getting one again.

I actually don't use my phone for things unless I'm out and about. I don't text much (I prefer to use Facebook Messenger so I can access it via computer) as I'm such a slow texter and a much faster typist, and I don't enjoy watching or reading on such a small screen. I do browse the Web and use the GPS when I need to but I'm in front of a computer for 7 hours a day where I can access everything I need to on huge dual monitors & then have a laptop at home when I scrap in the evening.

I'm at that in-between age where I didn't have the Internet or a computer at home until high school and I didn't have my own cell phone until after I graduated from college so I'm not as steeped in technology as people younger than me. My sister is just 4 years younger but she had a cell phone at the end of high school, and she doesn't have a computer or any other screens at her house besides the TV and her phone. She does it ALL on her phone & if she can't access it on her phone, she's not interested in whatever it is.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:18 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I use iPhone X for camera, payments, communicating with my parents, checking email, recording my son's reading homework, and a lot more other things, but most of the time I listen to music from there when I'm not in front of computer.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the S9+ and it's the only camera I use, I sold my D90 a few years back and since then I haven't had an urge to replace it.

I don't really read on it, when my kindle broke I stopped reading as much because my phone is too small, now I've got an iPad I use that to read again I ALWAYS brows the internet on my phone though, I only put my laptop on to scrap a few times a week, the rest of my browsing is via my phone.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What kind of phone do you have? iPhone 8 Plus.
Do you take photos with it? Yep, it's my primary camera.
Do you read books or browse online much with it? I read articles while I'm scrolling between appointments, school pickups, etc but not books -- I'm a die-hard "book book" fan.
How do you utilize your phone? Calling my mama mostly (lol she's my best friend), texting, browsing FB, Pinterest, Instagram, actually posting to Instagram and making the weekly videos for SSD's IG, checking emails, GPS for navigating this crazy city and finding fun things to do here.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

iPhone X. I use it to play games, text & check facebook
Old 07-01-2019, 12:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What kind of phone do you have?
I have an iPhone 6
Do you take photos with it?
Yes. Its easier than pulling out my big Nikon, I don't have anything in between. It does not take great photos but it is better than nothing.
Do you read books or browse online much with it?
I do not read on my phone. The screen is too small and my eyes are too old. I browse facebook a bit or I will use it to search something when I'm away from the house.
How do you utilize your phone?
Banking - our bank app or the app I use for for the kids' debit cards
Weather alerts - tornado alley here ....
Audio books - I listen a lot while I am driving or when I'm working in the kitchen
Work - text my tech boss and principal as well as update school facebook page
Facebook - a little, I do this more from my iPad.
Alarm and Flashlight - I use my phone as an alarm and flashlight more than anything else!! Seriously, I use the flashlight at least 4 times every night.