Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-21-2020, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTW: 12/21

Almost Xmas....what??? How did that happen? This holiday season has been so strange. So tell me.....

What are you looking forward to on Xmas? Tell me about your plans.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We'll be home as there is no visiting allowed. My poor sweet GD is in a private carehome and one of them just got COVID this wkend. So she will be isolating in her room with minimal contact with the other 3 caregivers. We'll either facetime or talk on the phone Xmas Eve and Day with her. We're ok with not seeing her, we just want to keep her safe (all good thoughts and prayers are much appreciated).

I'm looking forward to a quiet time. Movies, food, just hanging out with my hubs and daughter. I'm going to meal plan today and pick up whatever groceries we still need. Hubs is on call for work this holiday but the chances of him having to go to a work callout is slim but if there was ever a year to be on call, this is it. We can't go anywhere anyway and no plans can be made so we can work around his schedule as needed.

I think we might binge Ratched on Netflix. I've stocked up on some popcorn and chips and will deal with the weight issue in January
Old 12-21-2020, 02:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No visiting allowed here either. Hubby runs a grocery store, so I'm looking forward to seeing him as he'll be working 12-13 hours a day from now til Christmas Eve. We will facetime family and try to make the best of it - and I'm still making a turkey, even with only the 4 of us lol I have enough food for a month (especially since hubby and I both had gastric bypass surgery so we really don't eat too much!)

Old 12-22-2020, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we are having a very relaxed christmas, my uncle is traveling into the city (he lives 3 hours north outside a small town) and my mum and I are traveling across town to my grandmothers house where we will exchange gifts and have a semi non traditional christmas meal - turkey, ham, salads then christmas mince pies, shortbread and christmas cake

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-22-2020, 01:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We'll spend Christmas Eve with our neighbor (her husband is deployed) & Christmas day on our own + Facetime with family. Looking forward to movies, egg nog & maybe a few board games!
Old 12-22-2020, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We flew to Virginia last Friday. We are staying with my mother in law and father in law. Due to lockdowns and such we will be laying low. We have an at home Christmas Eve service planned with my sister in law and her family here at the house... They live 2 house down from us. Christmas day we will get up here with my mil and fil and kids to see what Santa brought and exchange gifts, have breakfast, my sis in law will join us with her grown boys. We will have a late lunch with my mom and dad as well as grandmother about 3pm. The rest of the time we have been hanging out at the house watching movies and eating junk food! LOL
Next week my sister in traveling down from PA with her kiddos to celebrate Christmas with us and my mom and Dad (Christmas part 2). We will only get to see them for a day or two since we leave to head back to TX on the 1st.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quiet here too with no visiting allowed. Darcy also works until Boxing Day so that sorta stinks but we're just making the best of it. Big snowstorm overnight so we're just being lazy and relaxing. It's going to be really strange not going to my parents over the holidays!
Old 12-23-2020, 09:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's just the four of us, but I'm making a beef tenderloin, a huge lasagna, and a raspberry topped cheesecake among other things. That way I don't have to cook the rest of the weekend.
Oddly, I'm looking forward to cracking into my gingerbread house. This was the first year that I made one from scratch, and I hid a bag of mini M&Ms inside for my family. I thought that it would be a fun little surprise during dessert.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm making stuffing from scratch this year and am looking forward to it. I had eaten low carb for so long I don't even remember what the stuffing tastes like but I know I loved it Since I'm plant based now, I eat more carbs and am really looking forward to this. I'll make it gluten free b/c of my daughter but found a GF bread that is I like and is very similar in texture to wheat bread so I think it's going to turn out great. Mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing...yum!
Old 12-23-2020, 03:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am pretty excited. I am working on Christmas Eve, but we are doing a soup & sandwich potluck. Then after work my husband, son and I are going to a (sparkling for kiddo) wine & cheese night. We'll probably watch movies that night. Then on Christmas Day, I don't have to work. I promised my family I would make a big breakfast & we would open presents. That night we are going to get sushi.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son's boyfriend will be joining, myself, my husband, son and mother in law. She recently got out of the hospital so it is going to be amazing to just do nothing and stay home and enjoy everyone's company. I plan on cooking not a thing, I am going to get some Publix platters and done! The idea this year is less stress because we just can not take any more. Also... we have gone a little overboard with the online shopping so I think presents will be a long leisurely thing too

Last edited by tanyiadeskins; 12-23-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Coquito Eggnog Iced Coffee and baking cookies!

Old 12-24-2020, 09:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our Christmas won't be too different than usual. We are not having my mom over since she's in her mid-80s and our youngest is still in daycare (so we can't quarantine). We will bring her dinner and exchange gifts socially distanced outside of her apartment building. My birthday is on Christmas. I'm the last of our clan to have a COVID-birthday, though admittedly isn't that much different since everything is closed on Christmas anyway, lol